Chapter 11.

You Really Never Know What You Have Until It's Gone.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunkyung's POV
 

“Let’s do it like…this.” Sehun caught me by the shoulders and dipped me downwards a bit lower than the first time. I shut my eyes at the feeling the rapid drop gave me, and exhaled a bit. I opened my eyes to find Sehun inches away from my face.

“Is this okay for you? Or is it too sudden?” He asked with a concerned tone. I looked away, blushing at his closeness, “Maybe not too low, or make it slower because it seriously feels like I’m going to hit the ground any minute.”

He lifted me back up with ease and ruffled his hair with one hand like he would always do whenever he had to solve something. It was a cute habit that he had, and I would sometimes purposefully ask him challenging math problems when I wanted to see him do it. Not that it really worked though, since he was a genius at math in general.

“Let me try it differently this time, see if you prefer it this way or not.” He got into position and effortlessly repeated his actions. This time, he put one arm around my shoulder and the other arm around my waist, supporting me as a whole and decreasing the sensation of falling down that I would have felt originally.

This time, I didn’t blink as his face came closer to mine. “Better?” He searched my eyes for any sign discomfort. I pursed my lips together and nodded, “A lot.”

He broke out into a grin, showing those pearly white teeth of his. “Good.”

 

Within three hours of continuous planning, choreographing, and practice, Sehun and I were able to come up with a final story and meaning behind dance, as well as one minute of dance choreography.

“Man, I’m beat. Who knew this stuff was so hard to come up with?” Sehun plopped onto the floor, soaked in sweat. I was breathing heavily after practicing, making changes, and going over the dance more than 20 times, and fanned myself with my hands. The air conditioner was barely helping at this point.

I wiped the sweat off my face with a towel and tiredly replied, “Says the one who claimed to be good at choreographing. I’m glad we made so much progress though. Kai and I usually would only get around 30 to 40 seconds of a dance routine in addition to basic preparations in the first day, simply because he’s not as good as organizing his thoughts and coming up with moves when based directly on a subject.”

Sehun agreed, “Kai hyung is better at freestyle, because he can connect to the music more with his body and emotions without any limitations or boundaries.”

We still had a month or so until the final competition, so we had plenty of time to choreograph the rest of the dance and to practice it hundreds of times.

After safely tucking my notebook that contained literally everything about our dance into my bag, I rested on my back and faced the ceiling, staying quiet for a few minutes to catch my breath.

 

Before I knew what I was doing, I was stealing quick peeks at Sehun. Something about the way his shirt stuck to his damp chest, the way his hair was tousled in different directions, the way he gulped down water, the way he was breathing deeply…was so alluring.

I shouldn’t be thinking these thoughts…. I don’t know anymore…

God Eunkyung stop it.

I cleared my throat to shut my inner conscience up, “Let’s do this one last time and call it final afterwards, alright?”

Sehun got up and drank some more water before helping me up. I quickly stood back up and rehearsed what we had so far one more time. As soon as we were done, I changed into a new shirt, as the one I was wearing was soaked with sweat, and it didn’t feel the least bit comfortable.

“I’ll drive you home.” Sehun kindly offered while walking out of the dance studio after bidding our fellow dance mates goodbye. I nodded thankfully and followed him to his car. “Wait, did you change cars?”

I stared at the unfamiliar vehicle Sehun stood in front of. “Nah, this is the car my driver uses to drive me around. My driver came already so that’s why I offered you a ride home.”

I rolled my eyes at him, “So nice of you.” He opened the door and I instantly gawked at the luxurious interior of the car. “Sehun, you rich bastard…”

He threw his hands up in the air defensively, “What?! It’s the least my parents can do for me for not being in the country and not taking care of me…Besides I don’t live in a ridiculously huge mansion and act like a spoiled child like most rich kids do. And this isn’t a limousine, so it’s nothing big okay.”

Now that, I couldn’t argue against. I knew that Sehun lived in a pretty nice house, had his own car, and didn’t show off his wealth…but I really didn’t know he had a driver, an extra car, and that his parents were actually supporting him from another continent. “Still. Rich jerk.” I pouted and got into the car. If he can drive himself, why does he still need a driver then?? His parents really spoil him.

Sehun got in the other side and told the driver to drive me home. “How does he know where I live?” I questioned while admiring the lighting and seat fabric in the car. It honestly felt like I was living the life of a god, the car was just so gorgeous and fancy.

“I tell him the address of all my friends before hand so that he can input it onto the car’s GPS. That way he just has to click on their name and he’ll get the directions to their house every time.” Sehun replied nonchalantly.

“Can we go to your house first? I’ve been friends with you ever since high school and I have never actually been inside your house once.”

Sehun look intently at me before nodding, “As you like.” While he told his driver to change direction, I fumbled for my phone and checked for any new messages or missed calls.
 

Jongin oppa♥ (2)
 

I quickly pressed the notification and saw that I had missed one call from him and one text message.
 

Hey Eunkyung, call me back when you’re available.
 

I hesitated before pressing ‘call’ below his contact name.
 

“Hello?” Kai’s voice sounded tired, but still had that power to make my heart beat faster.
“Hey Kai, you asked me to call you back?”
I heard some shuffling sounds, “Oh yeah, just give me a sec alright?”
I pouted and waited for his voice to re appear. “Eunkyung?”
“Still here.” I huffed and impatiently asked, “What is it?”
“About our meeting tomorrow, can we postpone it to the day after tomorrow? Since Miyoung and I are busy with the competition stuff now, we thought we’d meet up tomorrow to make a schedule. Sorry about cancelling this late.”

I stayed quiet and sadly gazed at Sehun. “Fine. Take your time, you don’t have to make plans with me this week, just finish up whatever it is with Miyoung first.” I tried not to sound disappointed or saddened, but I couldn’t help but feel bitter about it.

“I knew you’d be understanding. Thanks Eunkyung, talk to you some time soon?”

“Yeah. Bye.” I hung up and inwardly groaned. Face it Eunkyung, now that he’s her partner, he’s going to spend less time with you and more time with her.

“You alright?” Sehun asked, concerned.

“He cancelled yet another meeting. He’s always like this now. I can’t help but feel resentful against his actions. I know I’m being selfish, but….” I ranted on and on, and Sehun just listened attentively.

The car stopped and Sehun got out, opening the door for me. “Soon, he’ll have no one to talk to apart from that Miyoung when you’re unavailable. When he loses her, he’ll realize what an he’s been to you.” Sehun pointed out and walked to the entrance of his house.
 

“Wow. Nice place.” I studied the modern exterior of the house. He was right, he didn’t live in a mansion, but this was a thousand times better than my house. I wonder what it looks like inside? [A/N: Ignore the car and the number '18' in front of the house]

“Come in.” Sehun unlocked the door and stepped inside. I followed him in, and my jaw dropped at the modern looking living room. It was huge and spacious!

“You live here by yourself?” I asked, my mouth still wide open.

Sehun gently closed my mouth with his hand and nodded, “You’d think I would have a butler living here too, but no. I live alone.”

“Why don’t you want a butler? That would be awesome!” I exclaimed. I wanted my own butler or maid, even. He could afford it yet he still didn’t want one! My life would be so much easier with someone in my house, cleaning and serving me.

“It’s a waste of money, besides, I don’t really need any help in this house. I know you want one. Amazing how you can change moods so easily after seeing my house, I should bring you here more often.” He chuckled and headed upstairs.

“Err, I’ll wait here.” I pointed at the couch.
 

Instead, he dragged me upstairs with him. “You wanted to see my house right? You’re coming up with me then.” I made no complaint as I looked at the hallway, peeking into a room as I passed.

“This place is huge-” I gawked at his bedroom as he opened the door. “And your room is even bigger.” He slightly smirked and went inside his walk in closet.

“I’m going to change into something fresh, be right back.” He shut the door and I instantly snooped around his room. There was so much to see and touch.

“Oh what’s this-“ I was about to touch a weird looking object and it suddenly , emitting light. “God that scared me. Turning on a lamp without even touching it, what a great thing to have in my room.” I smiled, amused at the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter