10 Years Later.

You Really Never Know What You Have Until It's Gone.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunkyung's POV

“Mommy! Daddy is being scary again!” My 5 year old daughter came running into the kitchen with a pout on her face. I stopped what I was doing and bent down to her height, “What did he do again? I’ll punish him!” She was about to tell me when Sehun walked into the kitchen, “Where are you Oh Sekyung~” I rolled my eyes as Sekyung hid behind my back. I stood up and carried Sekyung in my arms, “What are you up to now Sehun?” He spotted Sekyung and strolled over with an evil grin, “Come to daddy now Sekyung~ I’ll buy you chocolate!”

Did I mention that Sekyung loved chocolate, just like me? I guess she inherited my eating genes. I turned around and walked out of the kitchen with Sekyung, “No bribing, and too much chocolate isn’t good for her!” Sehun followed me out and hugged me from behind. “I like to spoil her, just like how I spoil you.” Sekyung wiggled around in my arms and I placed her on the floor again. She clung onto Sehun’s leg and giggled cutely, “Buy me chocolate then!”
 

Yes, Sekyung’s five years old yet she knows what chocolate is and Sehun uses it as a bribe to get her to cuddle with him. She must have also inherited both of or brains because she shows lots of interest in numbers AND she’s smart. “Okay princess we’ll go out today and get you a box of chocolate.” Sehun picked Sekyung up and she kissed him on the cheek. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t jealous of the attention Sehun gave to Sekyung ever since she started talking. Sure, he did pay attention to me, but what he used to do with me, he’d do with Sekyung now. I admit, it strengthens the bond between her and Sehun, but I can’t help but feel envious of her. My little princess sure is lucky.
 

“What is my baby dreaming about?” Sehun whispered into my ear. I blinked and stared at Sekyung who was at her little play corner, doodling in a sketchbook. “Nothing..” I mumbled and rubbed my eyes. “If you’re tired, I’ll carry you up to our room. You should really stop working extra hours at the company.” Sehun sighed at my tired state. The reason why I worked a few more hours was to earn more money for the family. Sehun may be wealthy and all and with an excellent job as vice-president of a business company, but I needed to contribute to the family as well. Sehun took great care of me for these many years, I felt like doing something in return.

“I have to write more articles on a daily basis now. You know that it brings home more money for Sekyung to use in the future..” I smiled and gazed at her. My job was sometimes a bit tiring, having to sit for a long period of time, but it was enjoyable and I liked doing it. As for hobbies, I still danced sometimes, but I devoted my free time to photography. I kept an online portfolio with all my pictures, and hoped that maybe a professional would stumble across my gallery sometime and offer me another job. Maybe it wouldn’t be as hard or tiring.

“I’m the husband, I should be doing most of the work. I should be the one who comes home tired!” Sehun wrinkled his nose and complained. “I feel like a bad husband having you overwork yourself. Why don’t you work at the same place as me? I could give you less work but still get the same pay as everyone else!”

I had thought of that offer, but it seemed….lazy. It didn’t sound correct to me, and besides, the jobs available in the company Sehun worked in didn’t excite me. I wasn’t a business lady, I was a writer, a journalist. One of the top, may I add. It’s what I did for a living, and I didn’t plan on changing that anytime soon. I sighed and sat on the couch, “I love my job and you know that. Maybe I’ll cut down on several work hours, if that makes you feel better.”

Sehun instantly smiled and kissed my forehead, “I’d like that very much.”

 

“Daddy didn’t kiss me yet today!” Sekyung squealed in the corner as she watched us and I turned my head to look at her. Sehun opened his arms, beckoning her to come over, “Come here, I’ll give you a kiss now.” Sekyung ran to us and Sehun kissed her cheek, “There, happy?”

Sekyung looked at me then back at Sehun, pointing at her lips, “Here.” Oh, so cheeky now Sekyung? I frowned and looked somewhere else. Sehun chuckled and whispered to Sekyung, even though I could still clearly hear him, “Your mommy doesn’t seem to like that though. She’s jealous~”

“Mommy gets to kiss you everyday at anytime, but I only get to kiss you when I ask for it or see you!” Sekyung protested and I bit my lip to prevent from laughing out loud. “Okay okay fine.” Sehun gave in and pecked her lips, making a smooch sound. Sekyung laughed happily, “Yay~”

“I guess it’s someone’s turn now.” Sehun emphasized the word ‘someone’, obviously referring to me because who else was in the house apart from me? I scoffed and wagged my finger at him, “No thanks, I’m good.” He ignored my comment and yanked me towards him. I leaned backwards, refusing to kiss him. “Don’t be shy around Sekyung~ We’ve done it many times already~” He spoke in a low voice teasingly, and Sekyung just looked at us with a confused face.

“Why won’t mommy kiss daddy?” She asked innocently. I groaned and put my hands down, allowing Sehun to give me a quick kiss. Sekyung clapped and waddled off to do other things. Sehun took a quick glance at Sekyung then kissed me again, this time I didn’t hesitate to return the kiss. It has been a while since we had time to ourselves. “I missed kissing you.” Sehun mumbled and grabbed me by my waist, pulling me into a hug. I inhaled the sweet scent of his and s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter