After Glow

Song Of the Siren

"I'm getting really bored." Yunho's dorm mate complained.

"Deal with it."
"We won't be out of this place for another 48hours." Yunho said matter-of- factly.

"Ugh....."

The rain outside of the vessel was beating down on the deck. It was so heavy, visibility was zero.

They were sailing almost blindly if it wasn't for their navigation system.

"We're WAY to pampered these days." His dorm mate announced.

Yunho snickered slightly.

"We don't have to do anything."

"True... But we are still sailors after all." Yunho said.

**                **

 


The rain had stopped and they could see their way around again.

Water was everywhere on the deck and it sparkled as the fluorescent moonlight shone on it, somehow making the deck really dazzling.

The rest of the sailors were at the mess hall having their dinner as usual and Yunho stayed on deck, admiring the 'view'.

"You really love the open don't you?" His dorm mate asked.

"You can say so....I've been an outdoor person ever since I was a kid."

"Ah..."

"Guard duty..." Yunho pointed out.

"Oh yeah... I'll be on the other side if you need me."

"Will do."

 

The wind was blowing gently against the vessel as it sailed. The night was cool and the sky was cleared up after the rain.

Yunho raised his head to look to the coal black night sky. He spotted a very familiar star alignment.

"Cassiopeia[1]~" He mused.

Other than the cool breeze, it was really quiet and serene.

Yunho sighed softly. It was a little to beautiful to behold. Somehow it seemed like a magical place.

 

He walked to the side of the post and bent over to look for his dorm mate.

"BoongHee! How's it...."

His dorm mate wasn't at his post. Instead, the latter stared walking towards the side of the deck.

"BoongHee!" Yunho shouted.

There was not reaction from him.

Feeling that something was amidst, Yunho scrambled down from his look out and ran to 'confront' his dorm mate who somehow was in a trance like state.

"Hyung!" Yunho said as he shook his dorm mate.

There was a big gust of wind and a silent song.

 


            *Don't.... be afraid~

                          Come now and don't be afraid...~~        Ah~~~~

                                         I'll give you bliss...~~*

 

"Boong Hee! Wake up!" Yunho shook him again as the song echoed through the rocks.

Finding that nothing was working, Yunho knocked his friend out and placed his down gently.

He spun around to pin point where the song was coming from. It was way too dark to see anything.

Grabbing a harpoon gun, he stood firm, waiting for what ever was out there.

The song abruptly stopped and he heard a screech.

Yunho covered his ears to prevent them from hurting.

The screech was so loud, it shattered the glass on deck.

"Ugh!" Yunho held his ears tightly.

The deafening noise stopped as abruptly as the song and there was another cold strong gust of wind.

This time, Yunho  heard flap of wings and a heavy 'thud' on the deck.

He duck for cover behind the mass and held his gun.

A huge bird like figure loomed over his unconscious dorm mate.

"Get away from him!" Yunho shouted as he jumped out from behind the structure.

The figure ignored him and bent down to pick up the sailor.

It seemed so easy, showing that it had enormous strength.

"Now!" Yunho repeated firmly.

This time round, the bird like figure turned around and stared straight at the armed sailor with its blood red eyes.

Yunho was slightly taken aback by its reaction but never-the-less, he stood his ground against the massive creature.

"Touch my friend again and i'll shoot!" He said through clenched teeth.

=====================================================================================================

Chapter 2 is done!

Comments pls!