When Will It End

Something Wicked This Way Comes

Yoona couldn’t process what was happening. The man she loved; the man she was going to marry; the man she wanted to have her children with was dead. He committed an act she never thought he would ever do. She thought suicide was selfish and the worst way to go. She was shaking. Luhan hung himself. He was hanging there for the world to see. She had to cut him down. Her tears were blurring her vision as she went into the kitchen and got the butcher knife. She had to free him from this pain. This was the last good thing she could do for him. As she climbed the stairs with anguish running through her body she cut the rope and a loud thud was heard. She walked slowly down the stairs as she dropped the knife and held Luhan tightly in her arms. She just wept.

“What am I supposed to tell everyone Luhan? Why did you do this? Why? I love you. Wasn’t that enough,” then it dawned on her

Luhan’s guilt was eating him alive. While at Kai’s party Luhan drunk so much alcohol that he told her everything. He told her all the terrible things he had done but he felt remorse as well. He was so frightened to come forward with the truth and being that Yoona loved him so she kept shut. She knew it was wrong but she didn’t want him to go to prison.

“Is that why you killed yourself? You couldn’t take it anymore,” she kissed his face and called the cops

Joo-hyun was still with Seung Ho and Layla when they got the call about Luhan.

“When will all this end. These kids,” Seung Ho hung up the phone

“What’s wrong?” Joo-hyun got concerned

“Nothing you need to worry about. You should go home and I will call you with an update,” he wanted to avoid telling her because it would cause her pain

“You said these kids so I’m assuming you are referring to what’s happening with the killings. What happened? Who is hurt? Is it someone I know,” she got teary eyed again and it broke Seung Ho’s heart. Joo-hyun reminded him a lot of his little sister. They even favored one another

“Arthur can Joo-hyun to her car,” he gently pushed her towards the cop but Joo-hyun refused

“JUST TELL ME!” she cried

Seung Ho instantly wrapped Joo-hyun in a hug as she cried.

“Is it Kai? Kris? Jessica? Please tell me. I won’t be able to sleep,”

“Arthur please,” Arthur pulled Joo-hyun away from Seung Ho as he and Layla left the precinct

Arthur led Joo-hyun to her car where Paul waited for her.

“You should take her home,”

“Come on Joo-hyun. We will get your car in the morning,”

 

Joo-hyun was distraught. Another one of her friends could be dead and she didn’t know who. No one had called her yet so the not knowing was killing her. The other thing that was killing her was now she knew the truth. Kai was behind the killing or he helped set them in motion but why? Why did frame Chen. She knew they weren’t friends but did he hate Chen that much to set him up.

“When you get home you should take a nice long bath,”

“I don’t want a bath. I want to know who is dead. Please can we….”

“No Joo-hyun. Now I have to put my foot down. Your father is on a business trip that he couldn’t avoid so he put us in charge of you. I will not let anything happen to you. You are going to go home and take a bath, eat something and not worry about these killings,”

When they got home Randy was already there and he held a letter with her name on it.

“I found this when I got home,” he handed it to her

Joo-hyun went up to her room and opened the package. It was from Luhan and the containments were startling. At the end of the letter he wrote:

And I can rest in peace. Her eyes bulged and she was shaking. What did he mean by that? Suddenly her cell phone rang. It was Kai.

“Hello?”

“What’s wrong with you? You sound terrible. Where are you?” he asked

“At home. What is wrong?”

“It’s Luhan. He’s dead,” silence

“What happened?” she finally asked after 2 minutes of silence

“He killed himself. Yoona found him hanging on the banister. She is a total mess,”

Joo-hyun fell to her knees and cried. Luhan had left her vital and heart shattering information and he killed himself. She knew all the horrible things he did but he just gave her the evidence to put Kai and Suho away.

“I didn’t know he meant that much to you. You’re crying,” Kai was stunned

“I’m crying because it was pointless. Another life is gone because for whatever reason Luhan couldn’t face whatever problems he had. It’s sad. That’s why I’m crying,”

“Dry your tears. It breaks my heart. Luhan was one of my great friends. We knew each for a long time. I’m going to miss him,”

Kai and Suho were at Luhan’s house with his parents, Yoona, the cops and the ambulance who took the body. Seung Ho and Layla were going to take Suho and Kai in for questioning. Suho thought something was suspension about that but he had nothing to hide. If there was anyone who would tell the cops everything it would be Luhan and he was dead. It was sad but he was somewhat relieved that Luhan took the secret to the grave.

Kai and Suho followed Seung Ho and Layla to the police station.

“You seem chipper,” Kai was pissed Suho was smiling

“What? I can’t smile?”

“Are friend is dead and you’re smiling. What the hell is wrong with you?”

“Dude chill. It’s all over. If there was anyone who would crack in an interrogation room it was Luhan. I always knew he was a softy,”

“So what are you saying? You’re happy he is dead?”

“Of course not. I didn’t want him to do that but I didn’t make him commit suicide either. I’m not going to say anything to incriminate myself and I know you won’t say anything right?” Kai didn’t answer, “I thought so. The cops have nothing on us and even if they did they couldn’t use it against us anyways,”

“What are you talking about?”

“Nothing,”

 

Joo-hyun was super depressed at this point. She had to go to the police with her newfound information but Paul and Randy would have none of it. Her phone ranged.

“Hyo-yeon?”

“Chanyeol is going to be just fine. It’s a miracle. Why do you sound like that?”

“Luhan is dead. He committed suicide,” silence

“Wow I don’t know what to say. Do you know why?”

“He gave me a letter before he died. It’s intense. I have to tell you in person,”

“Well come to Tao’s house. We are all going to be over there well except for DO and Sehun. They decided to stay at the hospital with the Park family,”

“I can’t. My bodyguards have me on lock tonight,”

“Sneak out of the window, duh,” she hung up the phone

Joo-hyun crept downstairs to find Randy and Paul on the couch watching TV and eating dinner. She went back upstairs. She opened her window which was on the second story of the house and climbed out by using the big tree by her window. Tao’s house wasn’t that far from hers so she didn’t mind walking. She needed to clear her head anyways.

 

BACK AT THE POLICE STATION

 

“So what’s this all about officer?” Suho was cocky

“You don’t seem upset your friend is dead?” Seung Ho asked

“Well Luhan had a lot of problems. Was that the way to solve them? I don’t know but at least he is at peace,”

“Why do you think he did it? Why would he resort to killing himself to get peace? Surly you two must know something. People say you three were like the Musketeers. You guys did everything together. Am I right?”

“Yea we were close. We were like brothers but sometimes you don’t know you’re brother that well. But I can say Luhan was depressed but he tried to hide it from us. I tried to help him officer, honest,” Suho was still acting smug while Kai sat motionless

Seung Ho turned his attention to Kai, “You have anything to say Kim Jong In?”

“No,”

“Shocking,”

“Look man we have places to be, girlfriends to do,” he chuckled and Seung Ho frowned

“Mr. Popular huh. I understand. You have an image to uphold. People to please. It’s a lot of pressure being a teen. I was one myself a long time ago so I know what it’s like. Your friends expect a lot from you. Sometimes they even coax you into doing things you don’t want to do,” Kai felt like Seung Ho was talking directly to him, “You might do it and then regret it and you may want out. You know confession is like a release. It can take that million ton weight right off your shoulders,”

“I didn’t realize I signed up for therapy, haha. Man your full of it. Are you trying to guilt us into something we didn’t do? Check our records, they are clean so save your words,” Suho stood up. “Come on Kai,”

“I’m sure you have family and friends who care about you, right Kai. You love Joo-hyun,” Kai quickly faced him

“How do you know her?”

“She’s connected with a lot of people I know so our paths cross often. I know she cares for you,”

“Yea right,” said Suho, “Look man we don’t have time for this Oprah moment. Like I said before, you have nothing on us to put those murders on us. I know that’s what you’re trying to do. You’re at your last resort and your grasping at straws and doing a terrible job at it. Innocent until proven guilty,” he finally dragged Kai out of there. He was angry, “Your bloody girlfriend is so dead,”

“Shut the hell up!” Kai shoved him who was laughing like a mad man now

“She went to the cops tonight with her “evidence”. Like I’m going to believe her and that cop are Facebook buddies. She ratted us out,”

“I told you she wouldn’t do that!”

“Then why is the needle missing from your room. I didn’t take it. She was in your closet; she took it and gave it to the cops. Do you want to go to prison for life?”

“No,”

“We have to end this tonight. Come on we have to go to Xiumin’s house,”

 

Joo-hyun walked for about 7 blocks when she finally reached Tao and Xiumin’s house. The place was huge. She never understood rich people owning huge homes when there were only 4 people living in it. Hyo-yeon and Kris’ car were in the parking lot. But as she walked up to the door she got an eerie feeling in the pit of her stomach. She stopped walking to calm her nerves down. She walked slowly and quietly onto the porch and for some reason didn’t ring the doorbell. She turned the knob instead. The door was unlocked. Maybe they left it open for her but with everything going on she have thought people were more careful.

As she opened the door went open to scream but no sound came out. A hand quickly covered and dragged her from the door to the kitchen.

 

 

 

2 more chapters and the story is complete. I know the ending. I think you all will like it or not, hehe. I don't know. I just have to type it out. So hopefully sometime next week or even this weekend.