Chapter 16.

You Really Never Know What You Have Until It's Gone.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunkyung’s POV

 

I looked outside the window to see that we were approaching the Han River. My eyes twinkled at the already dark sky. The moon was present, and the sky was clear of pollution. I spotted several stars and smiled at how bright they shined, just like us tonight.

“You don’t mind that we take a walk before dinner right? To reflect on tonight, I guess.” Sehun spoke as I realized that we were, indeed, going to the Han River.

I looked at him and chuckled, “Of course I don’t mind. I want to clear my mind a bit too.” He parked the car in a vacant space and we got out, heading down towards the long road beside the river. Standing at the beginning of the road, it looked as if the sidewalk could stretch on forever.

We walked down the paved road while looking at the calm river, glistening under the moonlight. “So, how do you feel tonight?” He asked. Everything was so quite and peaceful, when he finally spoke, it was the only thing I heard.

“Couldn’t be any happier. I feel like giving the whole world a big hug right now.” I spoke honestly with all my heart. I really did feel like hugging every single person right now, this was probably the happiest day of my life so far.

“Same here. When they mentioned our names, I thought I was dreaming. But then I looked at you and realized, no, I wasn’t dreaming. In fact, you were even more shocked than I was.”

My cheeks reddened at his corny words, why do you say things that make me blush profusely? He suddenly stopped walking and glanced at me, almost like his tongue was tied and he couldn’t say what was on his mind. I stopped beside him, wondering what he wanted to say.

 

“This might not be the best place to say this, and I know this may seem random, but-“

I let out a soft laugh at his rambling, “Sehun ah, this place is the best for anything. I love this place.”

He relaxed a bit and then grabbed hold of my hand. I tilted my head and looked at him questioningly. He took a deep breath and gazed into my eyes with affection, and I immediately softened.

 

“This may not be the most romantic place for me to tell you this, and I don’t know how you’ll react. But I want to let you know, Nam Eunkyung….I like you. Heck, no, I think I’ve fallen in love with you. This seems all of a sudden and out of the blue, but I don’t think I can stand hugging you or holding your hands feeling like you’re just simply another friend of mine. I want to be able to talk to you like you’re more than just a friend, the girl whom I love. I’ve never wanted someone to be mine so badly as much as you. And I know that because I can’t even wait till tomorrow to tell you this. You don’t have to answer me right away, but I just feel better knowing that you are aware of my feelings and I hope that you’ll understand…if you don’t feel the same way, we can stay as good friends. If you do…then I uh…aish what am I even saying. Just know that I’ll wait for your answer no matter how long it takes…” He hesitated before pulling me into a warm hug and murmured, “For me, actions speak louder than words..”

I bit my lip and looked down embarrassingly. I’ve always noticed how happy and comfortable he would be around me…. but the thought of him liking me never actually crossed my mind before. So was this the surprise he was talking about? I mustered up all my courage to look him at him and genuinely smiled at him, “Thank you for being patient.” He stiffly nodded and quickly pulled away, but he did not let go of my hand.

I stared at the beautiful night scene in front of us and admired how bright the moon was tonight. I risked a glance at Sehun and noticed how handsome he was even with all the light shining on him. Tonight, he looked extra stunning. His tousled hair and eyeliner made him look manly and more than attractive, but I could still see the charming Sehun beneath that look. With the moonlight, his features stood out even more and I couldn’t help but stare a little longer at him.
 

Eunkyung, do you really like him back?
 

I guess there’s only one way to find out.

 

“Sehun ah, what if I did something totally unexpected right now?”

He turned his head and the corner of his lips curved up. “Like what?”

I pretended to deliberate about my actions for a moment, and then motioned for him to bend down, “You’re too tall.”

He rolled his eyes and crouched down so that I was towering over him now. I lightly smacked his arm, “Yah! Now I’m too tall!” He smirked for a slight second before gently tugging down on my arm, making me squat down as well, “Now we’re even. Now what was it that you wanted to do or say?”

I subtly my lips before leaning in and pecked his cheek. His eyes widened and he blinked, unsure of what just happened.

I looked down shyly, “To be honest, I don’t know what that was for..” I instantly got up and stepped back, “Um, I guess, I’ll see you later?” I chuckled nervously and proceeded to walk away from the slightly dazed Sehun. Of course, I didn’t really mean it. I knew he would chase after me anyways, but I decided to have some fun with him.

Within seconds, I heard footstep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter