An Unknown Opponent

Behind the Mask

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2rdHrfpJDk

--------------

"~~~~~~, can you hear me?"

You adjusted your earpiece. "Yeah. Were you guys able to break into the system?" 

It was currently 9:30 PM and you were hiding in a tree in front of a warehouse waiting for the others to give you the signal of when to break in. 

"Almost. Just wait for a few more minutes,” said Amber. F(x) was in a black van with all the computer equipment inside on the corner of the street.

Another night, another mission. You were in disguise. Your long dark brown hair was tied into a ponytail. You had thick eyeliner and black mouth mask on. Although your disguise was simple, it did the trick along with the black leather jumpsuit.

“Okay, we got in,” you heard Luna say. “There’s a door on the right of the building. Sneak through the back and go in from there. If you need backup, Victoria and Krystal will be around.”

“Got it.” You jumped off the tree and did as Luna said and went to the back. When you got there, the door needed a passcode to open. “The door needs a passcode.”

“Unlocking it for you right now,” said Sulli. You heard the door beep and you turned the handle opening the door and slowly crept into the hallway of the building. “Are you in?” she asked.

“Yeah. Where’s the room?” you asked while tiptoeing around to check if anyone was around. The lights in the building were pretty dim. You noticed a slight flickering in the lights.

“Go to the hallway on the right and walk up until you see another hallway. There will be a staircase in the middle where you will go up then turn left,” Luna explained.

“Careful there are people walking around the building. They’re most likely equipped with weapons,” Amber added.

“Alright.” You followed their directions. Walking around, you took detail of every detail and paid attention to any noises being made. You walked up the stairs as Luna said and poked out your head to check the surroundings.

Hearing the click of an opening door followed by voices, you quickly hid away from them as they walked passed you without a notice. You looked back at where they came from and saw a light coming from the room. Following the light, you walked towards it.

“Hey you! You’re not supposed to be in here!” You turned around and saw the guys from before running towards you.

Before they were even able to put a finger on you, you tripped them over and had your fist in their face. They fell passed out on the floor and you stepped over them.

You went into the dim lit room to find a desk with a running computer. “I’m in the room now,” you said.

“Good. Now you need to look through the files on the laptop and look for all the useful information you can find. Then use the USB I gave you from before and copy the files onto it,” Luna replied.

You went over to the desk and sat down on the chair. Ten minutes of looking through the computer and you weren’t able to find anything.

“Are you sure it’s in the laptop? There isn’t anything in here,” you said through your mic.

“You couldn’t find anything? Look around in the room. Maybe there’s another one,” Sulli replied.

You went through the drawers in the desk. *Nothing but bills and receipts.* You stood up and went around the room. You felt the wind from an open windows blow upon your face. It also caused a picture frame to bounce back and forth on the wall and you noticed something.

*That doesn’t sound right. The wall isn’t made of metal, why is it making a sound like it is?* You went over to the portrait and watched as it continued to make the noise. *There has to be something hidden behind it.*

You took the portrait off the wall and there it was. A safe put right into the wall. *Great. Now how do I crack this thing?*

“Hey, I found a safe that was being hidden. Any idea how to open it?” you asked the girls.

“Hmm… Check the room for any keys or combination numbers. This person doesn’t really have a good memory. So he most likely has it put somewhere in this room.”

You looked at the portrait again. On one of the corners beneath the frame, there was a piece of paper stuck there. “I think I found it.”

You pulled it out of its tight spot and unfolded it. “This guy really needs to find better hiding places.” You put in the combination for the safe and the door popped open. *Assa.*

Inside was another laptop. You brought it onto the table and turned it on. Sure enough, all the information was in there. You quickly put in your USB and copied the files onto it. “Done. Time to leave.”

You put the laptop back where it was and closed the safe then placed back the portrait. You dusted your hands and held the USB in the air. You smiled at your accomplishment. “Well you were easy to get.” Just then another hand took it away from you. “What the-“

The person who seemed like another spy stood in front of you with the USB now in his hands. You could see the smirk on his face through his mask. “Thank you, for doing all the work. Now if you excuse me, I need to leave.”

“No, give it back.” You went after him. He ran to the window wanting to jump out. You grabbed his arm right before he did but right then, people entered the room and believed you were trespassing. “You should go. Looks like you have more work to do,” the mysterious guy said.

*Aish, this is not going as planned,” you thought while letting go the guy’s arm and kicking the bodies of who just entered.

As you knocked them out, more people came in. *I can’t deal with this now.* You gave up trying to fight them all and jumped out the window. You ran away from the building hoping they didn’t follow you out.

“Mission failed. I had the information but now it’s gone. Coming back to the van right now,” you said into your mic. You could hear the girls freak out.

“What?!”

“How did that happen?!”

“I’ll tell you when I get back to the van,” you replied.

Back at the meeting room in headquarters, you tried to explain what had happened to the head chief, aka your uncle.

“Why didn’t you call for back up?” asked your uncle. You could tell he was a bit angry because of the failed mission.

“I thought I could beat them all. But there were too much people, even for the three of us to handle. More and more people just kept coming into the room,” you explained.

Your uncle had his eyes closed and his index finger and thumb rubbed his forehead. “So you say you got the data, but another unknown spy took it from you?”

You nodded. “Yeah. Are there other spy agencies in Seoul other than us? All these years, I haven’t encountered any other spies from other agencies.”

He leaned back in his chair. “We’ll have to look more into that. Why don’t you describe the mysterious spy first?”

“Well, I know for sure it was a guy, from his voice but that was all. He had a mask on so I could see his appearance.” There was a bit of silence while your uncle thought.  

“So what are we going to do about this mission?” you asked.

“Since you weren’t able to accomplish this,” he said. “I’ll have someone else go back. Just go home now and rest. You still have school tomorrow. Oh and you’re coming back tomorrow for another six hour training session.”

Your eyes widened. “What?! You’re kidding me right?”

“I would be kidding if this mission was a success,” he replied.

“Argghh!” You stomped out of the room. *If I ever see that other spy again, I will seriously kill him.*

At the other headquarters of another spy agency…

Baekhyun took off his mask to reveal the huge smile on his face. “First mission in Seoul, success!” he said as he gave Sehun the USB.

“Good,” Sehun took his gaze off the computer screen and looked at the USB. “Where’d you get this? This wasn’t the one I gave you before.”

“Let’s just say I didn’t have to do any work to get it,” he said while relaxing on a sofa behind Sehun. “There was this other spy there and she was smiling at how she was able to get the information but her face totally changed after I swiped it from her hand,” Baekhyun laughed.

“Another spy?” Sehun asked. “I guess we have competition then.”  

[A/N: Hope you guys like this chapter! ^^ Thanks to the subscribers!]