New Students

Behind the Mask

--------------

It was early in the morning and school was about to begin.

“Hey!”

“Morning ~~~~~~~!”

“Hey ~~~~~~~!”

You passed by students and they greeted you. You greeted them back with a smile while rushing to the office. Almost everywhere you went, people would recognize you.

You needed to go to the principal’s office to hand in papers for the school spring fair. As class president it was your job to collect information about what kind of booths your class was doing. When you got there, you knocked on his door. “Come in,” you heard him say from the inside.

“Good morning Principal Park. I have the Spring Fair sign-up sheet. Could I turn them in now?” you asked while slowly walking in.

You noticed three students who were also in the room sitting in front of his desk.

“Yes, you could hand them to me now.” You stood next to his desk then handed the papers to him and he scanned over it. “Thank you ~~~~~~. Good job as always.”

“No problem.” You smiled and turned your head and the three students caught your attention. “Baekhyun? Sehun?”

“Hey ~~~~~. Didn’t know you attended school here,” said Baekhyun.

“Hi,” Sehun just blankly said.

D.O. nudged Sehun and whispered into his ear. “Who is she?” Sehun told him that you were their neighbor and he nodded.

“Do you know these three?” the principle questioned.

“Yeah, they’re my next door neighbors,” you replied.

“Great, then why don’t you welcome them and give them a tour of the school? They’re juniors also and I believe they’re in the same class as you. Room 132 am I correct? You’re class president. I believe you can handle it.”

“I guess I could-“

“You can take them to class now,” he said and excused you guys out.

The four of you left the room and into the hallway. It was empty now that the bell had already rung.

“I didn’t expect to see you guys here,” you said.

“We didn’t expect you to go to school here either,” Baekhyun replied. He then noticed you were looking at D.O. “That’s D.O. The guy you didn’t meet yesterday.”

“Ohh. Nice to meet you.” You gave him a warm smile. “Are you all Juniors?”

“Actually, we’re supposed to graduate this year but we spent a few years in the states so they’re making us stay back another year,” answered Baekhyun.

“Which really ,” D.O. added.

“That means all of you are older than me,” you said. “I hope your senior year will past by quickly.” You clapped your hands together. “Now, we should get to class. Follow me.”

On the way there, you chit chatted with Baekhyun and D.O. Sehun was more a quiet person and didn’t speak much.

“So the three of you live together in one house and all of you are in high school. How do you pay for your food and bills? Do your parents help pay?” you asked.

“Actually, D.O. and I don’t have parents,” said Baekhyun.

*They’re almost like me,* you thought.

“Sehun’s parents are the ones who pay for living expenses,” D.O. explained.

You turned to Sehun. “Your parents must be pretty wealthy to afford such a big house in this district.” He just shrugged his shoulders.

“Well what about you?” asked Baekhyun.

You looked down onto the ground. “I don’t know my parents.” You forced a smile on your face. The three of them stopped in their steps. *She’s an orphan? What’s a girl like her doing living in a huge house by herself?*

The four of you entered your classroom and you told the teacher about the three new students. You went to your seat and watched as Baekhyun, D.O., and Sehun introduce themselves in front of the class. After that, they sat in the empty seats in the back row. Baekhyun happened to sit behind you.

Lunch time began and you placed your books into your bag. Baekhyun tapped your shoulder and you turned around. “You’re going to show us around right?” he asked.

“Yeah. If you and the other guys are ready to leave, I’ll show you the cafeteria first,” you replied.

You walked into the cafeteria with your hands in the air and you turned to them. “So, this is the cafeteria, where you get lunch.”

You passed by friends and you smiled and waved to them. To the three guys, it seemed like you knew everyone in the entire school. You were so nice to everyone and you conversed with them really well too.

“Do you know everyone in this school?” Baekhyun jokingly asked.

“For me to get elected as class president, it’s best to become friends with everyone and get their votes,” you replied.

“~~~~~~~~!!!” Sulli and Luna were waving from the table they were sitting at.

“You guys should get lunch now. We’ll continue the tour after eating,” you said. “If you want, you could come and sit with me and my friends.”

The three of them looked around the cafeteria. “I think we’ll be fine. Thanks.”

“Okay then. See you guys later.” They went to the lunch line and you walked over to F(x)’s table.

“Who are they?” Luna asked.

“Yeah, are they new?” Sulli added.

You nodded. “They’re the new students in my class. The principal wanted me to show them around.” You took some french-fries from Luna’s tray. “Hey get your own fries.” She smacked your hand and you laughed.

“Fine. I will,” you got up from the table and went to the lunch line. As you waited for your turn to get your food, a deep voice whispered into your ear. “Hey ~~~~~~~.”

“Hi Chanyeol.” You took a tray and started scooping up food onto a plate.

“How’d you know it was me?” he said while doing the same after you.

“I don’t think I know anyone else with a voice as deep as yours,” you said.

“That’s true. So are we going to make posters for the Spring Fair?” he asked.

“Yup, we’re meeting in room 305. So get there right after school so we can finish and leave earlier.” You grabbed the last part of your lunch. “I’ll see you later,” you said and went back to your table. Krystal and Amber were now there also. If you’re wondering where Victoria is, she’s probably working at the travel agency right now because she’s no longer a high school student.

“So ~~~~~. Are you going today?” Amber asked.

“I have to,” you said. “I have a 6 hour training session tonight.”

Krystal put her hand on her chest and the other patting your back. “I feel for you. Just because you’re his niece he treats you harsher.”

You shook your head. “It’s not that bad.”

“That’s because you’ve been doing it since you were young. You’re used to it,” said Sulli. “The longest training session we ever had after school was just 4 hours and that still felt like forever.”

“How was eating with the cute guys the other day?” you asked to change the subject.

“Horrible.”

“They were too full of themselves. Jerks really,” said Sulli.

“~~~~~~.”

“Hmm?” You looked up from your food to Luna.

“Chanyeol’s looking at you,” she said.

You laughed. “That’s normal.”

The entire school practically knows Chanyeol has something for you. It was known as a rumor, but it’s true.

There was this one time when you two were alone and he really did confess to you, but you took it as a joke and didn’t believe him since he messes with you most of the time. Chanyeol never brought his crush up again and just stayed friends with you. You never told anyone about it, even your best friends. Your friendship with him stayed the same like he never confessed to you at all.

Usually during lunch, Chanyeol would go over to your table and eat with you. But today, you watched as he walked over to another table.

“Does Chanyeol know the new students?” you wondered.

“New students? Where?” Amber and Krystal turned their heads to see.  ”Are they in your class?” You nodded then added, “They’re also my new neighbors.”

“Someone finally moved into the house next door huh?” Amber laughed. 

At the table diagonally from yours, Chanyeol sat down. “Hey guys. How’s the first day of school?”

“It was actually pretty good,” said D.O.

“Better than most schools,” Sehun said while eating his lunch.

 “What about you, Baekhyun?”

Chanyeol caught him looking towards you while you were talking and laughing with your friends. Your smile never once fell off your face. *Why is he looking at ~~~~~?*

D.O. and Sehun also turned their heads to see what he was looking at. “Baekhyun!” Chanyeol waved his hand in front of Baekhyun’s face.

“Oh, what?” Baekhyun snapped out of his daze.

“Were you staring at ~~~~~~?” Chanyeol asked.

“Err no I wasn’t. I wasn’t staring at anything.” Baekhyun looked down at his food and ate.

“Oh.” Chanyeol looked over to D.O. and Sehun wondering why Baekhyun was acting like that but the two just shrugged their shoulders.

“So,” Chanyeol popped a grape into his mouth. “Do we have anything tonight?”

“Nope,” replied Sehun. “I’m still researching for our next mission.”

“When are you moving in with us Chanyeol?” D.O. asked.

“Until the rent for this month ends,” he replied.

After eating, you got up from your table and threw away your trash. Then you walked over to Baekhyun, D.O., and Sehun’s table.

“Are you guys finished yet?” you asked.

“Yeah we are. Let’s go.” D.O. got up from the table and Baekhyun and Sehun followed.

“Where are you taking them?” Chanyeol asked.

“I’m taking them on a tour. You want to come?” you asked. Chanyeol came along and he ended up replacing you as the tour guide. You just followed behind them while walking in the hallway. But there was still a question stuck in your head. “Hey, Chanyeol, how do you know Baekhyun, D.O., and Sehun?”

“Oh umm…” Chanyeol turned his head around to face the others. He mouthed, “What do I say?”

“We’re,” Baekhyun in, “Childhood friends.”

“Ohh, I’ve known Chanyeol since Kindergarden. He never mentioned anything about you guys,” You shrugged it off and continued walking.