Chapter 8: Daisy

Even Silence is Beautiful

Chapter 8:Daisy

A 'Kaisoo' chapter...


A classical bedroom with a study table, one king-sized bed, large flat T.V. screen, big windows with the sun’s rays illuminating its light around the room and warmth lingers. The figure that was sleeping soundlessly fluttered his eyes open as he felt the warmth from the sun. He sat up, rubbed his eyes with one hand with his other hand reaching for the alarm clock before looking at it.

5:53 am

‘Too early, but good enough,’ he thought as he yawned.

After checking out what time it is, he got out of bed and stretched himself. Fully awake, he smiled as his sight turned to the picture of him and his lover. Letting himself out the trance, he snapped back to reality and did his morning routine.

~

After doing his morning routine and dressed himself up, the latter went down and was greeted by his brother.

“Good morning Kyungsoo,” his brother greeted him with a smile. Kyungsoo smiled and nodded his head. He went down and joined his brother in the table. Settling himself in his seat, he signed language a ‘Good morning to you too, hyung.’

Jongdae smiled and placed a plate in front of Kyungsoo that contained kimchi pancakes plus a hot chocolate.

Kyungsoo smiled and mouthed a ‘Thank you’ before taking a bite on the pancake. Chen smiled back and continued to drink his hot tea.

~*~

Birds chirping with the melody of the winds accompanying the melodic sound of the whispering flowers and leaves turning it into a pleasing music. The sun is up in the sky showing its rays throughout the busy city of Seoul. The rays of the sun were being deflected by the window curtains until a certain someone opens it up.

The rays passed through the windows without the curtains blocking it which reached a certain someone’s face. The person on the bed groaned in annoyance. He turned his head to the side, but the rays kept following him.

Groaning in annoyance, he sat up and rubbed his eyes. While rubbing his eyes, he heard a familiar chuckle.

“Omona....isn’t my Kai cute when he is annoyed?” someone uttered with a slight teasing lingering in the tone. Kai opened his eyes and looked at the person who is standing beside the curtain. A smile broke out on his face.

“Eh? Really?? I didn’t know I was cute. Could you prove it to me Taeminnie?” A smirk was formed on the latter’s face as he gestured the person to come near him. A playful smile formed on Taemin’s face. He complied and hugged his boyfriend and gave a soft kiss on the younger’s lips.

Pulling away, he saw the blush crept on his boyfriend’s face. He chuckled, adoring the cuteness of his lover.

“See? You’re cute!” Taemin complimented with a playful smile. Kai smiled back, knowing fully that he’s cute and handsome at the same time. He just wants to have this playful morning. He planted a soft kiss on the older’s lips as they let themselves fall into bliss.

~*~

Arriving at school in a loose-ripped white T-shirt plus black tight jeans and paired with blue sneakers. He arrived on the school with his boyfriend with intertwined hands as they enter the school campus, not showing any humiliation. Why would they? They’re in love and no one can tell them what to do and tell them who they are should be with. Girls and boys started to gather around them and some of them squealed as one of the two flashed a smile to them that made the crowd go wild.

The two left the crowd and went to the dance room with intertwined hands.

“I guess I need to drop you off here, Kai. I’m going to meet someone today from the Wu’s family. They said they want me to organize their son’s party and all. I’ll see you later, okay?” Taemin uttered as he pecked Kai in the lips and skipping off without missing saying an ‘I love you!’ to Kai.

Kai chuckled and smiled before muttering an ‘I love you too’ before entering the dance room.

~*~

Arranging the Chrysanthemums and Azalea flowers, spraying waters to freshen them up as the chime of the bells echoed in the room. Putting down the spray bottle, Kyungsoo quickly went out of the flower section room and went to the counter.

As he entered the main room, he saw none other than his brother.

Chen

Kyungsoo sat on the chair and sign language telling him, "What is it?" Chen grinned and held in front a bouquet of flowers to Kyungsoo who automatically smiled as he eyed the flowers with a sparkle and joy.

‘It’s beautiful,’ he thought as he mouthed a ‘thank you’ to Jongdae.

Kyungsoo took the bouquet of flowers and mouthed, "Where did you get it?" Chen smirked before smiling idiotically.

“I found it near our cherry blossom tree; it was right behind it and was plenty. I was amazed in its colour, and the first person I thought was you...so I decided to bring it to you,” Chen uttered with a soft smile plastered in his face.

Kyungsoo smelled the flowers and smiled. The flowers smells nice and gave out a refreshing feeling as if rejuvenating the energy to any tired person.

Kyungsoo took out a vase from the shelf and poured out pure water and a gel-like substance inside the transparent vase, followed by putting the bouquet of flowers in it which is a Forget-me-not flower which means True Love.

He smiled at the perfection of the flowers plus the vase. He put it beside the counter and smelled the flowers again forgetting momentarily his brother’s presence. It only reminded him, when he heard his brother chuckle. He gave him a look which his brother knew well.

"What are you doing?"

Chen chuckled once more before answering his younger brother’s question.

“Oh it’s nothing. I just adored how cute my younger brother is.” Chen waved off his hand and left the shop. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes before going back to the flower section room until the bell rang again.

He turned around and saw his assistant. He smiled and gestured him to put on the red apron with a name tag- Oh Sehun- in it.

His assistant bowed, mouthing a sorry before getting the red apron and put it on. After putting it on, Kyungsoo mouthed, "How are you? Did anything good happen in the hospital?"

Sehun nodded and took out his white board from his bag and starting to write down his answer.

I’m fine. The patient’s pneumonia is gone. The surgery was successful from what I have heard from Suho hyung. That patient was not-really-under care of us for 4 years. So it was grateful to know that the patient’s pneumonia was gone, Suho hyung was the happiest one. -_-''

Kyungsoo chuckles out a puff of air at the emoticon that Sehun wrote. He smiled and was relieved to know that Sehun and Suho are happy. He was happy of course, if Suho or Sehun is happy, he would also be happy.

Just then, the bell rang on his ear again. The two boys turned their heads to the door and bowed. Straightening themselves up, they look at the customer. Both of them smiled widely. It was their favourite customers.

It was none other than Lee Taemin and Byun Baekhyun.

~*~

Boys and girls in silence as they listen to their professor who is checking their attendance.

The austere-looking professor scanned his class record and checked if his students are present. One by one he called them out, until he stop by a certain name to which that certain person didn’t answer.

“Kim Jongin.”

No answer.

He looked up from his record and scanned the room. He looked at Kai’s seat and found him, still not there. He raised an eyebrow before putting down the class record. He looked at his watch. It was....

9:59 am

Only one minute left. The professor watched as the hand tick.

3...

2...

1...

0...

“I’M HERE!!”

And he came in late. The professor broke off his stare at his watch and looked at the said person.

“You’re late of 1 second Kim Jongin. Or should I say...Dance Instructor Kai.” The professor’s tone was mocking, of course. And the professor was not amused that his student was late and it was a daily scene. Checking of attendance, finding Jongin not in his seat, checking the time and counting how minutes or seconds left, then Jongin came in, and tell how many seconds he is late. Yeah. You get my point. So was Jongin. He wasn’t amused by the mocking tone the professor gave him. And besides, it was a daily scene; he already got used to it.

“Sit down now and stay later. I’ll be giving you your warning slip.” His professor said as he gestured him to sit down. Kai shrugged it off like it was nothing. This is the 50th time, he is going to receive his warning slip, not that he cared that much. So, as he sat down and hang his bag on the left side of his table, he let himself doze off from the tiredness he is feeling now. And also, he doesn’t care of the lessons anyways. Just a good rest would do for him right now at this moment.

~*~

"So, what may we get for you, hyungs?"

Taemin chuckled at Sehun’s cuteness while Baekhyun smiled at him. Both of them went to the counter and took a look on the flowers category.

Eyes sparkling at the different kinds of flowers; they finally chose after a minute of two.

“I choose a white Chrysanthemum plus Holly and please make them a bouquet.” Taemin smiled to Kyungsoo and pocketed out his wallet.

I choose a white Camellia and please make them a bouquet also.

Baekhyun wrote in a piece of paper before giving it to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo nodded his head and gave the piece of paper to Sehun in which Baekhyun’s order is stated. Sehun nodded his head and left the three to get the flowers. Kyungsoo checked the amount of the flowers they ordered and wrote in a notepad the amount of their orders.

"White Camellia is 30000 K-won and White Chrysanthemum and Holly is 35000 K-won"

Baekhyun nodded his head and took out the money from his wallet, the same goes for Taemin and both gave their money to Kyungsoo. Just then, Sehun came back holding two bouquets of flowers in his hands. He handed the White Camellia to Baekhyun and White Chrysanthemum to Taemin. The two smelled the flowers and a smile broke out on their faces.

Then, Kyungsoo thought of something. He borrowed Sehun’s white board and scribbled down his thought. He knocked on the wooden counter and caught Taemin and Baekhyun’s attention. He held it up and both of them read what it contains.

Taemin ah, why did you choose a White Chrysanthemum when you always buy Witch-Hazel and Baekhyun why did you choose a White Camellia? Why did both of you chose a flower that differs the other flowers that you bought from this shop?

Silence entered the shop until Taemin broke it. He chuckled, waving off his hand.

“It’s nothing Kyungsoo. I just thought of buying a White Chrysanthemum. I noticed that I kept buying the same flowers for 2 years already, so I thought of buying a different flower this time,” Taemin responded. Kyungsoo nodded his head and looked at Baekhyun.

I don’t know. I just thought of buying a White Camellia...than a Yellow Camellia which meant Longing. It feels like a bit weird...

Baekhyun wrote down in a piece of paper and gave it to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo read it and nodded his head.

Taemin looked at his watch before smiling.

“Well, I need to go now, need to go pick up Kai at school. Bye Kyungsoo. Bye Sehun. Bye Baekhyun.” Taemin bowed before leaving them. Baekhyun sighed and looked at his watch.

‘Kai?’ Kyungsoo thought to himself as he remembered Taemin mentioning his name a few times.

Baekhyun looked at Kyungsoo and mouthed that he needed to go. Kyungsoo nodded his head and smiled.

Baekhyun bowed and bid farewell to Sehun and Kyungsoo by waving his hand and left the shop.

Sehun stretched himself before going outside to water the plants while Kyungsoo was thinking about a name that won’t get off his mind.

Kai

That name kept repeating on his mind and won’t get off. He shaked it off and decided to busy himself by assorting the newly delivered flowers.

~*~

Kai skipped his class and didn’t bother to stay to get his warning slip, since he was too bored and wanted to get some fresh air for awhile. Strolling at the park near the school, he finds himself turning to a corner. He doesn’t know why he turned but his legs just led him. He shrugged it off and let his legs carry him to wherever his legs wanted him to be.

~*~

Kyungsoo finished arranging the flowers inside his shop and decided to water the plants outside his shop.

Carrying a flower water pot, he went outside and stood in front of his shop. Checking the petals of each flower that he loved, he watered them with full of love and care.

~*~

Now, listening to his IPod and moving his head up and down with closed eyes; he didn’t notice that he was going to bump into a person.

Until both of them fell.

~*~

Kyungsoo was busy watering his plants not bothering to pay attention to his surroundings. He didn’t notice that a young man was going to bump him until both of them bumped into each other.

~*~

Groaning in annoyance, Kai looked at the person he bumped into and he regretted ever looking at him.

The boy in front of him was a beautiful creature that he had ever seen.

He stared at the boy and observed him from head to toe. Ayoung boy that is a bit shorter than him, small doe eyes, pale white skin, pink kissable lips, checkered blue cross red polo plus a loose dark blue jeans and a pair of blue sneakers.

He felt his heart beats fast and heard his heart thumps every second.

Meanwhile, Kyungsoo was mentally hissing in his mind in annoyance with closed eyes, feeling the pain in his . He felt someone staring at him and he couldn’t help but be uncomfortable and look at the person who bumped into him.

The moment he saw the person who bumped into him, his eyes widen and his cheeks flustered in shades of pink. His heart beating fast and his cheeks are burning pink.

They stared at each other until Kai broke it off with a cough and stood up; brushed off some imaginary dust in his shirt and helped Kyungsoo stand up.

As their hands touched, an electric shock ached in their body. Kyungsoo pulled off his hand and brushed off the dust in his pants and mouthed a ‘sorry and thank you’ to Kai.

Kai caught his mouthing and nodded his head before apologizing.

“Err....I’m sorry for bumping into you...I wasn’t looking on my way,” Kai uttered, scratching his nape nervously and shyly. Kyungsoo nodded his head and sign language him. – ‘It's okay. You don’t need to apologize’

The good thing is, Kai learned how to sign language and what they meant. He understood and gave out a smile.

Kyungsoo felt his heart skip a beat and his cheeks flustered once again into pink.

“Annyeong, I’m Kim Jongin.” Kai uttered with a smile, not forgetting his heart is beating fast for no reason. Kyungsoo nodded his head and mouthed his name.

‘Do Kyungsoo.’

Kyungsoo said with a smile that made Kai’s heart skip a bit. He wasn’t expecting the boy’s smile was beautiful and he could feel his cheeks warm up.

Just then, Kyungsoo’s phone buzzed. Kyungsoo took out his phone and looked who texted him.

Kim Joonmyeon

A smile broke on his face.

It was a different smile that Kai had ever seen. It was different from the one he gave him awhile ago. The smile that he was wearing now was warm and happy. While Kyungsoo gave him awhile ago was just a simple smile but albeit it’s like that, the smile was warm and cute that made Kai’s heart leap.

From: Joonmyeonnie~<3

Kyungie~ Are you finished at work? Are you doing something? My shift has ended early. I was thinking of having a dinner date with you later. Text me back~

Love you honey!

Kyungsoo chuckled inwardly before replying to him.

To: Joonmyeonnie~<3

I’m already finished watering the plants outside my shop. I’ll be closing around 5 pm. Yes! I would like to have a dinner date with you ~! Just text me when and where we should meet, neh?

Love you too Joonmyeonnie~

After pressing the send button, Kyungsoo pocketed his phone and looked at Kai who was staring at him. He blushed before he picked two daisies and put it in front of Kai who snapped out of his daydream.

He looked at the flower before looking at Kyungsoo, who immediately knew what he wanted to say.

He sighed soundlessly before mouthing, ‘Think of this as a gift from me, a gift for our meeting on this unexpected day.’

Kai blinked before chuckling and took the daisies from Kyungsoo’s hand. He smelled the flowers and for the first time, he appreciated its smell. He was never a fan of flowers. Never in his whole life had he ever thought of holding a flower (but the bouquet of flowers for his boyfriend was an exception though.) He doesn’t hold flower unless there’s an occasion or something.

But this day is different, he just accepted the flowers without rethinking to take it or not. He just took it and even smelled the flowers!

Well...the flowers came from a beautiful creature (Kyungsoo-From Jongin’s eyes) who he just met a little awhile ago by bumping into him.

Kai adored the flower’s colour and smell.

It was a beautiful flower.

Just like the person that is in front of him.

Kyungsoo, who is not himself for a few seconds, chuckled finding Kai cute and adorable. And by that time, he was shocked by his thought. The person he just met is cute and adorable? Isn’t that going overboard?

For Kyungsoo, why yes, yes it is.

He shaked his head and signed language to Kai.

‘I’ll be going now. It was nice meeting you Jongin ah.’

Kai nodded his head and smiled.

“I’ll be going too. It was nice meeting Kyungsoo-sshi.”

Both of them shake hands and parted ways. Jongin going to take another stroll while Kyungsoo going back inside his shop to check out the deliveries to be made.

But before going, Kai looked back and watched Kyungsoo enter his shop and a smile formed on his face.

He looked at the flower and smelled it.

“Kyungsoo....Kyungsoo....What a nice name.”

“’Hoping to see you again’ is what Daisy meant. Well...maybe I’ll be visiting you in your shop for some quite time, Kyungsoo-sshi.”

A wide smile formed on Kai’s face as he replayed back their meeting. It was pretty hilarious for Jongin but, nonetheless, it was a very nice.

It’s not bad befriending someone, right?


A/N: Hello~ *cheery smile* So took out some unimportant parts here and changed a few. So for the readers who have seen this, might want to check what is missing? Just rate it into 1-10. 1-5 means that some are revised and some parts are removed and it's still the same but from 6-10 it means that there's a lot of changes but it's still the same as it is.

So I hope you liked it?

Oh, right. For those who have answere dthe questions, I want to thank you for answering them :) It was a survey from my friend. So I have a question again (but this time, it's mine) and a favour. A tiny favour, though.

Question: How long have you been in AFF?

And for the favour...for those who are graphic artists...who may help me up and make me a banner for this story? If there's none of you, it's okay though ^^ Just tried >< Well, have a nice day :)

Lots of Love from mellissa <3