More Work

Behind the Mask

 

-------

“Shoot! I’m going to be late. I’m going to be late. This can’t happen!” You ran out of your house while struggling to put on your shoes and tying them. “I’ve never been late to school before and I can’t start now.”

You literally ran all the way to school. You were lucky enough to have green lights when you arrived at cross streets.

Baekhyun arrived at school with Sehun and D.O. He was curious of whether or not you would make it to school before the gates closed so he said they could go ahead first.

After a few minutes, the teachers were ready to lock the gate. *I guess she didn’t make it on time.* Baekhyun thought. He turned around and continued to walk into the school as the gate started to close behind him.

You were out of breath while running up the hill your school was on. When you got to the top, you saw that the gates were closing. You sprinted as fast as you could to try to make it in.

Surprisingly, you managed to squeeze through the one foot gap before it really did close. *Whew, sometimes being a spy is useful.* But then, you also managed to trip on a crack on a crack in the ground. “Ahh!!”

At that moment, Baekhyun turned around and there you were, falling into his arms. *She really did make it in time.*

“~~~~~~~.”

“Huh?” You looked up at Baekhyun and noticed how his hands were holding onto your arms. “Oh, sorry Baekhyun.” You cleared your voice. “Thanks for catching me,” you said then strode off into the building.

*That was embarrassing. Aish, I’m a trained spy yet why am I so clumsy?!* You lightly used your fist to hit your head.

During class, you were trying to finish the studying you didn’t complete last night.

“~~~~~~~.”

“Huh?” You rose your head from the text book. “Please pay attention now,” the teacher said. You closed the book and started listening. “Okay, now there is still a month before school ends. Which means that there will be a final project.”

The students started whining.

“Oh come on, it’s not that bad. You don’t even know what it is yet.” The teacher laughed. “I will be putting you all in pairs. Then you and your partner will create a poster representing one topic that we have learned this year.” The pairs will be made randomly from choosing out of a hat.” She took a hat out of her closet. “~~~~~~~.”

“Yes?” you asked.

“Please write down everyone’s names on a sheet of paper and rip them out individually so we can determine the pairs,” she said.

After a few minutes, you had everything ready and the teacher started pairing people together. “Miyeong… and Chanyeol. Next Minhyuk… and Ilhoon. Sehun… Oh wait, you’ve just transferred here so why don’t you pair up with D.O. And Baekhyun… why don’t you be partners with ~~~~~~.”

"Why is it me who she always picks on." You muttered to yourself.

“Alright! Now that everyone is paired up, I’ll give you guys sometime to discuss your plans.”

Baekhyun tapped your shoulder from behind. “At least we won’t have trouble getting to each other’s houses.”

“Yeah, I guess that’s a good thing,” you replied. “So what topic do you want to do the poster on? I’m fine with anything.”

Baekhyun looked through his book. “Hey what about this? …”

10 minutes passed and you two had just finished discussed what topic to do the poster on.  “Alright, so are we working on this at your house or at mine?” Baekhyun asked.

“Yours.” You said that a little too quickly and he laughed. “Why can’t we go over to yours instead?” he said.

*Because I left the door to my spy room open and I can’t find the key to lock it. I can’t risk having people over.* “Erm, because it’s way too messy over there. I don’t want you to see it then judge me because of my living conditions,” you replied.  

He gave you a weird look. “I’m not the kind of person to judge but I guess it’s alright if you don’t want guys over your house.”

“But that’s not the reason why-“ The bell rang before you could finish up your sentence.  

“I’ll see you later ~~~~~~.” Baekhyun got up and left.

After school, you met up with Baekhyun who was also with D.O. and Sehun and the four of you walked home together. Midway of walking home, you received a text.

We need you again~ Come over to HQ. ASAP!  –Amber

*Is she serious?* You sighed. “Actually,” you said. “Can we work on the project another day? I have something important going on right now.”

“I guess we could work on it another time. Where are yo-“You cut him off. “Great. Bye guys,” you waved to them and ran off.

“I didn’t even get to finish my sentence. Where is she going in such a hurry?” said Baekhyun.