Chapter 9.

You Really Never Know What You Have Until It's Gone.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunkyung’s POV

 

Finally, our performance was toady. Well, it was just a small performance done by the advanced class for the two other classes in our dance club. Still, we had tried our best and the results were satisfactory. “The advanced level people really know their stuff!” 2 girls that passed by me in the hallway were talking about our dance. I secretly grinned to myself, I know we did.

I went back inside the room where my dance mates were and high fived them. “We were awesome.” Minji stated when she gave me a high five. I nodded, “We worked hard for it.”

I sat back down on the floor and remembered what happened two days ago. I frowned, it was so embarrassing crying in front of Sehun, but I really couldn’t help it. After that incident, he drove me home and I couldn’t be anymore thankful that he understood and comforted me. Who knew that the next day, which was yesterday, he would show up with a bag of snacks and a movie to watch with me?

I smiled a bit, remembering how he kept making me laugh with his jokes. I admit, Sehun really has a sense of humor. Even better than Kai.

Which brings me to talk about Kai again…

 

After Sunday, I didn’t see him on Monday because I was cooped up inside my house, being all depressed and stuff. Well, that was until Sehun came over.

I did feel a lot better after he cheered me up, but I felt a bit bad because he used his own time to console me instead of doing other things. Ever since this morning, I stuck with Sehun and whenever Kai would try to approach me to apologize again, I would avoid him or just keep talking to Sehun.

I was being pathetic, but what could I do?

 

“Hey, Eunkyung…” I looked up to see Kai and kept a poker face although I was panicking inside. “U-um..” I stuttered and glanced around, looking for Sehun to save me from this situation.

“Listen, I know you’re upset at me but can you not avoid or ignore me? It hurts to know that I can’t even talk to my best friend now because of something I did. I’m really sorry for ditching you guys back there, but I had to help Miyoung. After all, she was a friend in need of help.”

He apologized again and held my hand to keep me from looking elsewhere. I wanted to forgive him and talk to him normally…but it didn’t feel the same.

“I-I understand. I’m sorry too.” I bit my lip and finally gave in. There’s no point in staying mad at him. Kai really is my biggest weakness.

“It’s my fault, don’t be sorry, I understand that you would act the way you’re acting now. So…we’re cool?” Kai smiled at me, and I felt like falling for him all over again. The same smile that I fell for, how I wish he would stop smiling like that. I nodded and then he hugged me, making my heart beat rapidly and my cheeks to redden. It’s astonishing how he could make me react this way with something so simple.

“Eunkyung, what-“ Sehun stopped in his tracks when he saw us together. He cocked his head to the side with a confused face. Kai stood up and saluted me goodbye, leaving Sehun and I alone.

“Mind explaining what I just saw?” Sehun calmly asked and sat down beside me.

I shrugged, “He apologized, I apologized, we made up. I guess. But I’m still bitter about it.”

Sehun nodded and changed the subject, “What did you think about our performance today? I think the beginner class students loved it.”

“I agree, the intermediate class students were like…almost jealous of us in a way. But they don’t have to worry, some will be able to advance to our class in the future.” Now that I think of it, I was once like that too. Looking at the advanced class doing a dance battle and wondering, when will I be able to join them? Oh well, those were good times. Now, they’re even better.

Sehun’s voice snapped me out of my thoughts and brought me back to reality. “Have you thought of working here as an instructor after excelling the advanced class? I mean, it is the last level after all, and you’re stuck here until you want to leave the club.”

Did I really want to become a teacher here? A coach? I’m studying at one of the best universities in Seoul..maybe I should use that knowledge somewhere else. I wonder if you can work part time here?

“You can always ask the director, I’m sure he’s willing to hire a great dancer like you.”  Sehun chuckled as if he had read my mind. Well, working part time here didn’t sound so bad, I didn’t loathe dancing or anything. But what would be my main job?

“I don’t want to think too much about my future right now. Let’s save that for later.” I giggled and playfully pushed him away.

“But when you do, talk to me! Don’t keep things to yourself again, you know there are people who are willing to listen~” He said in a lighthearted way, but I knew he meant more than that. “But if you do keep things to yourself and I find out…”

He jumped up and began dancing the chorus to B.A.P’s new song – No Mercy.

 

“No, no, no, no mercy!” He sang while laughing. A grin spread across my face, this dork. Sehun really knew how to lighten up peoples’ moods.

I joined his dance but kept laughing, because we looked absolutely ridiculous singing and dancing in the corner of the room.

“I know that dance too!” Hoya skipped over and even started rapping parts of the song. Our little dance party spread like a disease, as a few more people came over and began dancing to the song.

“God stop doing the crotch grabbing move!” Hyoyeon smacked Hoya’s arm and kept laughing because all the guys began doing it.

We all loved dancing to the ‘boom, clap, boom boom clap’ part and everyone made their own modifications to the dance.

Minji even played the song from her phone and videotaped us fooling around.

Taemin began chest popping and bumping people with his chest, and we were running around like idiots.

 

 

I swear, for that moment, I forgot all my problems with Kai and let myself loose. Who knows when I’ll be this free and happy again?

- - - - - - -

 

Who knew that we were going to spend all afternoon in the studio making dance covers of K-Pop songs till the sky turned dark? SNSD’s Genie, Teen Top’s To you, Infinite’s Be Mine, Super Junior’s y, Free & Single, and more!

Of course, not the entire class stayed. In the end, it was only me, Sehun, Hyoyeon, Taemin, Hoya, and Minji left. We were all lying on the ground, exhausted.

“I’m so uploading these onto Youtube.” Minji declared and scrolled through her phone. “Don’t upload Bubble Pop please…I didn’t try my best and I looked horrible in it.” Hyoyeon pleaded and I joined in, “I was awful too! Just don’t upload that one.”

Minji rolled her eyes, “I’ll be definitely uploading the No Mercy cover though, that was the best.” We relaxed for a while before walking to some restaurant for dinner together.

 

“It’s been a while since I’ve eaten with a group of people.” Taemin yawned and slung his arm over me. I pinched his cheeks and he poked my side. I flinched and pushed him forwards, “Stop it oppa~”

“Then you shouldn’t have pinched me!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter