Trying to Figure it Out

Something Wicked This Way Comes

As soon as Joo-hyun walked into her house she was crushed by her father’s big arms wrapping around her in huge hug.

“Dad…”

“I’m losing my mind right now. If anything ever happened to you…”

“I’m fine,”

“Well I’m not. I’m a terrible father for letting that murderer in our home, I can’t even protect you. How is Jessica? How is her sister?” he dragged her to the living room

“How come all of sudden you are talking about Chen?”

“He was on the news today with connection with what happened tonight. How could l let him in this house?”

“Daddy, stop blaming yourself. We didn’t know. We were all tricked,” even though she told her father this, she truly believed that Chen didn’t kill Kris’ parents. She just needed proof.

“Kris and Kai called. They said they tried to call you but couldn’t,”

“My phone died. I will call them later. Hey Dad I’m really tired. I’m going to bed,”

“We have to have a talk first,” they sat on the couch

“What’s wrong?”

“I think we need to move,”

“Why?” she stood up quickly

“It’s not safe,”

“Daddy this is ridiculous. If we move that will solve nothing. All the people that I love live here. I would not feel comfortable leaving them in this mess. I know you are scared but you must be strong. We have to be strong together. What would mom say if she knew you were doing this?” he thought for a second and started crying.

Joo-hyun’s heart was conflicted. She understood where her Dad was coming from. She loved him. He was all she had left and she understood he was all she had left. They needed to stick this out. She needed to quickly find the answers behind these killings.

She made her way up to her room exhausted. She was about to turn out the lights when she remember the book. She took it out and examined it. She was only going to read the 1st chapters then go to bed but curiosity got the best of her and she quickly skimmed through the chapters. She realized she couldn’t put the book down, she read it in its entirety.

 

The next morning Joo-hyun went to school tired, angry, hurt, sad, shocked and but most importantly she was now afraid. Before all this she never once thought her life was in danger but she just witnessed a murder scene. She saw what it did to her friends. She also knew the truth about her mother and Kai’s father. They were lovers. They were lovers for a long time, even after she married her father; she kept her relationship with Kai’s father. She couldn’t confront her Dad about it because he would probably be heartbroken if he knew she finally knew the truth. She closed her eyes as tears fell down her face. Suddenly she engulfed by a strong body.

“I can’t believe he is gone,” said Kai

Joo-hyun didn’t respond but just held Kai. She didn’t really feel sorry for Baekhyun but she did feel bad for Kai because he lost one of his friends. She hugged him tight and wiped her tears.

“Don’t cry,” he smiled at her

Kids were outside the school with candle vigils of Byun Baekhyun. Tiffany was seen crying uncontrollable on Sooyoung’s shoulders. Many of his sports friends were sadden by his death. Joo-hyun looked around for Suho and Luhan. She didn’t have to look far for they suddenly appeared in her vision. They didn’t have any kind of facial expression. Joo-hyun looked deeply into Luhan’s eyes but he looked away and Suho just stared her down.

“I’m not crying for him. I’m sorry you lost your friend but he killed Key and attacked Krystal and Luna. I’m having a hard time crying over him when he did those horrible things,” Kai got angry

“You think he planned this. You think he wanted to attack them?” she got angry

“I know he was your friend and you want to defend him but it’s not like anyone was holding a gun to his head telling him to do those things. I was there when they found poor sweet innocent Key stabbed multiple times on Luna’s front porch. Luna had a large gash on her arm and have you seen Krystal’s face. I mean really. How can you do that to people!” she yelled at him and went into the building running into a worried Hyo-yeon, Kris and Lay.

“Joo-hyun,” Hyo-yeon hugged her friend, Kai wasn’t finished with her

“Why can’t you comfort me though? You were there for Kris! I’m your boyfriend and I’m hurting but you just can’t be there for me,” he was crying and she felt bad

“I’m sorry Kai,”

“You’re not sorry. You’re selfish,” he walked away from her

She looked at Suho who smirked at her and Luhan who looked sad at her. Joo-hyun turned her back on them and let out a frustrated scream as she frantically ruffled her hair.

“Hey talk to me,”

“I’m so mad. So much has happened and I can’t fix it,”

“You’re not God,” said Kris as he held her in his arms

“Kai is right. I’m selfish. Like mother, like daughter I guess,”

“What are you talking about?” asked Hyo-yeon

“I found about my mother and Kai’s Dad. They were lovers for a very long time. There is even a rumor of them having a child together,” Kris got tense and angry

“How the hell did you hear about that?”

“That book that So-yi wrote a few years ago,”

“That’s tabloid crap. Why are you reading that?”

“There were pictures and police reports and proof. Look I tried to ask my Dad and he shut me down…”

“Why are you poking your nose in the past? The present is pretty screwed up now. Why do you want to add more drama to your life?”

“Because it’s about my life. She was mother and I have a right to know Kris. Why are you so against this? Do you know something about my mother that you’re not telling me?”

“I never met your mother so how would I know?”

“I don’t know? Why are you so tense? What are you hiding?”

“Nothing,” he was angry, “I would never hurt you or keep the truth from you,”

“Right like you told me that you and Kai were brothers, right?” she was frustrated and Hyo-yeon could tell

“Hey why don’t we go to class,” she pulled her friend away from Kris and kissed Lay who hugged her tight

The rest of the day was a blur. Kai was avoiding Joo-hyun and Joo-hyun was avoiding Kris and Jessica who arrived to school late was following close to Hyo-yeon and Joo-hyun.

“How is your sister?” Hyo-yeon asked Jessica when they were at lunch

“Her face is really swollen. She decided to not come to school today which I’m fine with. My parents are on their way home early. They are not pleased,”

“My Dad wasn’t happy either. He even tried to talk me into moving,” said Joo-hyun

“Man if you leave I think Kris and Kai will have a heart attack,” said Lay

“I can’t leave you guys behind,”

Elsewhere Kai, Suho and Luhan were having a heated conversation.

“Look this has to stop,” Kai was crying

“Why the hell are you crying? Get it together and man up,” said a angry Suho

“Don’t you care that Baekhyun is dead,”

“Yea Suho this wasn’t supposed to happen,” said Luhan

“I didn’t tell him to go after Jessica’s little sister though. I have no control over what you guys do when I’m not even there,” he was somewhat calm, “We were told to scare Jessica’s sister not kill Key and injury Luna and Krystal,”

“Look I’m done! I’m done,” said Kai

“Not so fast Kai. We are in this deep. We just need to cover our tracks better and get some reinforcements. And I know just the guys,” said Suho

 

Back in the cafeteria the girls were continuing their conversation when Joo-hyun remembered she needed to go to the police station after school. She slammed her sandwich on the table and frowned.

“What’s wrong?” asked Lay

“I have to go the police station today,”

“Why?” asked Jessica

“Questioning,”

“You have nothing to do with this,” said Hyo-yeon

“The detective said I’m attached to too many people involved in these killings. I think he’s grasping at straws but he needs answers and plus I haven’t seen Chen and I need to talk to him,”

“Why the hell do you need to talk to him?” asked a angry Kris

“Kris,” Joo-hyun stood up

“Answer me, why do you need to talk to him?”

“I need to see how he’s doing and if he needs anything,”

“What?”

“Well he was living with us. We broke up so you didn’t know but after he got out of the hospital he moved in with us,”

“How could you let that murderous bastard live in your house,”

Joo-hyun didn’t want the entire school knowing their business so she pulled him into the hallway.

“We didn’t know he was going to kill your parents and I still don’t know if he really did it,”

Kris grabbed Joo-hyun and shook her, “Are you high! How could you say that?”

“It’s totally out of character! He had never shown any signs of violence…”

“They never do! It’s always the ones you least expect!”

“Just like you, I think he was set up,” she was desperately trying to explain it to him but he wasn’t listening

“There is evidence, isn’t that good enough. Why do you care so much about him? What are you not telling me?”

“Me and Chen are together,” Joo-hyun had to finally fess up the truth to Kris

“You’re dating him,” he whispered and she could tell he was going to explode

“Yes,”

“I thought you were with Kai,”

“I’m pretending to be with Kai so I can get some answers about these killings. I convinced Chen to go along with it. At first he was cool and then he got jealous and stormed out the house. That was the night your parents were killed. It doesn’t make any sense, why would he go after your parents. He didn’t know them…”

“You’re not detective. You’re playing with fire, do you know that. Lying to Kai, are you crazy?”

“Yes maybe I am,” she was crying

“If the cops can’t figure it out themselves what makes you think you can?”

“I have to try,”

“You’re going to get yourself killed,” he grabbed her again, “You have to stop this right now, Joo-hyun. I will not turn on the news and here about your death. You have to stop,” he tightened his grip

“Kris you’re hurting me,” she whimpered

“You have to promise me you’ll stop,”

“Kris let go,”

“HEY! Get the hell away from my girlfriend,” Kai came out of nowhere and punched Kris in the face

Kris had had enough of Kai. He took a swing at him and his large hands landed on his jaw. Kai fell back but quickly got up and lunged at Kris.

“STOP you two, stop,” she tried to break it up but couldn’t

Finally Suho and Luhan broke the boys up. Kai and Kris put up a good fight; both were bloodied and bruised.

“You stay the hell away from Joo-hyun, you hear me. She is not your concern many more,”

“She’s not your concern either,”

“What the hell does that mean,” Kai got in Kris’ face

“Back the hell up,” he shoved him and that almost started another fight, Suho and Luhan broke it up once again. Kris shoved Suho off of him and gave the evilest look to Kai before turning to Joo-hyun, “Stop this right now before it’s too late,” he walked away from her

Kai looked at Joo-hyun, grabbed her and held her tight.

“I cannot and will not lose you. I love you too much. Look I’m sorry for whatever I’ve done. I will try to be a better boyfriend, I promise,” Joo-hyun held onto Kai then she looked at Suho and had the most hateful expression his face. He turned and walked away from the couple

“I am sorry you lost your friend,” she hugged him

“What was Kris talking about though? Stop what?”

“He knows how I want to try and fix everyone’s problems but some things I can’t fix,”

“I don’t want you anywhere near these killings. I need you to call me every time to leave school and get home. I need to know that you are safe,”

“Ok,” she smiled weakly at him

 

Later that day

Joo-hyun arrived at the police station right after school. She waited for Seung-ho but he just so happened to not be there at the moment. It was fine with her; she wanted to talk to Chen. She waited in the small room with the guard outside. Suddenly the door opened to reveal a disheveled bruised Chen. His eyes light up the moment he saw Chen. He went to hug her but the guard yelled at him.

“I can’t touch you,” he smiled

“I’m sorry, I haven’t seen you since it happened,”

“I figured your Dad would forbid it anyways. How have you been?”

“So much has happened. I guess you have heard about Baekhyun,”

“Yea and Jessica, Chanyeol and everybody else. You must have been so scared,”

“I was and I am,” she started crying, “I told Kris about us today. He was furious and didn’t understand and I don’t understand. Please tell me you didn’t kill his parents. Please because that would make feel so much better,” she pleaded with him

“At first I wasn’t sure. At first I thought I did it but then I started having these dreams and then it all came back to me at once. I was drugged and I was set up. I didn’t know what I was doing,” he started crying, “You have to believe me. I’m not a murderer,”

“I believe you,”

“You have to promise me something else,”

“What?”

“You have to break up with Kai and stay as far away from him and his friends as possible. This is not a game anymore. You have to break up with him tonight. It’s not safe for you and it’s not over. Not by a long shot,” the guards hauled Chen back to his cell

Seung-ho still wasn’t back when Joo-hyun left but she left him a note on his desk. She had loads to think about. It was dark by the time she left the station and because she was so focused on what Kris warned her and what Chen had told her wasn’t looking at her surroundings. Suddenly a pair of strong hands grabbed her and put a cloth over . She tried to struggle free but the person was too strong for her. Blackness soon overtook her.

 

 

Here is the update I promised. Hope you enjoy and hopefully there won't be long breaks in between anymore. The story I believe is wrapping up. A few more people have to die but I believe it won't be any of you guys' favorites...I think=)