The Crazy Plan

Something Wicked This Way Comes

The next day Joo-hyun was waiting at Starbucks for Kai. He was so excited when he got the phone call from her saying she wanted to talk to him. He thought it was the start of something more between them so he shaved his face and put on some nice clothes and met her there. When he arrived she was already waiting for him looking beautiful in a yellow a line dress with her hair long and wavy.

“I’m so glad you called,” he said with a smile and hugged her

“Hi Kai,” she simply said, they sat down, “How have you been?”

“Miserable. I’ve missed you. I see you’ve finally come around. Is my ban over?” he caressed her hand. Her eyes lazily went to his hand caressing hers and she smiled faintly removing her hands. He noticed and got tensed, “Did I do something wrong? I thought you called me so we can talk,”

“I did but not about that. Kai you’re a wonderful friend but I don’t feel that way about you especially now, I definitely can’t feel that way about you,” he eyes got dark and sad

“What are you talking about?”

“I know about you and Kris and frankly I’m at a loss for words,”

Kai got nervous and he started to sweat, “What about me and Kris?”

“Wow even to this very second you’re lying to me. It hurts Kai because I’ve known you longer and the fact that you never told me that you and Kris are brothers is appalling,” she was mad

“How the hell did you hear about that?” he was angry as well, “Who told you? Which 10 guys told?”

“Never mind who told me. How come you didn’t tell me?” Kai got up to leave without looking at her, “KAI!” she followed him out

Kai was thinking about who Joo-hyun had been hanging out with. There were 3 boys: Tao, Chen and Lay. It had to be one of them.

“Kai, where are you going?”

“Look I don’t want to talk about it. Respect my space, just like I had to respect yours,” he got into his car

“Are you freaking serious right now!” she yelled at him

“YES! Just for once mind your damn business,” Kai had never spoken to Joo-hyun like that before. As soon as he said it, he reminded her of Kris and how he has been recently acting towards her. Kai felt bad as soon as he yelled at her, “Look just leave this alone all right. If you know what’s best for you,”

“How is knowing that you two are related bad for me?”

“Just leave it alone. I have to go,”

Before he was able to pull off Joo-hyun got an idea.

“Kai look don’t leave. I’m sorry. Look I lied to you when I said I don’t have feelings for you. I only said that because I don’t want to get rejected again and the other reason is now that I know you and Kris are brothers I didn’t want to make the situation sticky between you. Look I promise I won’t tell anyone your secret. I swear. I just need someone right now…”Kai cut her off and quickly got out of the car embracing her

“Do you know how long I’ve waited to hear you say that?” he cupped her face and looked deep into her eyes, “So you want to be with me?”

Joo-hyun hates to have to lie to Kai but she had to get to the bottom of this. She knows Kai’s character. He’s warm, sweet, and clingy. She knows that he would pretty much not let her out of his sight. And that’s just what she wanted. He would open up to her, tell her things and this will also give her more access of his family. She felt rotten but she needed to know the truth. She needed to know what he was hiding.

“Yes I do,” he smiled and kissed her passionately

 “You won’t regret it. I promise,” he said

 

When Joo-hyun arrived home Chen and her father were setting up his room.

“Hey guys,” Chen smiled brightly at her

“Hey honey. How did you errand go?” asked her Dad

“Great. I got what I wanted,”

“Well I’m going to start dinner,” he father went downstairs

As soon as he left, Chen pulled Joo-hyun into a hug.

“You look so pretty today. And again thank you,”

“Thank you and you don’t have to keeping thanking us. We wanted to do it. Is everything to your liking?”

“Yes,” he looked into her eyes and just smiled. She smiled at him and then she quickly looked away with a troubled look on her face

“Chen I have to tell you something,”

“What?”

“You’re not gonna like it. In fact you might even hate me for it,”

“Please tell me, the suspense is killing me,”

“I’m Kai’s girlfriend,”

Chen’s sweet smile fell from his face and he looked devastated and hurt. He thought for sure she was developing feelings for him or it could have been guilt and pity. Chen turned from her when he felt tears in his eyes.

“Wow that’s great,” she turned him around and cupped his face

“Don’t lie to me. It’s not what you think,”

“What else could it be? He really likes you. You guys look great together,”

“I don’t like him like that,” Chen was confused, “I actually like someone else,” she looked down to the floor

“Joo-hyun quit it with the cryptic speak and just talk to me,”

“I feel bad for saying this out loud, heck I feel bad for even doing this to Kai but I’m using him,”

“Wow, that’s harsh,”

“I need to know the truth. The errand that I had today was to confront Kai about him and Kris being brothers. I did and he flipped out. He started yelling at me saying it wasn’t my business. And truthfully it isn’t but the way he responded was like he was hiding something,”

“So what you’re becoming his girlfriend to only investigate him,”

“Yea. Does that sound crazy?”

“Absolutely. Absolutely nuts. I told you to be careful around him. Something is going between him and Yuri and I don’t know what it is but I don’t like it. You’re walking right into the lion’s den. All because of something you think he’s hiding from you. Don’t be stupid,”

“I know it sounds crazy but I have to do this. Please back me up?”

“Well I’m not gonna let you go into this alone. I like you too much,” he grabbed her hand

“I like you too, a lot,” she wrapped her arms around him and buried her face in his neck. He could feel her breath on his neck which sent shivers down his spine. He pulled her back so he could look into her eyes. She looked at his lips as he looked at hers. She slowly nodded her head. Chen slowly closed the gap between them. His lips felt so smooth and safe. She really liked kissing Chen, as he liked kissing her. She opened so his tongue had full access. She bit down on his bottom lip causing him to moan. His hands had a tight grip on her waist and she played in his hair. The kiss lasted a few more seconds until they finally separated.

“I want…no I need for you to be extremely careful,” said Chen

“Are you going to be ok with this?”

“No I’m not but I know you probably won’t get any peace until you find out the truth,”

“Kids! Dinner is ready!”

“Coming Dad,”

Chen held her hand as they went down to have their first meal together.

Elsewhere Kai was on the phone.

“I have narrowed it down to 3 people. Tao, Chen and Lay,”

“Lay wouldn’t talk,” said the other person on the line

“How do you know?”

“Don’t mess with me. I know,”

“Tao would,”

“He’s not dumb. He has too much at stake,”

“So it was lover boy Chen. I know he has a huge crush on Joo-hyun,”

“Don’t do anything stupid,”

“I won’t. I have something to live for now. And she’s everything I need,” he hung up

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry for another short chapter but hey it's an update. I'm a little busy right now but I promise to make the next chapter extra long. When I first started writing this story the main love interest were going to be between Kris, Kai and Joo-hyun but then Chen suddenly messed up the list and now I can't get enough of him. He is sooooooo adorable. I had to make him more of a lead in this story. Hope you guys are still enjoying the story!