Chapter 18.

You Really Never Know What You Have Until It's Gone.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunkyung's POV
 

“She’s in that cubicle. I’ll be going back to my office now, come see me if you need anything!“

Mr. Park left Miyoung just a meter away from where I was and I pretended to be occupied with my computer. I don’t even know what I was typing as I was just typing whatever was on my mind. I stared at what I had typed out and mentally slapped myself.
 

My name is Eunkyung and I like to eat.
 

“Eunkyung ssi?” Miyoung came to the back of my cubicle where she could see right inside. I turned around and acted surprised to see her here. “Miyoung ssi? What are you doing here?” She smiled and came into my cubicle, too close for my liking. “I just dropped by to talk to you, since I heard you worked part time in this company. That was my uncle just now.” She pointed out the most obvious thing and I refrained from rolling my eyes at her snobby attitude.

“Oh really? So Mr. Park is your uncle….ah he’s your dad’s brother? Because of the surname..” I chuckled and she nodded, “You got that right. Anyways, how are you doing here these days? Any complications?” She leaned against the wall and gazed at me almost as if she was my boss.

I shrugged and glanced at my computer, “It’s been great. I’m doing fine here.” She looked around my cubicle and suddenly asked, “So you have enough time to be dating Jongin?”

My eyes widened as big as golf balls and I looked at her with a confused yet ‘what the hell are you talking about’ look, “Excuse me? I wouldn’t date my best friend. Isn’t he going after you anyway?” I kept my voice low in case someone decided to eavesdrop on us. She scoffed and narrowed her eyes at me. “Don’t pretend. I know you like him and that you’re trying to get him to like you. He probably likes you too because you’ve been seducing him.” So she thinks Kai doesn’t like her back? That’s why Kai called me to Starbucks this morning to explain to Miyoung that I was just his best friend, huh. He probably told her that I was busy at work and couldn’t come ‘explain’, is this why she came to talk to me personally? Mind you that Kai doesn’t even know I’m dating Sehun yet.

I took all this information in and looked at her. “I think you’re overthinking things. He told me that he liked you, and besides..” I moved my chair out of the way so she had a view of the pictures I stuck up on the wall, “I have a boyfriend.”
 

was wide open but she kept glaring at me, “You’re dating two guys at the same time?” I smirked at her in disbelief, “You think I’m that low? Hell no. I started dating Sehun after the dance competition for your information.”

She struggled to say something, and when she failed to do so, she whipped out her phone and punched in some numbers, then stomped away angrily and out of the office. I rolled my eyes and mumbled to myself, “What a . I hope Kai doesn’t confess to her, she’ll be a nightmare to him.”
 

- - - - - - - -
 

“How was work today?” Sehun asked as I got into the car and quickly pecked his cheek.

“So-so. Good is that I got an article in. Bad is that Miyoung showed up.” I recalled the scene earlier and facepalmed myself. How dumb of her to confront me when she doesn’t know anything.

“What did she want from you?” Sehun chuckled while keeping his eyes on the road. Great, we were approaching heavy traffic. “Aish, I should have gone the other way…” Sehun muttered to himself as soon as we saw the long rows of cars.

“She thought I still liked Kai and that he liked me. She had an argument with him. She thought I was dating two guys at the same time. Kai called me earlier to help him settle stuff but I wasn’t available. So basically she hates my guts and Kai probably is very upset right now. But who am I to interfere with their problems.” I shrugged and decided not to say anything else. If they really liked each other, they would have to solve their own problems between the both of them.

Sehun listened to my mini story and laughed, “Wow, dramatic much?” I nodded and leaned back on the seat, “I really hope he doesn’t ask her out or she rejects him, I can’t imagine how much Kai would suffer.” As his best friend, I personally think that they don’t look good together. I never did think so, even from the beginning. I knew there was something wrong about Miyoung that I didn’t like.
 

“Where do you want to go?” Sehun asked and looked at the time, “It’s still early afternoon.” I pondered for a while, where did I want to go? Maybe a place to relax and relieve all the tension…

“The beach? Well I don’t mean swimming, but maybe just playing around, building sandcastles, scavenging for seashells…” I reminisced about my childhood and remembered how I loved going to the beach.

“Are you not afraid that it’ll be too hot, especially at 3 in the afternoon? I mean, we are in the middle of August right now.” Sehun pointed out. I stuck my head out of the window and looked at the sky, “It’s really cloudy today. Maybe it’ll even rain afterwards.”

“Okay, okay. We’ll drop by your house then mine so that we can get some towels, change into sandals, and into more appropriate clothing.” We finally got out of the trafficked area and headed to my house. Sehun was right, I didn’t want to go to the beach wearing skinny pants or sneakers. He stopped the car in front of my house and I quickly went inside, grabbing a bag and putting a towel, sunscreen, wallet, and other necessities inside. I changed into another outfit and brought a spare change of clothes in case I got wet. I put on my Ray-Ban sunglasses and slipped on the sandals, then headed back out to the car after locking the door.

“7 minutes, now that was long.” Sehun spoke as soon as I opened the door. I rolled my eyes, “I’m a girl okay.”

Sehun drove t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter