The Truth

Something Wicked This Way Comes

Hyo-yeon felt water coming down her hand. She knew it was Joo-hyun’s tears. Hyo-yeon was crutched down behind the island in the kitchen with Joo-hyun in front of her. They were mourning their dear friend Jessica. They cried together quietly for what felt like eternity. Finally Hyo-yeon removed her hand and whispered in Joo-hyun’s ear.

 

“It happened so fast. Xiumin came home and went after her. Tao fought him off but it was too late,”

“What happened?”

“Well we all came over and Jessica wanted to wash up so Tao took her upstairs and showed her the bathroom. I went with them while Lay and Kris were waiting downstairs in the basement den. While she was showering Tao and I were in his room talking. Xiumin did come home but we didn’t pay him any mind and he didn’t pay us any mind. The shower watch cut off and we heard Jessica getting dressed and then we heard a loud scream and her struggling. We ran out to find him stabbing her in the chest and twisting the knife. I freaked out and Tao told me to run. I shouldn’t have left her but I was so scared. I ran to the den to find the boys but they were gone. I still don’t know where they are. I hid in the downstairs closet while I heard Tao and Xiumin fighting and then Tao fell down the stairs. Xiumin didn’t come after him for some reason. I saw through the crack in the closet, Tao drag himself in another room. I was so scared to come out. I feel terrible and then I heard a thumping noise. Xiumin was dragging Jessica’s body down the stairs and he left her in the family room and then left the house,” Hyo-yeon and Joo-hyun’s tears were nonstop now, “Chanyeol just got better. What am I going to tell him? What am I going to tell Krystal?”

Joo-hyun was about to answer when they heard the door open. Suho and Kai had arrived.

“Gosh Xiumin can never do I clean job. When he killed Stacy he was this messy. Well she got what she deserved. She thought she was above everything. Ice Queen Jessica, well look who’s laughing now,” Suho patted Kai’s back but he shrugged him off

“Haven’t you had enough bloodshed? Was it really necessary to kill her?”

“Stop being a damn baby. You are starting to sound like Luhan. Look if she hears you talking like this you’re not going to get your share of the money,”

“I don’t care about the damn money anymore. Too many people are dying. Too many people are figuring us out. It’s all over now,”

“Yes so you finally admit that your girlfriend sold us out. Congratulations,”

“No she wouldn’t….”

“Yes she would and she has. When I get my hands on her I will make her tell you the truth,”

“You lay a finger on her and I will…”

“What are you going to do; besides her fate isn’t up to us. It’s up to her,”

Another person came into the house.

“You boys talking about me?”

 

Hyo-yeon and Joo-hyun were floored about the voice they heard. It was Yu-ri Kwon.

“I think Kai is going soft,” said Suho

Yuri examined Kai’s demure and she could totally see him withering. This wasn’t good but then again she really had no use for him anymore. Plans change all the time and Kai’s fate rested solely on him.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you. Don’t want to end up like Luhan, Baekhyun,” she said

“Don’t act like you care about them now,” he hissed at her

“I care about all my boys. It would have been nice to get all 12 of you on my side. But people are allowed to make their own choices,” she looked towards the family room and saw Jessica’s body, “I really did like Jessica until she turned her back on me. Wow Xiumin really did a number on her,” she flipped her hair and looked down on the ground, “Well what do we have here. Whose cell phone is this?”

“It isn’t mine,” said Suho

Yuri turned it on and smiled when she realize who it belonged to.

“It’s Hyo-yeon’s phone. They must be here somewhere hiding,” she looked at her text messages,  “She sent Joo-hyun a text message,”

“What did she say?”

 

WHERE ARE YOU? COME QUICKLY. I REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT LUHAN WROTE IN HIS LETTER

 

Yuri’s face turned dark. Luhan had written Joo-hyun a letter. Did he sell her out before ending his life.

“He betrayed us then killed himself. What a punk,” said Suho

“Well this is a turn of events,” she smirked

“Well what do we have here,” said Lay

Lay and Kris were behind Joo-hyun and Hyo-yeon. The girls didn’t notice the boys because they were looking at Yuri and the boys.

“What is it Lay?” Yuri asked him

Kris and Lay grabbed both Hyo-yeon and Joo-hyun. The girls looked at the boys in horror. They were on Yuri’s side this whole time. Joo-hyun felt so betrayed by Kris. She thought he loved her and wanted to protect her but all he wanted was to cause her pain. Hyo-yeon couldn’t believe Lay would do this to her. She put so much trust in him. She had fallen in love with him and now that was all over.

“Welcome ladies. Follow me to the family room,” Yuri smiled as they all went into the family room

Jessica’s body was on full display now and the girls felt sick to their stomachs as they saw how Xiumin treated their friend.

“Messy isn’t it but it was meant to be,”

“HOW COULD YOU! You’re sick!” yelled Joo-hyun

“Yes I know I am but you just make it so easy for me Joo-hyun. I was going to lure you here but now I don’t have to. Are you surprised? Kris and Lay were on my side the whole time. It’s sad really. You thought you were going to play Kai but Kris ended up playing you,” she laughed

“So you are behind all these killings?” Hyo-yeon was angry

“I am the mastermind but I couldn’t do it all by myself. The boys are very resourceful,”

“Why?” asked Joo-hyun

“Revenge. Revenge will drive anyone to do anything,”

“Revenge against who?”

“Revenge against you,” she folded her arms and got real close to her face, “You don’t know do you?”

“Know what?”

“Take a good look at me Joo-hyun. What do you see?” Joo-hyun was confused. She didn’t know what Yuri was talking about, “I can tell by your expression you’re confused so I’m just going to tell you. The reason I did all of this was because I wanted revenge against my mother, my father. They had me, hide me and gave me away without looking back. I was raised by my aunt, his sister and when I was old enough she told me the truth. The truth hurts. The truth . My mother moved on with her life. She finally decided to be with her husband, a man who wasn’t my father and they decided to have a baby. A girl. She was everything they wanted. They loved her; doted on her and she forgot about me. That baby was you, Joo-hyun,”

“What?” Hyo-yeon was shocked as well and so was Kai who didn’t know the truth himself

“Yes I’m your sister, Kim Yoo Jung,”