Revelations

Something Wicked This Way Comes

Two weeks passed and things went somewhat back to normal. No killings had occurred and the police unfortunately didn’t have any leads. Joo-hyun’s father had come back from his business trip to find out about the attack on his daughter. He wasn’t too happy with the police. He claimed this is what happened with his wife. He tried to hire a bodyguard but Joo-hyun refused.

 Life at school was strange as well. Kris was still attached to Yuri’s hip. Kai was still giving Joo-hyun space; although every once in awhile you could catch him staring at her around the corners of the school. Jessica had had enough of Yuri’s crap so she adopted herself in Joo-hyun circle of friends which now consists of: Tao, Jessica, Hyo-yeon, Lay, and Chen. Chen was finally being released from the hospital soon. Chen and Joo-hyun had gotten pretty close those last few weeks. Every day she would visit him in the hospital. But today was extra special. He was about to unintentionally reveal a secret she never knew.

“Chen are you glad to be finally going home?” she touched his hand, he smiled

“Of course although I don’t have much of a family to go home to,”

“I’ll be your family. I feel as if we have gotten really close and plus I told my Dad you saved my life. He is really grateful,”

“Thanks,” he was blushing

“Which is why, my Dad has offered you a room in our house,”

“What!”

“You can move in with us. Since your grandmother is older and probably can’t help out as much, my Dad said you can move in with us until you get back on your feel,”

Chen was completely touched, “I don’t deserve this,”

“Stop talking nonsense,”

“You’re Dad is really cool then. I don’t know any fathers that would let a hormonal guy teenager move into their house with their beautiful daughter,” she laughed

“You’re sweet Chen,”

“And you’re beautiful,” he grabbed her hand and pulled her onto the bed

“Cool down cowboy,” they laughed

“How is everything else? Is Kris still ignoring you? Is Kai still stalking you?”

“Yes and yes but I guess I should get used to it. This is my life now and there’s nothing I can do about it,”

“Have you tried to talk to Kris?”

“Yea but he just blows me off. It’s like he’s a totally different person. It’s like I’ve never knew him,”

“He has done this before,”

“What do you mean?”

“Remember when you told me about Kai telling you that we all used to be friends?”

“Yea which I still can’t believe,”

“Well when you were in South Korean during our 8th grade year, Kris was a totally different kid. He was moody and distant. Sometimes he would have violent outburst but no one knew what was going on. I tried to ask Kai what was up with his brother…”

“WAIT, WHAT!”

“What?”

“You just said brother,”

“Yeah Kai and Kris are brothers. Well actually half brothers. They have the same mother,”

This was news to Joo-hyun. How could they have never told her? She felt like it was taboo or something. She felt a lot of things at once but the most she felt was hurt. Chen could tell by the look on her poor face, that she had no idea.

“They never told me. But how is that possible when I’ve met Kris’ parents,”

“I know we aren’t that close anymore, Kris and I but I swear to you. Those people aren’t Kris’ parents. Kai and Kris have the same mother and Kris’ father died in a car accident. His car drove off a cliff and he drowned,”

“OMG,” she started breathing heavy

“Are you ok?”

“Tell me everything,”

“Ok well Kris’ Mom and Dad were together for 4 years before they had Kris. Kris was born but shortly after Kris’ Dad was killed. Apparently rumor has it that Kai’s Dad had a thing for Kris’ Mom while Kris’s Dad and her were together, but then the accident happened and she married Kai’s Dad shortly after and had Kai,"

“Were Kris and Kai close growing up? Because I’ve known Kai since 1st grade and I have never known him and Kris to be related,”

“Well Kris didn’t get along with Kai’s Dad so he lived with other family members I guess during his young years. Anyways after you left for Korea, Kris moved back. During our time together as friends, we were all close. We did everything together until Kai’s Dad disappeared. It was really hard for the family including Kris. Their mother was depressed. She even tried to kill herself a few times. And that’s why that year of 8th grade, he was a different kid, really different. I’m surprised you never knew. How long were you guys dating?”

“Three years. When I came back from Korea and I started my 9th grade year, Kris took notice in me. He was this cute sophomore who was really friendly and sweet. I never once saw him and Kai together. They acted like they didn’t know each other and they still act like that,”

“Well that’s all I know. I’m sorry you had to find out this way,”

“It’s ok. You didn’t know,” she touched his hand again; “Well I’m going to let you get some sleep. You get discharged tomorrow,”

“I can’t wait to move into my new home. Thanks again,” he pulled her towards him and lightly kissed her cheek. She blushed and ruffled his hair

“Bye Chen,”

“Goodbye,”

As Joo-hyun was walking to her car, she was thinking about the revelation Chen revealed to her. Why did Kris and Kai lie about this the whole time? Why were they trying to hide it? Joo-hyun needed to get to the bottom of this so she decided she was going to talk to Kai. But would she get the answers she wanted or open old closed wounds of their past?

 

 

 

 

 

 

I know it's a short chapter but I really wanted to update. THANK YOU, THANK YOU for all the subscribers. It means the world!!!! I'm really glad you guys are enjoying the story. I have now decided who is going to live and who is sadly not going to make it. it was a VERY tough decisions. In my head the story is almost done, I just have to write it out. But it will get interesting.