Sister

Something Wicked This Way Comes

Hyo-yeon, Lay, Tao, Chanyeol and Jessica were all her house sitting quietly in the room watching the breaking news story on Joo-hyun’s kidnapping. They kept replaying the fact that it was same way her mother Lauren was taken only Lauren’s ending didn’t end so well. The police were on the search but all the clues they had was the security tape when she was taken at the police station. Hyo-yeon and Jessica were crying as the boys looked on with worried looks on their faces. Jessica stood up to go the kitchen get some water. Chanyeol followed. He watched her silently as she got the glass from the cabinet, opened the refrigerator but couldn’t open the water bottle. She got frustrated and threw it. She started pacing and running her hands through her hair.

“Jessica,”

“Don’t” she said firmly

“Jessica,”

“I said don’t. Don’t say it,”

“I wasn’t going to say anything but she’s going to be found,” he tried to hold her but she refused

“You don’t know that. We don’t know who would take her. Well I have a theory but I rather not say,”

“Who do you think took her?”

“Who else but her creepy “boyfriend”. He is obsessed with her. It makes sense,” she started crying, “She is the sweetest person I know. She would never say anything bad about anyone, even though I know a few people have said some pretty nasty things about her,” Chanyeol pulled Jessica to his chest and brushed her hair with his hands

“She is going to be found. You have to believe that. I do,” Jessica wrapped her arms around him and just cried

Hyo-yeon, Lay and Tao were looking at the footage they found at the police station and tried to ID the man.

“We aren’t detectives,” said Tao

“I know but the cops said that the guy is taller than Joo-hyun which you can definitely tell from the footage,” said Hyo-yeon

“It could be anyone,” he said

“I have someone in mind. Kris. He’s now on my list,” Lay angrily looked at his girlfriend

“I didn’t even know you had a list,”

“Why are you getting mad? All of Joo-hyun’s lovers are on my list. Are you kidding me? Kris seems a little unstable to me these days. He got into a fight with Kai,”

“That wasn’t his fault,”

“So he says,”

“Hyo-yeon!” he yelled

“Look I don’t like Kai either but any guy that’s involved with my friend from now on; I’m gonna be a little skeptic about. Call me the overprotective best friend but I love that girl and I want her home,” Lay eased off, “By the way, where is Kris? I haven’t seen him,”

“I don’t know,” Hyo-yeon’s ear perked up

“You’re his best friend and you don’t know his whereabouts,”

“Hmm,” said Tao

“What’s your problem?” asked Lay who got angry again

“I find that odd,”

“What’s so odd about it? He could be anywhere but just because he’s not here at this moment doesn’t mean he would kidnap her. He loves her and would never do anything to harm her,”

“I know he does but it’s just odd,”

“You don’t even know him,”

“I used to. I’m pretty sure he hasn’t changed that much from back in the day. Same temper and all I bet,” Hyo-yeon quickly looked at Tao

“What temper?”

“8th grade year Kris was different. We all still hung out but he was more angry and mysterious. He wasn’t that friendly kid I used to know. Something changed him. I don’t know what though,”

“Lay care to elaborate,” Hyo-yeon looked at her boyfriend who gave Tao a look like he wanted to kill him, “Are you hiding something from me?”

“Why would I?”

“Well you’re his best friend now. I’m sure you guys talk,”

“Yeah we talk,” he was avoiding the subject

“You are hiding something,”

“No,”

“Then tell me,” she stood up

“Look Kris was different. You know he was really working his relationship with his real mom even though he was living with the Hans but he still hated Kai’s Dad. He feels he was the reason his real Dad died,”

“Ok I would be mad about that too,” said Hyo-yeon, “But he was different in 8th grade. I mean if he were still mad that’s fine but you can’t really be really happy one year and then really mad the other. It doesn’t make sense Lay,”

“He found out something. Something about Lauren and Kai’s Dad’s affair,”

“So it’s true? They really had an affair,” Hyo-yeon was shocked

“She got the book from So-yi but we never got a chance to talk about it,” said Jessica who came out of nowhere

“That’s not all,” said Lay, “They supposedly had a child together,”

“What!” they all said

 

Kris stared at Joo-hyun as he fed her soup. He didn’t untie her though.

“You still have time to turn yourself in,”

“I won’t”

“You should,”

“Why?”

“This could end badly for you and God knows I have had enough of these killings. Stacy, Rachael, Baekhyun, Key, the Hans. How many more have to die,”

“That’s why I’m keeping you safe,”

“Kris you know what you’re doing is wrong right,”

“I do but this is the only way to keep you safe. I can’t lose you too. Losing my parents was hard enough,” he started crying, “I still love you. I do and I can’t bear to see you with Kai; even though I know it’s fake. I just can’t,”

“I’m sorry I make you worry so much,”

“It’s not just Kai I’m worried about either. Did you notice that way Suho was looking at you today. I have never seen him look like that before. I got sick to my stomach, made it seem like you were next on the list. So if you’re not at school, at home, the grocery store, the park or anywhere they can find you…then I would have a piece of mind,”

“You’re selfish because now all my loved ones don’t have a piece of mind. My dad already lost my mother. He can’t lose me too. Kris you have to let me go. I’m sure after this my father is definitely gonna get me bodyguards. So you won’t have to worry either,”

“I can’t take you back now. I’ll get arrested,”

“I can lie and say it wasn’t you,”

“They have footage,”

“So, they don’t know what happened after. I can say…I can say that I got here but when I woke up I was alone but because it was dark I didn’t want leave shelter. I don’t have to mention you at all. By morning I can be at home with my Dad. Please Kris. If you love me like you say you do, you have to do this,”

“My finger prints are all over this house,” he looked sad

“We’ll wipe down the house together. Please I beg you,” her voiced cracked and so did he.

Kris untied Joo-hyun. She looked at him but she didn’t see a monster. She saw a very scared, desperate young man looking for answers. She hugged him and kissed his forehead. She opened one of the dresser drawers and took out some clothes.

“Let’s get to work,” she said

It took them an hour to wipe down the house completely. They were in the last room when Kris found a piece of paper with writing on it.

“Are you finished? Kris,” she looked at his serious face and then at the paper he was holding, “What is that? A birth certificate?”

“It has your Mom’s name on it,”

“What!” she snatched it from him

Her Mom’s and Kai’s Dad’s name were signed on the piece of paper and there in black in white was the child’s name Kim Yoo Jung. Kai and Joo-hyun have a sister.

 Joo-hyun’s world was rocked to its very core and she didn’t know what to think now.

 

 

 

 

Enjoy!!!!!!!