Nightmare Paradise

Song Of the Siren

The sun had set and it was time for the sailors to go back to their bunkers for rest and dinner.

"Man... I'm sweating like crazy." Boong Hee complained wiping his perspiration off.

"You don't work out much do you." Yunho got the point.

"I don't. I'm a rich man's son! Why would I...."

"I get the point." Yunho cut him off in mid sentence.

BoongHee point to the post he was taking for the night.

"Guard duty for you again?" Yunho asked.

The latter nodded.

As usual, they had the same duties to attend to.

The moon was full round. It shone fluorescent light around the deck again, at once making it look like a dance floor.

**                               **

The next day at noon, they docked at a rocky portion of the 'Siren's Cove' to take a breather, since they had been at sea for almost 25 hours.

Most of the sailors were already feeling the effects of the wide ocean.

"Oh... good! Land!" BoongHee exclaimed and ran out.

Yunho walked leisurely off the ramp and onto the rocky inclined landing.

The other sailors had long left and were no where insight leaving the duo behind.

"When it comes to fun, they sure know how to have it." Yunho said sheepishly.

He carried a hand gun with him just incase.

** **

Both of them started to ascend the steep rocks.

As they reached the top of their climb, the scene that they beheld was a totally different one from theirs. 

It didn't seem like they were on earth. It looked other worldly!

" Are we in heaven?" BoongHee asked

"Don't be stupid. We're still on earth. You haven't died yet." Yunho answered sarcastically.

There was a cool and gentle breeze and it felt like they could stay there forever.

However there was something amidst about the place.

It was quiet.. Way too quiet.

"Aren't there any birds here?"

Yunho looked around.

There was that cold gust of wind again and the same familiar figure the night before blew by.

Instead of going for BoongHee, it went for him this time.

Two strong talons picked the armed sailor off the ground and threw him towards a clump of bushes.

Tumbling over, Yunho grabbed a shrub nearby to stop himself from 'flying' any further.

"Ugh... "

He got up to see that the creature was picking at his friend like a cat to it's prey.

It wasn't going to kill him yet, it was going to play with it's food till the prey gave up.

"Stay away from him!" Yunho repeated as he drew his gun and ran towards the creature.

In an instant the bird- like creature turned around and with it's powerful tail slammed Yunho into a tree nearby.

The latter winced as the pain from the impact coursed through his back.

The creature screeched at him in anger and charged towards the injured sailor.

"Chi!" Yunho spat.

The creature loomed over him once more and prepared to do maximum damage to the already injured sailor.

"Give it your best shot." Yunho said as he stared at the creature in the eye.

Just as soon as the creature prepared to strike, it stopped and took a step back.

Yunho was a little disorientated from the concussion earlier but was a little confused.

"Isnt' it me you want?" Yunho asked.

The creature stared at him for a moment.

It 'frowned' and opened its beak and said something.

To Yunho's utter disbelief, it wasn't a screech, nor was it any sound an animal would make.

It sounded just like speech!

"You are mine now.." It said to Yunho's surprise.

"Wait!" Boong Hee shouted as it picked the injured sailor up.

"Ugh.." Yunho winced again as the force of the creatures talon grasp onto his shoulder.

Watching in horror as the creature pick his friend off, BoongHee grabbed the gun that Yunho had dropped and started firring away at the creature to no avail.

It was already out of sight.

"YUNHO!" BoongHee cried

======================================================================================================

Comments pls!