We Meet Again

Behind the Mask

 

----------

“Get in position. They’re trying to break in right now,” you heard Luna from your earpiece. “Just knock them out right when they enter. Then you leave as quickly as possible before they set off the alarm and the police come.”

You heard the sound of a door being broken into followed by footsteps but another noise caught your attention. The air vent above you started to shake and echo. *What the hell is that?* Moments later, one of the metal plates that covered the air vent fell right behind you. Startled, you went under the hole to see what had happened.

---

“Aish, why did I have to be the one to go through the air vent. But I guess it makes sense since Chanyeol wouldn’t have been able to fit in here.” Baekhyun checked the blue print of the building he had in his hand. “Alright, it should be here.” He pulled out one of the plates of the air vent. He accidentally had it slip out of his hand causing it hit the solid floor creating a clang sound. *Oh shoot. Hope no one heard that.*

Baekhyun poked his head out on top of the hole and there you were staring right at him. “Oh hey, we meet again,” he smirked.

Your eyes widened and you pointed to him. “You-”

Baekhyun jumped down and landed swiftly on his feet. “Are you here on a mission too?”

“What the hell are you doing here again? Get lost. I don’t need you to interfere with another mission,” you said to him.

“Why can’t we work together?” he asked.

“No thanks, the last time I checked, you stole my USB leaving me to go through more trouble. So with that, I consider you as an enemy. Now leave before things start to get physical.” You went back to the position you were in before he came.

“I’m guy, I believe I have more strength than you actually do to defeat the bad guys,” he said behind you. You ignored him and listened as the culprit was still trying to break in the secret facility. “Aww, don’t be like that.”

You turned around and you seriously wanted to slap his face at that very moment. “Look. I have no idea why you’re here and I don’t want to know why. Why don’t you just run along and le-“ Before you could finish your sentence, he ran past you and kicked a person in the stomach.

That’s when you realized that the culprit had already broken in. You watched as he easily twisted the person’s wrist then pushing him to the wall with his foot. He took out handcuffs from his pocket and cuffed the culprit. “See that?” he said. “That’s how good I am.”

“You got me distracted so you could go after him!”

“Oh really?” he sarcastically said and smiled. “Well, since everything here is done. I guess I’ll be going off.” He dusted his hands.

You grabbed his arm. “Wait, what agency are you from?” you asked.

He looked at the hand on his arm before replying. “If I told you, wouldn’t I have to kill you?”

You realized he probably didn’t want you to touch so you took your hand away from him. “True. But it’s not like you would be able to kill me anyways,” you scoffed. You started walking back to where you entered from then held up your arm. “Hope I never see you again!”

Baekhyun stood there and watched as you faded into the darkness. *This girl, there’s just something about her…* He heard the sirens of the cops outside the building. “I should really get going now.* He jumped back up into the vent and placed the metal plate back into its original position.

Chanyeol was waiting outside the building for Baekhyun since he wasn’t able to fit through the air vent. Baekhyun got out of the building then dusted his clothes.

“So how was it?” Chanyeol asked.

“The usual,” Baekhyun replied. “But remember the other spy I told you about the other day?” Chanyeol nodded. “She was there again.”

---

By the time you got home, it was already 11PM. You still had loads of homework to finish and three subjects to study for. You sighed. *What am I doing with my life…*

You went out to the patio in your backyard. There was a table were you would usually do school work. You liked doing your homework outside since it was peaceful. You laid your books on the table then sat down. Page by page and book by book, you tried to finish your homework as quick as possible so you could actually get some sleep tonight.

But you got sidetracked.

Babyfacelulu: Hey ~~~~~, you’re still awake? Don’t you have school tomorrow?

You: Hi ^o^ I have a lot of homework and studying I have to finish before sleeping. ;(

Babyfacelulu: Aww, that .  You know, I’m really smart. What subject are you on?

You: I’m on Korean history right now. Which kingdom was founded in 37 BC?

Babyfacelulu: Oh…

Babyfacelulu: Erm…

Babyfacelulu: uhh

You: You don’t know do you? I thought you were smart D:<

Babyfacelulu: I am smart!

Babyfacelulu: in some areas…

You: Oh really. You’re not lying right?

Babyfacelulu: lol I’m not lying.

Babyfacelulu: Anyways, you should finish your homework quickly and go to bed.

You: Alright MOM.

Babyfacelulu: Hey, I’m just saving myself so I wouldn’t be the one to blame when you didn’t finish your homework on time.

You: haha okay, I’ll talk to you tomorrow maybe?

Babyfacelulu: Oh course! Bye~

You finished your conversation with Lulu and continued your work. By 2AM, your eyes started to get heavy. Not long afterwards, you fell asleep with your head on the books.

---

Baekhyun was getting dress for school next morning. He looked out his window and you caught his attention. You were outside your patio still fast asleep. “She fell asleep outside with her books?” Baekhyun laughed.

Moments afterwards, the chirping of birds woke you up. Your eyes slowly opened up. *Wait… This is not my bedroom…* You sat there for a few seconds before realizing you were in your backyard. *I must have fallen asleep here last night while studying.* You stretched your arms out and yawned. “What time is it now?” you wondered.

You took your phone out of your pocket and checked the time. “Crap! I’m going to be late!” You scrambled your books and papers together and tried to put them in your bag as quick as possible.

Baekhyun was still watching you outside his window while rearranging his tie. “Unless she gets ready in 3 minutes, she’s totally going to be late.”