Who is he?

Behind the Mask

 

----------

You and Baekhyun stared into each other’s eyes. *Why wasn’t he getting off me?* you wondered. Your eyes took in what was in front of you. You’ve never really considered the fact that he was better looking than any of the other guys in the school.

Baekhyun was lost with mixed feelings inside of him. He had always admired you, from sitting behind you in class and sitting a few tables away from you during lunch, to being next to you while working on the project. The way you were so dedicated to what you do and how your personality can be fun and loving just amazes him. Not to mention how pretty you to him compared to other girls.

Okay, now he sounds like a creeper. But, he had never been this close to you before. Now that he was, he hoped that you couldn’t hear this heart pump out of his chest.

“Ohh~ What’s going on here?” a voice who sounded like D.O. said.

The two of you looked towards where it came from. D.O. and Chanyeol were there. “We were wondering where you guys went off to,” he continued.

Baekhyun scrambled off of you stood back up, helping you up afterwards.

“We go look for you and find you guys being intimate?” he laughed. “Right Chanyeol?”

“Er, yeah.” But Chanyeol wasn’t laughing with him. 

“It’s n-not what it looks like. I fell and I accidentally pulled him down with me. That’s all,” you explained. “Let’s go. Are the cupcakes all gone yet? I need to go home and finish my homework.” You awkwardly walked away, trying to avoid the moment.

While walking, you slighting patted your own cheeks as you felt them warm up.

----

Another average evening, you were outside in your backyard studying and doing homework once again. In the middle of typing up an essay, the doorbell rang.

You got up and opened the front door. Surprising, it was your uncle. “Hello chief, what are you doing here?”

He stepped inside before closing the door behind him. “I’m just checking up on you. You know, the usual. Making sure everything here is okay. Are you studying?”

“Yeah, I was. Do you want a cup of water?” You asked while walking to the kitchen.

“Yes please.” You came back and handed him the cup. “Thank you. I’m just going to stay here a while before I leave, so go back to your studying.”

“Alright.” You went back out and continued your essay.

Your uncle would come over to your house every once in a while to check on how things are going living by yourself. You didn’t mind it since you would get pretty lonely alone. And also because he was the only one left in your family.

You never got to experience the feeling of being in a loving family with a mom, dad, or siblings. You never got to go on family vacations like your classmates have. During school, you never had your parents come in for parent’s day or even have parents to watch you walk across the stage to accept your diploma when graduating primary or middle school.

Your uncle was a busy person and didn’t to go any of those events.

But you weren’t the only orphan. There was Chanyeol. His parents were gone when he was two years old. He had lived with his grandparents until they passed away in seventh grade. Amber and Kyrstal were too. They were adopted by some workers in SU-PA while Luna and Sully had parents working there. For Victoria, she had parents until they disappeared during a mission when she was 15. At least they had parents or had seen them before. For you, your parents were gone before you even remember.

The doorbell rang once. “I’ll get it!” You walked to the door and passed by your uncle who was casually sitting on the couch reading a newspaper that covered his entire face.

Sehun stood there when you opened the door. “Hey, what’s up?”

You let him walk inside. “Hey ~~~~~~, Chanyeol told me to come over to get the student council sign-up sheets you had?”

“Oh yeah! Let me go get it.” You ran to your room to find it.

While you were gone, Sehun was just standing there looking around the house he was in. He saw your uncle there with his newspaper still up in his face.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” Sehun greeted but your uncle ignored him. *Okay then…* Sehun thought.

Your uncle took a peek from his newspaper and looked over at Sehun. He rasied an eyebrow. *He looks like Jinhyung and Mieun’s son.* He shook his head. *It can’t be him, he disappeared along with them in the fire.* But then looked up again. *Is it possible?*

You got back with the papers. “Here you go.” Your uncle watched the interactions between you two.

“Tell Chanyeol that the limit for the posers is 30,” you continued.

“Alright, thanks,” Sehun said and left.

“Who is he?” your uncle asked while folding up the newspaper.

“The next door neighbor and a classmate,” you replied.

“What’s his name?” he asked.

“Sehun, why?” you questioned.

Your uncle cleared his voice before standing up. “Nothing, I just wanted to know. Well, I’ll be going now. Take care of yourself.”

“Yup, yup. I’ll see you soon,” you said. He went out the door and you closed the door then went back to your work.

Your uncle pressed the button in his keys to unlock his car door. He got in and started the engine. *Sehun? That sounds strangely familiar.*

[A/N: Sorry for the late update. Not really feeling it lately Dx Maybe you guys should msg me :) I don't bite~ Who am I kidding. No one is going to do that. Did you guys hear Beast's new song yet? Midnight. I wasn't that hooked the first time I listened to it but after listening to it a couple of times, I kind of like it. But their hairstyles, lol funky.]