When were you ever my neighbor?!

Behind the Mask

 

----------

*So she’s the girl Baekhyun has been talking about. Isn’t this little too dangerous for her to be alone without back up?* Chanyeol lifted you up bridal style and left the warehouse. He brought you across the street and laid you underneath a tree.

Chanyeol watched as you just sat there without movement. *What kind of spy are you?* He was curious. Curious of where you were from, who you really were, and how you looked like underneath that mask. So he bent over in front of you and moved his hand to the tip of your mask.

*Oh my god- Why does my head hurt so in’ much?!* That was the first thing you wanted to know once you were on conscious again. Your eyes slowly fluttered open to see a person in front of you, trying to pull off your mask.  “YOU AGAIN?! What the hell do you think you’re doing?!” You kicked him and he fell back onto his . “Don’t tell me you were trying to remove my mask.”

“No-nothing.” He cleared his voice. “I wasn’t doing anything to you.” He stood up and looked away. “And what do you mean ‘again’? This is my first time I’ve ever met you in anyway.”

“You mean you’re not the guy who-“ You took a look at him. He was much taller and his voice was way deeper than the guy from before. “Whatever. Doesn’t matter anyways.” You tried to stand but the sharp pain in your head prevented you. You had your head down with both your hands on top of your head. “Does it hurt a lot?” he asked.

“What’s it to you?” you shot back at him.

“Hey, is that what you say to someone who just saved your back there?”

The memory of someone punching the men went through your head. “That was you?” He nodded. “I didn’t need your help,” you scoffed.

“Yeah right, if it weren’t for me, you’d probably be locked up in a room as hostage,” he replied.

“Just leave me alone and go,” You shook your head and placed your head on the trunk of the tree to rest your head. Chanyeol went and sat next to you.

“What do you think you’re doing? I told you to leave,” you said.

“I’m taking a rest,” he replied. “Don’t you a least want some company?”

“No,” you blankly said.

“Are you always this rude to people you meet on missions?” he asked.

“For your information, I don’t usually meet other spies. I don’t know why you and that other guy just appeared out of nowhere stealing our work!”

“It’s not like it was our choice,” he said. “But whatever happens, it’s because of fate. And maybe it’s trying to tell us something. Maybe we were meant to meet.”

*This guy is deep, but what is this crap coming out of his mouth.* you thought. “Then I hope fate has it for us to never meet agai-“

“~~~~~~~!!” The two of you looks towards the direction your name came from.

“~~~~~~~! Where have you been?!” Amber and Krystal were in their disguises and were running towards you. “We were calling and texting you for the past hour. We were worried some happened to you.”

You turned around to Chanyeol. “Do- Wait, where’d he go?” You looked the street but he was nowhere to be found.

“Where did who go?” Krystal asked. Amber and Krystal both looked at each other. “Tell us what happened.” You explained to them the whole situation of how you were knocked out and how a guy saved you from them. “Okay, now I’m really curious of whom the guy is,” Krystal said.

“Let’s go. It’s getting really late and you need to get some rest.” The two of them helped you up and brought you over to the car. “Wait, what about my baby?” you asked. “It’s parked on the other end of the block.”

“I’ll get it,” said Krystal. “You’re in no condition to drive now.”

---------

“But whatever happens, it’s because of fate. And maybe it’s trying to tell us something. Maybe we were meant to meet.” His husky voice repeated over and over in your head. You wondered what was his reason for appearing and why he had chosen to save you.

“~~~~~~~~!” Startled, you bounced up from your seat and dropped the pen that you were biting on. “What? What happened?”

“I’ve been calling your name for the last 5 minutes,” said Chanyeol. “But you were probably too busy day dreaming about me of course.”

“Psh, why would I be day dreaming about you,” you said.

“Oh that breaks my heart.” Chanyeol held onto his chest and pretended to cry. “That a dung head wouldn’t have the heart to even think about me.”

“Don’t call me that.” You slapped his arm. “So what did you want to tell me?”  

You and Chanyeol were alone again but this time planning out the booth the two of you were in charge of for the Spring Fair.  

“I wanted to know how many cupcakes you were making?” he asked.

“Erm,” you tapped the pen on your chin. “About 200. Is that enough to sell?”

“Woah 200? And you’re baking them all yourself? Can you really handle that?”

You shrugged your shoulders. “It’s worth a try.”

It was past dinner time when you and Chanyeol finished up the work so you guys went out to eat. After eating, Chanyeol walked you home, or you thought so.

“So you live here?” Chanyeol asked.

“Yup,” you nodded. “Thanks for walking me home.”

“Oh, I wasn’t walking you home,” he said. “What?” You were confused. “Then what’s your reason for being here?”  He walked over the front door of the new neighbor’s house.

“What are you doing on the front step of the neighbor’s house?!” you asked.

He took out what looked like a key from his pocket then waved it to show you then inserting it into the keyhole unlocking the door. He stuck his tongue out at you before going in.

Your eyes widened. “When was he ever my neighbor?!” 

[A/N: Thanks for reading~ Sorry about the short chapter. ;A;]