A Talk With Your Uncle

Behind the Mask

-------

*Sehun. That was the name on Jihyung and Mieun’s son.* Your uncle searched through your school website and found his name.  *Oh Sehun.* Oh was Jihyung’s family name and your uncles too.

He rummaged through his desk. Deep within it, held a family picture. It was taken before you were born but was Sehun was certainly in it. When he finally managed to find it, it held it next to his school picture and compared.

This didn’t make any sense. Was that really him? Is he really alive?

You were at headquarters practicing your shooting at the indoor shooting range. With your earmuffs on, you approached the table before bending down and loading your gun.

You slowly aimed at your target, 50 feet away. Closing your one of your eyes, you slowly pulled the trigger several times. Your body slightly jolted back from the force of the bullets. You put the gun down and stared at the bullets plastered on the board.

After 30 minutes of the same thing. You placed everything back then headed out the room.

Voice announcements were heard throughout the building. “~~~~~~. Your head chief wants to see you in his office.”

*What does he need now?* You trudged to the office wondering why.

You knocked on his door. “Come in,” you heard in say from the inside. You let yourself into the room. Head chief was working on some papers. “You wanted to see me?” you asked.

“Yes. So your friend Sehun. Do you know what his parents do for a living?”

“No, I’m not that close to him,” you replied.

“Then this is a mission. Go find more about him. Get to know him more and tell me anything you find out about him,” he commanded.

“Why? Is he some sort of criminal?” You were confused. *Why would he want to know more about Sehun? What kind of mission is this?*

*I don’t think this is the right time to tell her yet.* “No. He’s not,” he replied. “Then why-“

“I’ll tell you when the time comes ~~~~~~~. You may leave now. Go home and rest up.” He said his final words, which meant you had to leave without anymore questions.

You tried to do as you were and tried to get closer to Sehun. During lunch, you sat with the guys. You purposely sat next to Sehun and spoke to him once in a while. They thought it was a bit abnormal but got used to it.

One day when you were over at Baekhyun’s house to work on the project. While you two were taking a break, Baekhyun went to get some snacks while you explored the house. You asked Baekhyun and he didn’t mind so you walked through the hallway and examined the rooms as you passed by.

To your surprise, books were put away, clothes were put nicely in closets, and their bed was made. *They are really clean. Even I’m messier than them.*

You walked into one of the rooms. There laid a bed in the corner and on the left of it was a computer desk. You spotted a picture frame and took a look at it. It was a family picture, a couple and a son and daughter. *This must be Sehun.* You smiled at how cute he looked when he was younger.

“What are you doing in my room?”

The voice started you and you quickly placed the frame back on the desk. “Oh, sorry. I was just walking through the hallway and I got attracted to your room since it was so clean. Is that your parents in the picture?”

“Yes.” Sehun laid on his bed and started reading a magazine.

“You have a cute family. I didn’t know you had a sister. What do your parents do?” You asked him straight out.

He glanced at you then continued to do what he was doing. “I don’t think that’s any of your business,” he coldly replied.

“Oh, alright… Then I guess I better get back to my project then…” You left his room to go back to the living room. *Aish, did I come on too strong?* you wondered.

For the next few days, you’ve tried and tried but Sehun was too stubborn to answer any of your questions.

Your uncle has also been bothering you. Every night you had to report any new information to him, but there was nothing to tell him.

One day, you were in his office again. “Well, do you have anything?” your uncled asked.

“No, I don’t,” you replied.

He stopped what he was doing and sighed then placed his head on his hands. “Then I’ll give you another mission for now. This is a really important one and will involve you missing a week of school.”

“When is it?”

“In two weeks,” he replied.

“But I can’t,” you exclaimed. “Final exams take place that entire week!”

“You can make it up when you get back.” He continued working on his documents.

“No! I can’t. I still need time to study and-”

“~~~~~~~~, you need to follow my orders-“

He raised his voice and you raised it back at him. “I’m not going on this mission. When will you realize what you’re putting onto me? I’m already really busy with student council, homework, studying, training, and other minor missions. Why can’t I be a normal girl and just focus on school for once?”

He looked straight at you. “Don’t you dare raise your voice at me!”

“The exams are really important to me. I want to be able to do well and get into a good college. Maybe I don’t want to be a spy! I want to do what I want to do,” you continued.

He stood up from his seat and point at you. “Being a spy is in your blood. Your relatives and ancestors had all been what you’ve been through. You can’t just break it like it’s nothing!”

Your eyes started water. “I just want to be a normal person like every other girl out there,” you said before running out of his office crying.

He watched you run out and sat back down feeling guilty. “What have I done?”

You roamed through the streets with your eyes full of tears. *When will he understand that I have dreams too?* While running, you accidentally bumped shoulders with a stranger. You bowed and apologized. You were about to walk away but the person pulled you back.

“~~~~~~~~~? What’s wrong why are you crying?” The stranger happened to be Baekhyun. 

[A/N: I didn't want to go 3 days without updating so I stayed up until 1AM to update this. ;A; Happy readings!~ & for those who subscribed to my Luhan story, hopefully I'll update that tomorrow!]