Chapter 14.

You Really Never Know What You Have Until It's Gone.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunkyung’s POV

“Can you believe it’s just 2 hours away?” I slumped onto the couch of our dressing room and sighed. Sehun nodded and sat down beside me. “I wonder how Kai and Miyoung are doing right now. Probably just as nervous.”

This time, nothing sparked inside of me when Sehun mentioned Kai’s name. The desire to win had grown into a flame inside of me. I wouldn’t let our chance to win first place slip away so easily. We had worked so hard, hell I even collaspsed from the exhaustion, and I wasn’t going to let all that hard work go to waste. Worst of all, if Kai and Miyoung get a higher rank than us…they would never let us hear the last of it.

“We should start preparing now.” I puffed my cheeks out and headed to the rack of clothes, looking for the outfit the stylists had prepared for me ahead of time.

“Gotta give props to girls who dance in such high heels.” Sehun pretended to applaud me.

“I’ve practiced enough in this, I should be fine.” I stuck my tongue out at him and headed into the cubicle to change. Oh boy, the way this dress hugs my curves.... Eunkyung this isn’t the time to get self-conscious. I shook away the thoughts and slipped on the heels. “Woah, so much taller now.” I quietly joked to myself while looking at the mirror.

“Why do I have to wear such a tight dress shirt!!” I heard Sehun complain as one of our outfit coordinators handed him his clothes. I stifled a laugh and stepped out from behind the curtain.

I twirled around in my smooth, white dress, catching Sehun’s attention. “Well, how does it look?”

I anticipated for Sehun’s answer, as he looked me up and down.

He gave me two thumbs up and smiled cheekily, “Perfect. You look amazing.”

I blushed before pushing him inside to change while I headed over to the vanity tables, allowing the makeup stylist to do my makeup and hair. Not long after, Sehun sat down beside me again and had his makeup done. I threw side glances at what he was wearing and bit my lip to stop myself from blurting out what was on my mind.

“S-Sehun..why don’t you button up your shirt a bit?” I muttered and looked away. He looked down and chuckled, following my orders, “Why, can’t stand the heat?”

I rolled my eyes but kept facing the other side, “It just got a lot colder because of your lame joke.”

After my hair was done and the flower clip was in place, I glimpsed at the clock. An hour left before it’s our turn. I sighed and tried to relax my nerves by walking around the room and stretching a bit.

“Eunkyung, try on your mask!” Sehun came over with our masks. Right, our theme was a fantasy mixed masquerade one. It was pretty unique though; I don’t regret choosing this theme at all. He handed me the more feminine looking mask and I marveled at the intricate details and the shiny exterior of it.

I struggled trying to put the mask on, because I didn’t want to ruin my hair. Sehun could only laugh at my irritated face. “Here, let me help.” He took the mask from my hand and carefully stretched the elastic band, making it wide enough to wrap around my head. He adjusted it a bit and stepped back, admiring the mask. “It looks beautiful on you.” I shyly bit my lip and warily took the mask off, then helped him put his on.

Because he was so much taller then me, I had to tiptoe to reach the top of his head. “Just a…bit more…” I finally was able to put the mask on him, but ended up losing my balance and following forwards onto his chest. “S-Sorry!” I stuttered and flattened out my dress, not wanting to wrinkle it too much.

“Are you alright? I mean you’re the one wearing a dress and high heels.” He bent down and examined my face. I turned red and pushed him away as a reflex.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter