SU-PA

Behind the Mask

---------

You ran several blocks and slowed down when you arrived at the SU-PA travel agency. You stood there trying to catch your breath. Then the door suddenly swung open.

“~~~~~~~, you’re finally here!”

“Finally!”

“What took you so long?”

Before you got there, Luna, Amber, and Sulli were waiting for you to get there so you all would go to headquarters together.

“A-am I late?” you asked while following them to the staff room.

“You sure are,” said Sulli.

The staff room looked like a regular room where employees could just hang out and take a break from work. What other people didn’t know was that inside one of the closets was a secret passage way to the underground headquarters for spies of SU-PA, which stood for Spies Undercover – Private Agency.

Your uncle was the head chief, the boss of this private agency. He started it to help the government uncover the illegal doings of drug dealers, find out the master plans of criminals, and more reasons to help the society become more peaceful.

Ever since you could remember, your uncle trained you to be the best spy you could ever be. From being fluent in 7 languages to having a sharp aim in shooting to practicing your fighting skills, he taught it all to you. You’d get frustrated from having all those things put on you.

Your childhood sounds pretty rough, but it’s not as bad as it seems. It’s what prepared you to go undercover during missions.

Besides operating the spy headquarters, your uncle is also the boss of the SU-PA travel agency, one of the best travel agencies in South Korea. The workers there were all spies undercover. When they weren’t working in headquarters, they would be working in the travel agency, helping customers find the best vacation spots.

Of course you worked there also but just once in a while.

You opened up the closet in the room and everyone went inside. You walked past the clothes to the back of the closet where there was another door that required a passcode. *072395.* You said the numbers in your head while you pushed the buttons.

The door opened up to be an elevator and all four of you went in. In the elevator, there were only three buttons. You pressed on the arrow pointing down and the door closed.

A few moments later, the door opened up. You stepped out to see a blank room with another door at the other end. For security purposes, it needed a finger scan. You slid your finger on the scanner and the machine beeped once before the door went sliding to the side.

After going through the door, all of you ran to the meeting room.

(The room looks something like this.)
Meeting-room.jpg

Victoria and Krystal were already there along with the head chief.  “~~~~~. You’re late.” He was sitting on his chair with his arms crossed.

“I’m not late… All of you were just early,” you said as you took your seat. 

Your uncle shook his head and stood up. “Always trying to be optimistic aren’t you. Now that everyone is here, let’s start the monthly meeting.”

Just like every other monthly meeting, he would explain status of uncovering secret hideouts and such. He’d bring out news that you’d need to know for future missions.   He went over some tips you and the other girls could improve on and explained how much trouble were to happen if we were exposed to the public.

An hour later, it was finally over and the chief left. “You guys up for some food?” asked Amber.

“I’m going out with Nichkhun tonight. See you girls tomorrow,” Victoria said and left.

“Yes! It’s dinner time! Let’s go!”  Luna jumped out of her seat and walked out of the room. You and the other girls followed her out.

The five of you decided to get sushi. You sat down at a table and looked at the menu.

“Psst,” Krystal who sat next to you nudged your arm. “Cute boys checking us out.”

“Where?” you asked with your eyes still on the menu.

“10 o’clock.” You shifted your eyes up a little and saw the four guys who looked away when you looked at them. You didn’t show any interest in them and continued to look at them menu. “So what are you guys ordering?”

Sulli gaped at you. “Are you really not interested in those guys?” You shook your head.

“Of course she’s not. When have you ever seen her ever interested in them?” said Amber. “With her it’s always work and school.”

“What about Daehyun?” said Luna. “Didn’t ~~~~~ have something for him when he was still her neighbor two years ago?” You tried not to get involved in their conversation. “You still like him don’t you?”

You raised your head. “It’s been two years. I think my feelings change.”

“Hey, shut up. They’re coming over here now,” said Krystal and everyone went quiet and pretended to be doing something.

“Hello girls,” said one guy. “Would you like to come sit with us maybe?”

Sulli had a bright smile of her face. You could tell she wanted to go.

“You girls go ahead. I’m that not hungry so I’ll just go home and finish some work,” you smiled to them hoping they wouldn’t make you stay along with them.

“Aww.”

“Maybe next time then.”

“See you tomorrow ~~~~~.”

You said bye to them and left the restaurant. *It’d be best anyways. There were only four guys and five of us. That wouldn’t have been fair.*

When you got home, you went to check the mail. Shuffling the letters in your hand, you noticed an unfamiliar name and tilted your head to the side.  “Byun Baekhyun? Who’s that?” You check over the address on the letter. “Wait, this is the neighbor’s mail. I should give it back to them.”

You went out of your house rang the doorbell of the house next door. A few seconds later, you heard someone from the inside telling you to wait for a while. You stood there and continued to check over the other letters.

“Hi,” the guy said. You looked up from the letter you were holding up and was surprised to see a guy who looked like he was about your age. You suddenly felt like you’ve known him from somewhere. “Uhh…” you didn’t know what to say then.

Sehun felt the same feeling, the feeling of recognition.

“Hey Sehun, who is it?” Another guy went to the door to see who it was. Sehun moved over for him. When the other guy saw you, he waved his hand. “Hey.”

“Erm… Hi,” you replied. “Here’s your mail. The mailman must have put it in my mailbox by mistake.” You handed it to him and he took it.

He looked over it then looked at you. “Thanks. Do you live next door?”

“Yeah, the house on your right,” you replied.

“Ahh, so we’re neighbors. Well we should introduce each other shouldn’t we?” he said. “I’m Baekhyun, That’s-“

“Yah, I think I can introduce myself,” said the other guy. “I’m Sehun.”

“I’m ~~~~~~~. So are you two the only people living here?” you asked.

“No, there’s another guy upstairs sleeping. He was probably tired from the trip here,” said Baekhyun.

“Oh,” you said then put your hands out to the side. “Then I guess I should welcome you guys to the neighborhood. I need to go back so I’ll see you guys around.”

You went back home. Baekhyun closed the door and Sehun went back to whatever he was doing.

“What do you think of our new neighbor?” Baekhyun asked with a smile. *I thought she was kind of cute.*

“Nothing. I need to get back to breaking into the security systems for our next mission. I’m not eating dinner tonight so you don’t have to call me for me.” Sehun went upstairs back into his room and sat down at his desk. He looked up at the ceiling. “That girl seems so familiar…”

Just then, D.O. was walking past Sehun’s room and heard him. “Who seems familiar?”

“Huh? Oh, our new neighbor. She came by to give us our mail,” said Sehun.

“What? And you guys met her without me? What did she look like?”

Sehun rolled his eyes. “Go ask Baekhyun,” he said and went back to work.

“Fine, be that way maknae.” D.O. didn’t bother him anymore and went down the stairs to find Baekhyun. “Hey Baekhyun! What did the neighbor look like?!”