Working on the Project

Behind the Mask

-------------

You were at the gym getting some exercise. This is what you would usually do every other Sunday. Even though you had loads of work to do, one of your top priorities were to be fit and healthy.

It was just an average Sunday morning and you were on the treadmill. Your goal today was to run 10 miles. Your uncle had always made you set high goals to make you push yourself harder to do better.

After finishing three miles under 15 minutes, you decided to take a break. Grabbing your water bottle, you went to the gym’s café and sat at one of the tables.  

Kai and Suho had just come out of the gym. “Aww man, why isn’t there any hot girls here?” Kai complained.

“There were. They all rejected you,” Suho replied.

“Hey. No one rejects Kai. They weren’t that hot anyways,” Kai said. He looked away from Suho and his gaze landed on you. Out of everyone else in the room, it was like you were glowing. No other girl there could compare to your flawless skin and lovely figure even though you were sweating. “I found my next target.”

“Good luck with that.” Suho patted his back. “I’m going to leave now. See you later.”

You held up your phone while sipping on the frappuccino you had bought a little while ago. *Well there goes the calories I burned.* You sighed looking at the drinks nutrition facts and continued sipping on it.  Suddenly a stranger sat in front of you smiling. “Hello there.”

Startled, you choked on your drink and started coughing. “Oh I’m sorry. Did I scare you?” said the person. You held your hand in front of you. “I’m fine.” Even though you were still coughing. When your coughing died down, he introduced himself. “Hi, my name is Kai.”

You wiped your mouth then introduced yourself too. “I’m ~~~~~~~.”

“~~~~~~~~? That’s a pretty name,” He gave you his signature smile. *I don’t like the way he smiles.* you thought to yourself. *He’s definitely who all the girls chase after.* “Thanks. Kai is a… nice name also.”

“So do you come here often?” he asked.

“Actually, I do.” You pretended to look at the time on your phone. “Oh! Looks like my break it over. It was nice meeting you but I have to go now. Have a good day.” You quickly excused yourself from the table and went back into the gym.

You began your next mile by walking then slowing increasing your speed. Soon, another person started running next to you. You didn’t care until he called out your name. “Hey ~~~~~~~! I didn’t notice that you were right next to me.”

You turned your head to see Kai again. “Oh hi… Kai,” you said with your fake smile.

“So we meet again? It’s like fate destined us to meet each other again,” he said. *More like you were following me.* you thought and continued jogging.

For the rest of the time, Kai was just starting up conversations and asking questions. You just answered them with one word answers or nods. When he asked you about your opinion of something, he would say that he felt the same way too and go on about how you two were made for each other.

Finishing your 10 miles, you walked off the treadmill to go somewhere else and Kai followed you. “Where are you going?” he asked.

“I think I’m going to go shower then leave. Nice knowing you Kai,” you said before leaving to the girl’s locker room. *Hopefully, he won’t wait for me to come out.*

Kai started walking back. “She totally digs me. OH why didn’t I ask for her number! How stupid can I get! It’s probably too late now. Unless…”

You came out of the locker room all fresh and clean. You turned the corner to where the exit was.

“~~~~~~~~!”

There, standing in front of the exit was Kai. You wanted to hit yourself mentally for letting yourself be found again. “Hey…” You slightly waved to him.

“Are you headed home?” he asked.

“I have a doctor’s appointment that I have to go to.” You lied. You didn’t want him to follow you home.

“Aww really, I was thinking maybe we could go out to eat…”

“If fate lets us meet again then maybe we could go out and eat. I got to go before I’m late for my appointment so, bye Kai.” You walked out of the building hoping that he wasn’t following you. Thankfully we wasn’t. Still exhausted from running, you took your time walking home.

Soon, you made it onto the street you lived on. Not far in the distance, there was a figure walking in the opposite direction. You didn’t mind it until he looked more familiar as you got closer. That’s when you realized it was Kai. *What the- Did he really follow me home without me knowing?!* You tried hiding your face and walking a little faster so that he wouldn’t recognize that it was you.

Kai was walking and enjoying the wind blowing onto his face. He spotted a girl who looked like you walking quickly into a house. She was covering her face so he couldn’t tell if it really was. But you said you had an appointment so it couldn’t have been you. As far as he knew, there were no doctor offices here.

You were inside your house looking out the window and watched as Kai walked up to the front step of the house next door and go in. “Is Kai another one of their housemates?” you wondered. “Whatever.” You placed your bag down and got your laptop and supplies ready to go over to Baekhyun’s house.

Then it struck you. “Doesn’t that mean I’ll be seeing him again?! Oh god...”

You took your steps onto the front of the house next door and rang the doorbell. Moments later, someone unexpected opened the door. “Who are you?” he asked.

“I’m here to work on my project with Baekhyun. Who are you?” you said back to him.

“Baekhyun!” He let you into the house. “I’m Suho.”

“Nice to meet you Suho,” you said while looking around the house.

“Baekhyun’s upstairs. He should be coming down soon. You could sit down on the couch if you want.” He gestured his arm to the couch and you took a seat. “So you’re his classmate?”

You nodded. “Yeah.”

At that moment, Baekhyun came down the stairs. “Hey ~~~~~~~. Ready to start on the project?”

“Yeah, I brought the poster and my laptop.” You held up the objects in your hands.

“Great. You wouldn’t mind working in the living room right?” he asked. You shook your head. “Not at all.”

“Okay, then let’s start.”

In midway of working in the project, someone was coming down the stairs towards the living room. “Hey Baekhyun, do you happen to- wait who’s that?” Kai pointed to the girl who had her head down with her hand covering her face. He tilted his head to see what she looked like.

“She’s ~~~~~~, my classmate and also our neighbor,” Baekhyun explained.

“~~~~~~~? I knew it was you who I saw outside the house at first! Fate has made the decision to bring us together again!” He had a wide smile on his face.

You brought your hand away from your face. “Hi Kai… It’s nice seeing you here… for the third time today.”

Baekhyun looked up at Kai then to you. “Do you… know Kai?”

“I met him at the gym this morning,” you replied and he just nodded.

For the next 30 minutes, Kai was beside you talking and asking questions and you reacted the same way like at the gym. “Hey Kai,” said Baekhyun.

“Yeah?”

“Could you leave us alone so we could work on our project? It’s really important for our grade so could you just come back later when we’re done?”

“Alright. Talk to you later ~~~~~~.” With that, Kai went back up the stairs.

Kai left and went up the stairs. When he finally did leave, you sighed  and continued your work. Baekhyun laughed and you looked at him. “What?”

“He’s annoying you right? Don’t worry, he’ll run out of things to talk about and start bothering less." he said.

It was now 6:30PM and you and Baekhyun decided to take a break from the project.

“Are you hungry? We could tell Chanyeol to get some food for us before he comes home,” Baekhyun asked. You agreed to the plan and Baekhyun called Chanyeol to pick up 4 pizzas.

While waiting, you were on chat with Lulu again.

You: LULU

Babyfacelulu: ~~~~~~~ What’s up?

You: Over at my neighbor’s house working on our project. We’re taking a break now. What are you up to?

Babyfacelulu: Ah, you know same old same old. But oh! I need to tell you something. Do you remember the unicorn guy you met when we were playing? [A/N: The RPG game]

You: yeah, what about him?

He told you about how the unicorn guy kept dying from the monsters that attacked him. In the game, if you kept dying, you’d lose experience and lose levels if you lost too much. So the unicorn guy left the game on while he was out causing him to die so many times and now he was back to level one.

You: RLAB [A/N: See what I did there ;)]

You: OMG really? Wasn’t he like at level 70 when I met him?!

On your face, a smile arose and you started chucking in real life.

Babyfacelulu: It’s true :)

Baekhyun sat on the couch next to you and peeked at the screen. *She’s talking with Luhan again.*

The front door suddenly opened and the scent of pizza filled the house. “We’re home!” Chanyeol came in holding 4 boxes of pizza followed by Sehun and D.O.

“Hey ~~~~~~.”

“Hi.”

“What’s up ~~~~~~~.”

“Hey guys,” you said to them.

“Are you here to work on the project with Baekhyun?” D.O. asked. “Yup.”

“Let’s eat!” Chanyeol yelled out.

The seven of you ate all the pizza in less than 15 minutes. After eating, you and Baekhyun continued working on the project. Sehun entered the living room and the TV while the two of you worked.

“I think this should be enough for today,” said Baekhyun. The two of you only finished about one third of the entire project. “It’s getting late so let’s continue another day.” You agreed with it and started to pack up your things.

“Who wants ice cream!” you heard Chanyeol yell out from the kitchen.

“Do you want any? I’ll get you some,” Baekhyun said.

“Yes please.”

He went into the kitchen which left only you and Sehun in the living room. There was an awkward feeling but you didn’t mind it. “You don’t want any ice cream Sehun?” you asked him and he shook his head. You focused your attention onto the TV.

Baekhyun came back into the room with your bowl of ice cream along with his. He look over to your and you were too focused on the TV to notice that he was even there.

He noticed that you and Sehun both puffed up your cheeks were also in the same sitting position. He thought it was kind of strange but didn’t mind it.

“Here’s your ice cream.” You broke your gaze from the TV and accepted the ice cream. “Thanks,” you said before your attention went back to the screen. Later, Sehun left and came back with his own bowl of ice cream.

Baekhyun smiled at how you were so focused on the show with the spoon in your mouth. You left it there as you watched. When he looked at Sehun, he was doing the exact same thing. *Are they copying each other? But they’re not even paying any attention to anything but the TV.* Baekhyun wondered but shrugged it off.

You finally went home after finishing your ice cream.

After the TV show ended, Sehun went onto his computer to chat with someone.

Babyfacelulu: Hey Sehun. What’s up?

Derpfacehun: I’m just wondering when you guys are coming over to Korea.

Babyfacelulu: Hmm… I’m thinking it’s during the summer. Head chief still hasn’t confirmed when yet.

Babyfacelulu: Why do you ask? Are you missing me already? ;D

Derpfacehun: Yeah right. But I bet you’ll never guess who our neighbor is.

Babyfacelulu: Who? O_o’ Do I know them?

Derpfacehun: I’m pretty sure you know who she is…

[A/N: Now everyone in EXO-K has come into the picture! ^o^ & the poll from yesterday? Thanks for voting. haha it's no surprise that Luhan had the most votes. Don't worry, that won't determine anything in the story. I just wanted to know who my readers like best. For me, my bias in EXO is Chanyeol... who only had 2 votes (excluding my vote ><) but my EXO-M bias is Luhan lol Anyways, this story will end in alternate endings so everyone will be happy! :) yay~

&&&&&&

If you really can't wait for Luhan to appear, I have another fanfic featuring him. :) Check it out? I haven't started on it yet but I will after I finish the preparations for it.]