Spring Fair

Behind the Mask

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjG-yv7iEOU

-------

“BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP” The sound of your alarm clock woke you up. You dragged your arm out and pressed on the snooze button. Slowly opening up your eyes, you looked at the time. *5:00AM. I need to get up and start baking the cupcakes for the fair today.*

After regular morning routine, you went to the kitchen and took out the supplies need for the 200 cupcakes you needed to bake. You were determined to finish in three hours before the fair started. With your apron on, you started mixing all the ingredients together creating the batter.

An hour later, you had finished baking two batches which only contained 24 cupcakes. *Why did I think I could do this myself? I still have 176 cupcakes to bake.*

Moments later, the doorbell rang. *Who could that be? It’s still early in the morning?* You opened the door to see Chanyeol. “Good Morning ~~~~~~.”

“What are you doing here so early? It’s only 6AM.”

“I’m here to help you with the cupcakes,” he said. “I don’t think you can really bake 200 cupcakes by yourself. How many have you made right now?”

“Twenty four. But I guess if you help out, I could finish quicker,” you replied.

“Great! Then let’s get to it!”

Chanyeol helped mix while you finished decorating the ones already baked and putting them into plastic containers.

“How’d you know I was going to wake up early to bake cupcakes?” you asked.

“I just woke up suddenly and I saw the lights in your house when I went down to get a drink of water.” Chanyeol finished pouring the batter into the pans. “I’ll be back. I’m going use our oven since yours is full,” he said before leaving.

Soon, Baekhyun, D.O., and Sehun came over to help out. Together, you managed to finish baking and decorating the 200 cupcakes needed.

Skips to the fair

It was a bright sunny day out with a blue sky along with little clumps of white clouds scattered. The school was decorated with posters and balloons that the student council had set up.

You had a clipboard in your hands while checking off the list of booths that were ready and set. You visited the junior booths one by one seeing all sorts of food they were selling or what kind of games they had. Finishing the job, you went back to your table which was now set up with colorful cupcakes. Each cupcake was worth two tickets.

Chanyeol, who was your partner in this, took care of the tickets and gave them the type of cupcake they wanted.

You sat back down next to Chanyeol as he gave another customer their cupcake.

“You’re done with the list?” he asked and you nodded.

“The cupcakes look really good,” you said. “Thanks for the help this morning.”

“You’re welcome.” Chanyeol smiled at you then watch as another customer came and you helped them with a carefree smile. *If you needed help with anything, I would help you. Stop trying to put all this work onto yourself.*

You sat back down and he was still staring. “What?”

“Nothing.”

Later, the principal stopped by. “Can I get a cupcake please?” He handed you the tickets and you gave him one. The principal took a bite out of it. “Oh, this is amazing. Did you bake these yourself ~~~~~?”

“I had some help,” you said smiling at Chanyeol.

“Well, you’re always impressing ~~~~~~. Keep up the good work,” he praised and left.

Three more hours into the fair, you decided to take a break and walk around to see how the other students were doing. You spotted a cotton candy booth and went over there to buy a stick.

While waiting in line, Baekhyun and D.O. appeared on both sides of you. “Hey guys, what are you doing here?”

Baekhyun smiled and answered, “We’re on a mission.”

You were going to ask what kind of mission but Baekhyun and D.O. suddenly picked you up by your feet and arms.

“What are you guys doing?! Put me down!” you screamed out. The other students started at the three of you and you were struggling to get out of their grasp.

They had finally put you down but in a spot surrounded by fences. “Why’d you bring me here?”

“Because you’re wanted.” D.O. held up what looked like a wanted sign.

“Wanted?...” You realized that this was a booth. A booth where people could spend a ticket to request a person to be jailed up for 10 minutes, not allowing them to escape until their time was up. Baekhyun and D.O. were in charge of capturing people.

They closed the fence and sat back at their table. You went over to them pleading them to let you out. “Come guys. Let me out. I have things to do.”

“Sorry ~~~~~~, but we have to go by the rules.” You could tell they were amused.

“Who paid a ticket to get me locked up anyways?” you asked.

“That’s a secret. We’re not authorized to tell you top secret information,” said Baekhyun.

*Fine be that way.* You tried to climb over the fence. “Don’t even try ~~~~~~. If you escape, we’ll catch you and put you back in here.”

*Aish.*

After a few minutes, you saw Luna and Krystal. They went over to you laughing at how you were caged up. “Get me out of here,” you whined.

“Now why would I want to do that?” Krystal said. “I spent a ticket to get you in here.”

You pointed your finger at her. “So it was you!” The two of them continued laughing and you rolled your eyes.

Ten minutes dreadfully went by and you were released. You went back to your cupcake booth and Chanyeol asked why you were gone for so long so you told him. “Oh really?” he smirked.

Shaking your head, you said, “You could go have your break now if you want.” He left and you continued help the customers.

Amber came by to visit you. “How has business been?”

“Pretty good,” you replied. Turning your head, you spotted Baekhyun and D.O. again with the wanted sign in their hands and they were coming towards you.

*Oh no. Don’t tell me they’re trying to catch me again…* Your eyes met with Baekhyun’s and you started to panic. “Err, hey Amber. Could you take over the booth for a bit?”

“Sure, but where are you going?” Amber asked. You slowly started backing away as Baekhyun and D.O. walked closer. “I’m going to go run!” With that, you ran away being chased by two guys who were after you.

A minute later, you were brought back to the jail with Baekhyun and D.O. holding both your arms.

“You’re really popular aren’t you?” Baekhyun asked. “Getting called in again.”

“Who was it this time?”

“I’m not telling you.” Baekhyun waved his index finger in front of you.

During the time in the jail, you were talking with the two of them along with Sehun who joined them later on. Then Chanyeol walked by while eating a popsicle stick. “Having fun?” he asked.

“Getting trapped is not fun,” you stated.

“Who put you in here anyways?”

“I don’t know…” You could see on his face that he was trying not the smile. Being the happy virus he was, that was impossible. “It’s you isn’t it?” The wide smile appeared and he nodded.

“Why would you do that! Because of you, I had to leave Amber in charge of the cupcakes!”

“Because it’s fun~,” he said before leaving.

It was now 4PM and the Spring Fair was about to end. You and Chanyeol were cleaning up the booth.

“How many cupcakes do we have left?”

Chanyeol looked over and counted the number of cupcakes that were left. “Twelve. What are you going to do with them?”

“I’m thinking of just giving them away. You could take some if you want. It was you and the guy’s hard work,” you said.

The other guys came over after they cleared their booth and you gave them free cupcakes also. When you were gone to turn in the tickets you had earned today, the guys started messing around.

The cupcake D.O. had slipped out of his hands and the cream fell on top of Chanyeol’s shirt. Chanyeol wanted pay back, so he caked him back in the face. That’s how a cupcake war started and somehow Baekhyun got into it. Sehun left them alone since he didn’t want anything to do with it.

When you came back, you were immediately caked on the side of your face. Wiping it off of your eyes, your turned your head to see Baekhyun.

His eyes widened. “~~~~~~~! That wasn’t meant for you! It was for D.O.” D.O. was right behind and he would have gotten hit if it weren’t for you.

You sighed and went over the table to grab a cupcake. Baekhyun ran away and you chased after him. He ran to the back of the school where it was all grass area. You chased him around a tree moving side to side.”~~~~~~~ I’m sorry! But you should have watched where you were walking into!”

“You’re blaming this on me? You should have checked to see if anyone would interrupt your caking session.” You were running after him but tripped from a hole in the dirt causing you to drop the cupcake onto the grass.

You squatted and picked up the messy cupcake. “Aww, such a waste.”

“Looks like you won’t be able to cake me anymore.” Baekhyun stuck his tongue out at you.

 “Oh hey! There’s an earthworm!” You pointed to the dirt.

“Where?” He bent over next to you and you quickly jabbed his face with the dirty cupcake. “You did not just do that.”

“Oh yes I did.” While you were cracking up next to him, he took the chance to get cream off of him and wipe it onto your face before getting up and leaving.

“Hey!” You grabbed his arm back but lost balance when squatting and pulled Baekhyun down along with you. He ended on top of you with his face only an inch away from yours. *Maybe I shouldn’t have done that,* you thought.