Keeping You Safe

Something Wicked This Way Comes

Joo-hyun was slowing gaining consciousness. Her vision was blurry but she could somewhat see in the dark room. There was a table, a drawer, a bed and a mirror. Not much to look at though. It was dark and somewhat dirty but it smelled like a damp rain had come through and it was muggy inside the room. She tried to move but was tied up by her hands and feet; she was on the bed. As a way to torture her she found a knife on the night stand next to the bed. She moved her body close to knife trying to grab but being face down on the bed it was difficult to sit up. She thought she would roll but she rolled too much and fell face flat on the floor. She not only was in pain but she felt like an idiot. She suddenly heard footsteps. She got nervous and her heartbeat started pounding profusely against her chest. She felt a pair of strong arms lift her up and she finally faced her capturer.

“Omg, it’s you!”

 

Min-soo was frantic. He called all her friends but none of them had seen or heard from Joo-hyun in hours. They all told him that she had to go to the police station after school for questioning but that was 2 hours ago. She was supposed to come back home right after that. Min-soo was sick to his stomach. It was just like last time. He lost his wife in a similar situation.

 

FLASHBACK

“Lauren, please answer your phone,” Min-soo couldn’t reach his wife.

“Daddy is mommy home yet?” a tired Joo-hyun emerged from her room

“No, honey but mommy will be home soon. Why are you up?”

“I couldn’t sleep,” she smiled weakly at him and sat on his bed, snuggling up to him, “Why don’t you call Kai,”

“Huh?”

“I heard her talking on her phone earlier today saying she had to meet with Kai’s Dad,”

“Did she say where she was going?”

“Something about hiking. I know they are shooting the movie up in the woods somewhere but I don’t know where. But that was 7 hours ago and she should have been home by now,” she looked worried

“Don’t worry, sweetie. I’m sure your mother is just fine. Why don’t you sleep here and i will call him and see what is up,” he left his daughter because he didn’t want her to see his angry face. So it was true. Lauren was having an affair. She denied it and denied it to him so many times. She kept telling him that she loved him but really she wanted to be with Kai’s Dad and what’s worst they had their own secret hideout. He was about to call the police when someone rang his doorbell. Min-soo opened the door and realized from then one nothing will ever be the same.

“Min-soo Seo,”

“Yes?”

“I’m sorry to have to tell you this but we found the body of your wife,”

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

Min-soo broke down. He could not lose his only child. Yes he was still hurting somewhat about his wife’s affair and brutal death. They never did find the killer and the fact that Kai’s Dad disappeared shortly after did ease his pain either. He called the police.

 

“I have to protect you. You never listen,” he moved his hands through his hair, he then gently placed her on the bed as he sat down in front of her looking distressed

“You have to let me go. Is it late. My Dad is probably losing his mind right now,”

“I know he is but I have to keep you safe. He will thank me in the long run. He does like me more than Chen right now and I’m sure he never liked Kai because of you guy’s history,”

“Trust me he won’t thank you when he realizes you have kidnapped me Kris. You have to let me go,”

“Shut up,” he said angrily at her, she quickly closed and looked around the dimly lit room

“Do you recognize this place?”

“How the hell would I know?”

“You’re probably right. Your Dad was really good at sheltering you from the truth back then, and sending you all the way to Korea to keep you from seeing the truth was a little extreme…”

“What is your point?”

“I’m just surprised that you don’t remember this place, since you just read about it,”

Suddenly that same suffocating feeling of dread and fear swept over her entire body sending deathly shivers down her spine. Kris noticed her quietness and looked at her intensely. He nodded acknowledging sensing that she now finally remembered this place.

“Why the hell would you bring me here? This is where my mother was killed,” she screamed at him

“I’m sorry,”

“You’re dumb too because once my Dad calls the cops, this is the first place they will probably look,”

“Then I will move you. I have to keep you out of harms reach until all of this is over,”

“Please Kris, I promise I won’t…”

“I can’t trust you. You’ve lied to me and what’s worse is that you’re lying to Kai. Do you honestly think he will let you off once he finds out you were using him to get info on him? He will be devastated and he will find a way to release his anger. And my gut is telling me, you will be first on his list,”

“Kris…”

“Shh,” he placed his finger on her lips as tears came down her face, “Sleep for the night. We will talk more in the morning,”

 

 

 

 

 

This was a very short chapter but I wanted to update. alot of you thought it would be Suho....but it wasn't. I want to let you guys know that Kris really loves Joo-hyun. He feels that she is the only family he has left. And with him grieving for his parents, he isn't thinking clearly. I just want to let you guys know that he won't hurt her, in his mind he is really protecting her even though it's not the way to go about things. More craziness to come.