Keeping Secrets

Behind the Mask

------------

You: Hey Lulu 

No reply.

You: Are you there? 

*He must be busy.* you thought.

You were on your couch with your laptop on your lap. You had just come home from school and you needed to talk to someone about everything that happened today.

A few minutes later, he replied.

Babyfacelulu: You’re back home from school? :) Why so late?

You looked at the time, 7:57. You would usually be home by 5.

You: Student council work :((((

Babyfacelulu: What’s with the long face? haha Are you being fed up with being class president already? ;)

You: No, it just takes a lot of my time up. Along with that, I have homework and a lot of other personal business to do.

You sighed. *Like being a spy.*

You: And I’m blaming you also! D:<

Babyfacelulu:  Me? Why is it my fault? ;A;

You: I stayed up last night talking to you!

Babyfacelulu: I told you to go to bed but you didn't listen to me :P

Babyfacelulu: So did you have a bad day? Lay it all on me, I can take it. :)

You told him all the that happened today. School was so stressful being class president and all. There were a lot of preperations for school events and fundraisers you had to prepare.

You: Lulu, thanks for just being here. :) You’re like my best friend. You know almost everything that's going on in my life.

Babyfacelulu: Almost everything? What am I missing?

Of course he doesn’t know your secret.

You: You still don't know what animal I like best.

Babyfacelulu: That's because you never told me D:

Babyfacelulu: All you've ever given me was a useless hint.

You: Just keep guessing :D

Your phone started to vibrate on the coffee table in front of you. You picked it up and answered it. "Hello?"

"Hey ~~~~~~~. It's Luna. We need you to come down to headquarters now. Did you forget about the meeting today?”

You sighed. "Alright, I'll be there in 10 minutes." You ended the call and went back to your laptop.

Babyfacelulu: Pig

Babyfacelulu: Panda

Babyfacelulu: Cat

Babyfacelulu: Dog

Babyfacelulu: Fox                      

Babyfacelulu: Sheep

Babyfacelulu: Horse

Babyfacelulu: Cow

Babyfacelulu: Lion

Babyfacelulu: Bear

Babyfacelulu: ???

Babyfacelulu: What other four legged animals are there?!

You laughed at how he tried to guess your favorite animal.

You: Let's just say it’s one of those. :) Anyways, I've got to go now.

Babyfacelulu: Okay, Talk to you tomorrow~

You: Before I leave I want to ask you something.

Babyfacelulu: What is it?

You: Why don't you ever tell me anything about your personal life?

He didn't reply.

You felt like you shouldn't have asked him this question but you wanted to know. You told him so many things about you but he would never say anything about his personal life. You didn't even know his real name. You only called him Lulu because of his username.

Two years ago, you met him when playing on the same team of a fighting online RPG game. Since the other team members knew you were the worst player on the team, they blamed the loss of the game on you.

But Lulu? He defended you saying that it was the entire team’s fault, not only yours. After that, the two of you talked with each other more.

One day, you were online talking to him again. You felt so stressed with school and training. Although you couldn’t tell him everything, he was the one that turned the frown upside down. He has always been there when you were alone. When your friends were busy, he would be the one to keep you company and brighten up your day.

He became a really close online friend to you who you could just tell anything to, but he would never expose any information about him.The only thing you probably knew about him was that he studied abroad in Korea but now he was in China.

Someday, you wanted to meet him in person and maybe become friends in real life.

You: I guess it's obvious that I'm just a stranger you met online and who knows, you might be talking to a serial killer right now. You don't have to answer that question. :/

After a while, he finally replied.

Babyfacelulu: ~~~~~~~, some things are just meant to be kept secrets. 

You: Then I must be a real idiot for revealing so much of myself to you.

You shut down your laptop and placed it on the coffee table. You looked at the clock. “Oh ! I’m gonna be late.”

Hopping out the door on one footing trying to tie your shoe laces, you looked up and noticed that your next door neighbor was moving in. *About time someone moved into that house.*

A couple of men were taking out furniture from the parked truck in front of the house. They looked over to you and you awkwardly bowed to them while walking away.

---

The boy leaned back on his chair with his arms crossed. He wondered why you didn’t say bye to him before you logged off. *Is she mad at me now?* he wondered.

“Hey! Are you still talking to your online girlfriend? We need to leave now!” He could hear Lay yell out to him from the first floor.

“Alright, I’m coming!” He closed his laptop and left the room. He went down the stairs to see Lay still waiting for him at the bottom of the stairs and gave him a look. “She’s not my online girlfriend.”

“Whatever you say,” said Lay. “You know, I wouldn’t be surprised if the so called ‘girl’ you had been talking online to for the past two years had been an old 78 year old pedo.”

He rolled his eyes. “Whatever. Aren’t we late? The others left already. Let’s go before the chief kills us for being late for training again.”

 

[A/N: So how was the first chapter? I wanna know what you guys think! ;A; So any idea who this 'Lulu' is? xD It's probably really obvious. :3 Anyways, thanks for reading! ^^ Hope you guys look forward to the rest of the story~]