Chapter 2.

You Really Never Know What You Have Until It's Gone.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunkyung's POV

 

*Ding dong*

Is he here already? I quickly checked my hair and smiled at the mirror. I finally get to see Kai after days of waiting. I wonder what kept him so busy?

I opened the door and Kai was there, with a breathtaking smile on as usual. “Hey.”

I let him in as he easily slipped off his sneakers. “You’re finally here huh. It’s been,” I counted my fingers, “Five days since we saw each other!”

He chuckled and ruffled his hair with one hand, “I had some things to do. Sorry about that bestie.”

 

Something inside of me cracked once again hearing him say ‘bestie’. Will you never see me for who I really am? “I missed spending time with you too.”

My heart leaped for joy after hearing those simple words, had he really missed me the way I missed him?

 

I pretended to smack him playfully and headed to the kitchen, “Do you want anything to drink?” He shook his head, “No thanks. Now that we’re on break from university classes…what do you want to do?”

I decided to get straight to the point to why I invited him over.

 

“You didn’t tell me you were going to do a second performance.” I narrowed my eyes at him.

He clicked his tongue as he recalled what I was talking about, “Right. I didn’t tell anyone except the organizers at the event Eunkyung, I kept it a secret so that no one would be expecting it. You know, everyone always knows what to expect from me, so this time I made them guess.”

 

Couldn’t you have told your best friend, the one you trust the most, that you were perhaps, going to ‘confess’ to your crush that night during the performance so that I wouldn’t have to watch it?

“Oh…” That was all I could say.

“Did you like my performance though? Was I on key or did I go off tune? And I bet you were surprised that I actually went up to the girl I told you about countless times before!” He laughed and sat on the couch, looking through his phone for something.

“Yeah…it was nice, it was my favourite song anyway. You sang and rap well.” I shrugged as if it was no big deal, but in fact it was.

“And guess what? After the dinner, we exchanged numbers! We just went out with her other friends a few days ago and I got to know her more. She’s a really petite girl, but quite cute too.”

 

I couldn’t stand listening to Kai gush about how nice she was. So that’s what he has been doing during these days. “What’s her name?” I blurted out after he showed me a selca they had taken. Already.

Kai dreamily looked at the picture on his phone, “Miyoung. Park Miyoung. Pretty name huh?”

 

Miyoung. Her name kept ringing in my head. Miyoung. I won’t forget that name that easily. Miyoung.

 

“So, what do you think of her?” Kai turned to face me with his full attention. He had never described a girl like that, or even seemed so giddy when talking about a girl, which totally crushed my heart.

“I uh…guess she’s okay so far. How did you find out about her anyway if you never talked to her before that dinner?” I was getting way too curious, but that didn’t stop me from digging into the details.

“I used to see her a lot in the hallways whenever I went to class. She wasn’t the popular type of student, but she stood out to me in some way. One day, there was a play held at our university, and she had a part where she danced as a baller

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter