Chapter 13.

You Really Never Know What You Have Until It's Gone.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunkyung's POV

The competition was nearing. I grew more nervous day by day, thinking of the things that could go wrong. Would I forget a dance move? Would I slip in those ridiculously high heels that I’ve practiced in? Would the audience not like our dance at all?

A lot of things happened during the final week before the competition too. I finally had a day with Kai, but it wasn’t a special date or anything, we just went to a café and chatted for a while. He did bring up Miyoung a few times, but it was only to talk about their dance progress. I guess I wasn’t in a good mood that day, as I found Kai really talkative and almost boring-like when he talked to me. He had to leave after an hour or so, and this time I just let him be. We’re all anxious for the competition anyway, and we all wanted to spend more time with our partners.

After that little ‘date’, I dropped by Sehun’s house to see what he was up to. As soon as he let me in, I was welcomed by the scent of his cologne. I instantly smiled at the smell, it was all so familiar now that I wouldn’t even cringe whenever I smelled it. “How did it go?” Sehun asked, referring to my talk with Kai.

“Nothing interesting just caught up a bit and shared the progress of our dances. He seems to be doing well, and he left early again.” I said in a monotone voice. There really was nothing exciting to talk about him right now, so I changed the subject and asked Sehun about his day instead.

“I watched TV all day so far, then had a sandwich for lunch. That’s pretty much it.” I chuckled at his frankness with me as he sat down in the couch, right beside me. We had grown so close over the several weeks that I could even barge into his house without alerting him beforehand and still be able to stay until dinner. I really liked being around Sehun, his presence always made me happy and comforted. I’m sure he didn’t mind having me around either since he never showed any signs of displeasure.

It was now the last day – the competition was just tomorrow. I was at Sehun’s house again, watching TV and enjoying each other’s company.

“I don’t want you to collapse on the day of the competition, you know.” He joked and pinched my cheeks teasingly. I swatted his hands away and lay on his lap, “I won’t.” He caressed my face and leaned in, as if he was examining it. I flushed at the sudden intimacy and looked away from his eyes, “Why are you staring at me like that?”

“Your eyes are really pretty, but you can’t really tell unless you look at them reaallllll closely.” He emphasized the word ‘real’ and I tried to prevent a wide smile from forming on my face. “Your eyes are pretty too. Not as pretty as mine though.”

Sehun just rolled his eyes and pretended to shove me off his lap, “My lips are prettier than yours though.” My gaze flickered to his lips and I stared at those plump lips of his. “They’re more of cute than pretty...” I commented and reached out to touch them, but he leaned back. I jerked my hand back, realizing that I had almost touched his lips.

“I know they look cute but you don’t have to touch them.” Sehun pointed to his lips and I could feel my cheeks burning. Before I could react again, Sehun had reached out and placed a finger on my lips. I jolted from his touch and stayed still, seeing that he was deep in thought.
 

Sehun’s POV
 

Would she mind if I kissed her right now? I slowly took back my finger, smiling at her. Her lips were really soft indeed. I slowly leaned in and I saw her gradually

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter