Lotte World

Behind the Mask

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FfM8WhBVMdc

-----------

Baekhyun and you went over to the park and sat in the shade underneath a tree in front the large lake. You explained what happened to Baekhyun, just not all the important details. This was one of the times where you’d have a mental break down from all the stress you had.

Even though Baekhyun didn’t know everything, he still listened to you. While you told your heart out, Baekhyun sat there and listened to every single word.

“People expect so much from me.  I don’t want to disappoint them if I fail.” Tiny bits of tears were still falling down your face. “I’m sorry.” You wiped away your tears. “You shouldn’t be seeing me like this. No one has ever seen me cry before.”

After hearing your story, Baekhyun realized how much pressure was put on you. This was an entirely different side from you that he was seeing. Now knowing that you’ve never cried in front of anyone, he felt like he needed to comfort you. “Whatever’s going on with you and your uncle, you should go discuss it with him again to clear things out. Maybe he’ll understand and let you do what you want to do. It’s better to talk things out than to leave a regretful mark in the past for something the two of you didn’t agree with.”

You sniffed and thought about what he said. “I guess that’s true.”

“And the reason they expect more from you because you’re amazing. You’re nice, you’re fun, you’re caring, and you’re smart. What happened to that optimistic girl? Who wouldn’t expect more from you if you already set their expectations so high?”

You cracked a smile hearing those words come out of his mouth.

“You’re smiling now aren’t you?” He looked over at you and you immediately broke away the smile and replaced with one that had no emotion. “No I wasn’t.”

“Come on. Let’s go.” Baekhyun got up and pulled you up next.

“Where are we going?” you asked.

“Well since you aren’t smiling, we’ll have to find a way to make you smile.” A grin appeared on his face.

------

“Ta-dah!”

Baekhyun took his hands off your eyes so you could see what was in front of you. You looked around at the place you were currently at. “Lotte world?”

“Yup!” he ran and spun around with his arms up.

“I haven’t been here since the fifth grade,” you said.

“Then let’s have fun shall we?” he said as he dragged you along behind him.

For the next two hours Baekhyun took you on the rides to get your mind off whatever was bothering you. When you reached to the top of the peak on the rollercoasters and dropped down, you screamed your lungs out. Baekhyun was finally able to the smile of yours after the third ride you rode together. He felt happy that he was able to help you feel better.

After the rides, you two walked around the game booths.

“Are you sure you can knock down all three bottles?” You had your arms crossed and shook your head.

“Hey, don’t underestimate me when you haven’t seen my skills. Three balls please.” Baekhyun paid for his turn and took one of the softballs then aimed at the three stacked up bottles. A moment later, he threw the ball but it only knocked down two bottles.

“What skills do you have? Apparently it’s not this,” you joked around and he just looked at you before trying it again. “Watch this.” He didn’t do any better on the second try. “Yeah, you are so awesome at this,” you sarcastically said.

“If it were Kai, he’d knock down all three bottles on the first try. He’s good at these games,” said Baekhyun. “You want to throw the last ball?”

“Sure.” You went up to the booth then aimed and threw the ball knocking down all three bottles.

“Woah.” Baekhyun looked at you wide eyed. “You’re good at this.”

*Thanks to spy training.* “I guess I am,” you smiled innocently.

“Awesome job! Pick any one of the stuffed toys on the shelves as your prize,” said the person in charge of the booth.

“Hmm... I’ll have that one please!” You pointed to the stuffed Hello Kitty. He handed it to you and started jumping around with glee. “Thank you~”

“Do you like Hello Kitty?” Baekhyun asked.

“You could say it’s childish or whatever but I love Hello Kitty,” you replied while fiddling around with it.

“It’s not childish.” He smiled. *It’s cute how you adore a fictional character so much. Now I know something new about you.* Baekhyun thought. You just glanced at him weirdly at his reply.

 After the long day, the two of you walked home together. It was already 9PM by the time you arrived in front of your house. “Thanks for bringing me to Lotte World. It was a lot of fun.”

“It’s no problem. I had fun too.” Baekhyun watched as you went up to your front door step. “I’ll see you at school,” you said before going inside the house.

Baekhyun walked over to his house and unlocked the door. “Oh, and Baekhyun!” He turned his head to where your voice was coming from. You had come out again. “I’m glad I bumped into you today. Thanks for listening to me even though it had nothing to do with you.”

“It’s cool,” he replied. You were about to go in again when he called out your name. “~~~~~~.”

“Hmm?”

“If you need anyone to talk to at all, you can always come to me.”

You nodded in agreement and went back inside for the last time.

[A/N: So it's like 1:30AM right  now... My parents would kill me if they found out I was still awake typing away on my computer right now. lol Okay so, EXO-M will finally make their appearance in able 3 or 4 more chapters? ;a; I'm sorry it's taking so long. & You know I read all the comments right? I try to fit what you guys want in the story to make it more interesting. & some of your wishes maybe be granted. haha]