Student Council Work

Behind the Mask

-------------

It was a Friday evening but you were stuck at school to make posters for the school Spring Fair with the other Junior council members.

“Wait, where are the other people?”

“They’re busy ad couldn’t come. I mean, who wouldn’t be busy on a Friday night like today?” said Chanyeol.

“You apparently,” you said as you laid the long sheet on paper on the floor.

“And what about you?” he asked.

“I would have been somewhere else right now but since I’m class president, I have to be here.” You went to the cabinet and took out supplies. “Let’s finish some quickly so I can go home.”

The two of you started working on the posters on the floor. In midway of coloring his first poster, Chanyeol stopped to take a break. His wrist was starting to hurt. He watched you outline the words pictures and color in between the lines, never once coloring outside of the line.

You were too focused to notice anything else other than the poster.  

*She works so hard even if it isn’t even worth all the hard work.* Chanyeol thought.

“Aish, this is wrong,” you muttered to yourself. You cringed your eyebrows while trying to erase your mistake.

“You know, these are going straight to the recycling once the event is over. It doesn’t have to be perfect,” said Chanyeol.

“I know, but I want it to look presentable,” you replied. “I want to show my best work.”

“But you’re just making my poster look like crap,” he pouted and you laughed.

“One poster down. Eight to go.” You got up to get cut another long sheet of butcher paper. “Are you done with yours yet?”

“Yup,” he replied. Chanyeol placed his finished poster next to yours and  went to get more paper. After that, we went and sat back down on the floor. He looked at you and you were completely focused on the poster once again.

“Hey ~~~~~~.”

“Hmm?” you said without taking your eyes off of drawing.

“Remember in first grade,” he said. “The field trip to a farm?”

“Yeah, what about it?” you asked.

“You fell into the huge pile of cow poop.” He started cracking up.

“Oh god, don’t remind me of that. Worst day of my entire life,” you said.

“Well, that was one of the funniest things I’ve seen in my life,” he replied. “And the next day, the kids in the class started calling you dung head.” He was laughing even more now.

You lightly pushed his arm. “That’s because you started calling me that and everyone else joined in. Now stop laughing and get back to work.” You went back to drawing your poster.

Chanyeol just sat there with a smirk and watched. *One of the things I love to do is mess around with you.*

 “I still remember in sixth grade I was taller than you,” you said.

“Only by an inch. Then puberty hit and I grew way taller than you afterwards,” he stuck his tongue out at you.

“What about that period of time where your voice cracked whenever you spoke? That was hilarious.”

“But now it’s a deep y voice all the girls love,” he said.

“HA, yeah right.”

After finishing your third poster, your phone started to vibrate in your pocket.

~~~~~~, We need you at HQ now for a mission.  –Luna

You looked up at Chanyeol and he was just scribbling colors on the poster. You cleared your voice.

“Hey Chanyeol. I have to be somewhere so I’m going to leave now.” You started putting away the stray color pencils and markers.

“Alright. I’m just going to stay and finish up this poster before I leave. I’ll see you Monday,” he said.

“Bye.” You grabbed your bag and left.

A while later, Chanyeol’s phone started ringing. “Ne?”

“Right now?” he asked. “I thought Kai- … He’s not? ... Fine, I’ll come now.“

He closed the call and started cleaning up. *Looks like I’ll have to finish another day. I got another mission to do.*

[A/N: Thanks for reading guys~]