[Illusions]

Song Of the Siren

Since ancient times, tales of beautiful creatures drawing sailors to their doom with song spread throughout the land of Greece. Creatures that possessed the features of a human but the killer instinct of a predator.....

====================================================================================================

**Brrp… Brrp**

A hand stretched out to shut off the alarm next to a bed.

“Yunho! You’re going to be late!” A female voice called from downstairs.

“5 more minutes…” He yawned.

A hand pulled him out of bed.

“Alright… I’m up already. Stop pulling me.” He moaned.

“It’s your 1st day in the Navy.  I don’t want you to be late.” She nagged.

The boy got changed and ran out of the house quickly hopping she wouldn’t nag anymore.

It was Yunho’s dream to go out to sea, to see the vast ocean and all its glory. A truck was waiting for him outside.

Hopping on, he waved goodbye to his mother and they rolled off into the distance.

 

As the truck neared the naval base, Yunho stared at the mega structure in awe. It was gigantic!

“JUNG YUNHO REPORTING FOR DUTY SIR!” He greeted.

Yunho was both excited and jumpy at the same time. Not knowing what he would encounter out there at sea.

“Get moving ladies!” The commander boomed.

“YES SIR!!”

As expected, the vessel was equally as big and commanded respect. It was thought to be virtually unsinkable.

========================================================================================

"Hey!" came a voice.

Yunho snapped out of his day dream.

"Uh?"

"You know you shouldn't be daydreaming on deck. Its against the rules."

"It is?"

"Nah... I'm just kidding ya. Hi~ My name is Lee Boong Hee. Nice to meet you and you are?"

"Yunho... Jung Yunho, but you can call me U-Know."

BoongHee gave Yunho a strange look.

"Why U- Know?"

"Everyone calles me that back home."

"Oh.. I see."

He gave the boy a pat to the back.

"I'll be in the bunkers if you need me."

Yunho nooded.

**Night Fell**

"Aw... man... Dinner was horrible.." Yunho complained.

"Tell me about it." his dorm mate replied.

Yunho stretched and sighed. He was relife to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. It was a way of getting away from it all.

"Wanna hear a story?" He's dorm mate asked out of the blue.

"Why all of a sudden?" Yunho asked.

"Since we have nothing much to do right now. Mind as well pass the time with a story huh..."

"Fine... What's it about?"

His dorm mate gave him a grin

"Siren..."

Yunho stared at his dorm mate blankly.

With out hesitating, his dorm mate started.


"You know why this place is called 'Siren's cove?"

"No.." Yunho answered sheepishly.

"Why?"

"Seriously man... You're not fun." Boong Hee sulked.

Non- the less the latter continued.

*A long time ago... Men used to treat this place as a spot for leisure and fun. However what they didn't know was what inhabited the cove.

One night a drunk sailor wondered too far away from his company not knowing his impending doom.......

Wondering into a cave, he sat down to compose himself to no avail.

In the darkness of the cave, he stumble upon a rock and fell awkardly.He heard a heavenly voice and then gust of cold air. The sailor crawlled up slowly to see a figure standing infront of him.

The figure screeched and the sailor fell back in shock. He started to shiver and shake as the figure closed on him.

Somehow he managed to tell the tale. Until now... the only thing that he remembered and saw were two blood red eyes staring at him.*

"So what did you think?" BoongHee asked.

"Uh.... There's no such thing as a Siren..." Yunho rebuted.

"I'm just playing withya'. I know there's no such thing."
"I'm going to sleep" Yunho yawned.

====================================================================================================

 

My 1st chapter is completed~ Do leave comments... and Cassiopeia AKTF!