Chapter 36: Twisted Air

Even Silence is Beautiful

Chapter 36: Twisted Air


 “Is there something bothering you, Sehun?” Woohyun asks, eyes gazing at the younger boy who is sitting beside him. Sehun took him out for a tour outside the balcony garden, enjoying the fresh air and nature. Even though he can’t see anything at all, he could sense when something is off and now, he senses that something is wrong with Sehun, that something is bothering him.

Sehun didn’t respond for a moment, calmly watching the garden spree of beauty, watching the breeze plays along with nature before he answers,

“’It’s nothing, Woohyun hyung. I’m okay,” he says calmly. Woohyun stares at him for awhile, before letting out a sigh.

“You’re not Sehun. I could definitely know that something is bothering you, now that you told your answer. You can’t hide it from me, you know,” Woohyun states to him, earning a scoff from Sehun.

“Yeah, right.”

“Sehun.”

“Sheesh, fine. You won, okay?”

Sehun shakes his head in dismay, letting the silence envelope them before he lets out a long sigh that caught Woohyun’s attention.

“Is it about Luhan?” he says and the moment of silence tells him that it is about Luhan. His hand pats the bench that they are sitting on, trying to locate Sehun’s hand and when he did, he clasps his hand with his, squeezing the younger’s hand in comfort.

Sehun isn’t affected by the sudden action, totally not minding it. He knew Woohyun’s intention: to comfort him and that’s okay, because he thinks he needs it right now. Other than crying his pain all alone, he shares it with Woohyun, his own very patient that he’s been taking care of since he first started. He poured all the things he had been carrying to Woohyun and he was thankful to Woohyun because the older didn’t talk out the things he said or gave his opinion or so, but only listened to him, patting his back and squeezing his hands in comfort and care.

Woohyun is like his refuge; a shelter that he could find peace and comfort.

It’s good, he concludes, to have someone beside you, to have someone share the pain that you carry, but he thinks that he is selfish, selfish of only thinking his own welfare only and not Woohyun’s condition, wherein his patient is already undergoing a hard time and he has to add to it.

But Woohyun told him that it’s okay, to share his pain, because a broken soul needs another broken soul to tend to each other’s need. And Sehun is grateful for having such a nice guy as his patient, for letting such a person live in an optimistic life despite all.

“What have I done to deserve this punishment? This pain, this waiting, this false hope, everything, what have I done to deserve all these things?” Sehun hoarsely says, feeling his throat itchy and constricted all of a sudden. Woohyun squeezes his hand more, feeling the absolute pain lingering in Sehun’s voice.

“It’s not your fault, Sehun. It’s not your fault. It’s no one’s fault,” Woohyun responds to him, giving a light squeeze to Sehun’s hand again.

A tear slips from his eye.

“Then whose fault is it? Because fate is so cruel, hyung. It’s so cruel for playing someone’s life as if it’s a game of patience. The one, who breaks first, loses. It’s an unfair game, hyung. Such an unfair game. A very unfair game,” Sehun croaks out and not too long, tears rolls down to his cheeks that Woohyun decided to remain quiet instead, because further answering it won’t do any help at all.

He loosened his hold at Sehun’s hand, letting his arms stretch out to pull the younger into an embrace as Sehun sobs on his shoulder, crying out the pain his heart is carrying. Even though the pain might never end in his heart, but the release of pain is needed so much so that his heart could rest a bit, even for a second, he asks, because everything is just so unbearable already.

Sehun cries once again that day, not being able to hold the pain that his heart carried at all as Woohyun pats his back, comforting the broken soul that is hurting every day.

 

Sehun closes the door behind him. After what happened in the balcony, Sehun returned Woohyun to his room, letting the older to take a rest and have himself finish the paper works, but before that, he decides to visit Ciela, one of the longest patient to be confined in the hospital, and have some nice chat with her for awhile.

He takes the clipboard from the information desk after filling it with data and heads to Ciela’s room. He opens the door of the room, almost greeting Ciela as soon as he opened the door, but found someone together with Ciela.

He stood at the doorway, frozen on his spot as he tries to figure out what to do at all. But saving himself from that, the person who is with Ciela, turns around and casted him a welcoming look.

“Ah, what do we have here? A nurse,” the man says and Sehun hints the thick accent from the man who is wearing a lab coat. Ciela moves to side, sighting him at the doorway, frozen in place.

“A nurse?” she asks, wondering who.

“Yes, there is a nurse, Ciela. A guy, not to mention it.”

“Really? So it’s Suho, then?” Ciela asks with an expecting tone in her voice. The man laughs at her question before ruffling her hair and casting Sehun a look.

“I think he’s not Suho, Ciela. And besides, Suho is not even a nurse to begin with, Ciela.”

“What do you mean?” Ciela looks at the man, tilting her head in confusion and the man smiles at her, useless, but still he smiles at her.

“Suho is not a nurse but a doctor, Ciela. He’s a doctor, not a nurse. He pretends to be a nurse, in fact he pretends that he doesn’t know half of the medical field, but he knows it all. He only pretends to be a nurse, Ciela, he’s a doctor, not a nurse,” the man replies to her question, so calm and casual.

And Sehun wonders why he is still standing at the doorway when Suho’s identity is being revealed by the man to Ciela, who Suho tried so hard not let her know due to the fact that Ciela has a hating for doctors and only likes nurses and is a picky one if it involves doctors.

When Sehun regained himself again after the shock, he quickly tries to save the situation.

“Who are you?” Sehun asks the man who simply destroyed the relationship between Ciela and Suho. The man laughs at him, instead of answering it with a proper answer. He didn’t pay attention to him but paid attention to the busy girl on the bed.

“Don’t be angry at Suho, Ciela. He has his reasons. Are you okay, though?”

Ciela sighs, before nodding her head.

“Yeah, I’m okay. Just shocked, that’s all. I’m not angry at him, just disappointed that he didn’t tell me what he really is. He really had me believed that he is a nurse, you know. I bet he fooled everyone here. But that’s okay for me, if he has his reasons, then its fine,” she replies, her blue eyes circling with emotions before she huffily lays on her bed, taking the warm blanket with her as she turned her back to the two males, completely showing that she is thinking and maybe really disappointed or so.

The man smiles a bit, caressing Ciela’s hair before pulling his hand away and turns his attention to Sehun.

“Ah, young man, what could I do for you?” he asks with a smile, completely ignoring Sehun’s question before.

“I’m asking who are you?” Sehun repeated his question, the thickness of his voice noticeable at his tone that sends the man having an amused smile.

“Well, well, such a brave young man. Suho really picked a great assistant, isn’t that right? Oh Sehun?” the man playfully replies to Sehun, avoiding to answer the question that has been repeated to him. Sehun raised an eyebrow, not affected by his statement, but bewildered at the gathered knowledge of the man in front of him. When the man notices his look, he smiles mockingly, laughing out in apology.

“Ah, my my. Where are my manners? I should probably answer you, shouldn’t I?” When he received no answer, he just nods his head and proceeds, “Nice to meet you Oh Sehun. I’m Jung Daehyun. Head Surgeon in Operation.”

 

“Why did you tell Ciela about Suho hyung’s true identity?” Sehun asks with a subtle accusation lingering in his voice. The surgeon casted him a glance before putting up a smile.

“Ciela will know it one way or another, so I did Suho a favour,” he replies smugly at him. Sehun raised an eyebrow at him, eyes scanning the figure in front of him.

“I haven’t seen you around here. Are you new here?”

Daehyun shifts his gaze to the window, eyes darkening a bit and the air shifts. Sehun felt the change of the atmosphere, but he stayed and waits for his reply.

“No, I’m not. I’m from the East department, moved to the West department. If you’re going to ask why you aren’t seeing me, then I’ll tell you that I work on evenings. When I moved to the West department, my schedule changed to morning until evening, not evening until morning.”

“Oh? Really?” Sehun just nods his head and after a moment, silence enveloped them. The hallway is illuminated with lights yet the feeling is awkward and stiff. Sehun tried to think of something to say, but then he thought it was the best to leave and join Suho and Lay.

He was about to leave when Daehyun spoke,

“Do you know why Suho likes to pretend to be a nurse, Sehun?’ Daehyun casts him a look and their eyes met. The familiar emotion of curiosity fills Sehun’s eyes and Daehyun knew that Sehun didn’t now the whole story yet.

“He told me that everybody in the building know except for the patients and that he tried to tell the other staffs to call him nurse to live up the fake play. He told me that it was because it’s easy to approach the patients when he is a nurse instead of a doctor,” Sehun replies, doubt lingering in his voice. What Daehyun asked was simply confusing at the same time intriguing, because the way the older said it, the younger could sense that there is a lot from Suho’s identity.

A small smile graced on Daehyun’s lips.

“So he hadn’t told you the real reason why huh?”

“Real reason?

“Yeah, real reason why he kept his identity of being a doctor hidden.”

Sehun could feel his heart race at the statement and he feels the anxious feeling of knowing what it is as Daehyun beckoned him to sit down  on the waiting bench as he leaned on the wall and tells,

“It started like this…”

“Ji! Ji! Hang in there! You’re going to make it, okay? You’re going to make it! Just hang in there until we get to the emergency room. I’ll operate on you and you’ll be okay. Hang in there, Ji!” Suho begs the dying girl in her hands as he runs to the hospital.  Ji smiles at him, so weak and forced, as she reaches out her hand and touches Suho’s face, scarlet blood decorating her pale hands.

“Joonmyeon…” she whispers weakly to him. Suho cast her a look, eyes filled with concern and anxiousness.

“Hang in there Ji! We’re almost there!”

Suho arrives at the hospital, shouting at the nurses present on the hallways, telling them to get the stretcher and prepare the operating room. Once the stretcher is on sight, Suho gently placed the pale girl on the stretcher and quickly the nurses and he pushed the stretcher towards the operation room. On their way, Ji held Suho’s hand, and Suho almost shudders at the coldness of her hand.

She looks at him with a concerned look, eyes dazed yet firm as if she wanted to tell something to him. Suho meets her gaze, eyes filled with worry and panic.

“Just a little more, Ji! We’re there, almost, just hang in there,” Suho cries out her and she smiles at him knowingly, so light and contented. Suho’s eyes widen at the sight as he placed his other hand on her hand, clasping it very hard as he tried to sense the beating of her weak heart.

“Ji! Hang in there! Don’t give up on me!”Suho begs as tears started to pool on his eyes. Ji casted him one last look before she smiles warmly at him, her eyes turning crescent adorning her face even if it is bloodied; she still looks so beautiful.

“Joon…myeon…I lo…ve…yo..u..” Ji whispers with her silky voice before she closes her eyes and her hand falling from Suho’s hands.  They stopped running towards the operating room as Suho calls out to her name, yelling and begging her to come back as he breaks down on the hallway; his heart breaking into two as the moon shows up with a scarlet light, the blood on his hands reflecting the blood of his lover.

“JI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

The air stiffens as Daehyun finished the story, Sehun wiping the tears that fell from his eyes and the sudden coldness crawls on his body.

“I…what happened to the girl? What happened to her? How did she…” he trails off as Daehyun pockets his hands on his coat, eyes blank and dim.

“She got in a car accident and luckily Suho was in the same street when she got into a car accident. And fortunately the hospital is near, so that why he carried her there, but unfortunately, she didn’t make it since she lost too much blood. That day was the most tragic for Suho since that day was also the day of their anniversary,” Daehyun replies, his voice turning monotone all of a sudden but Sehun didn’t notice it.

Sehun could feel the pain in his chest as he heard the story. He didn’t know that Suho got that dark past in his life. He didn’t know that it’s because of that, that he decided to pretend as a nurse and hide his identity of being a nurse. He didn’t know that Suho suffered a lot in the past, but yet again, Kyungsoo was the one, who tend to him, took care of him and took him out of his depressed state. Kyungsoo repaired him back all together and healed his scarred heart.

Sehun feels the need to thank Kyungsoo for all of what he did to Suho, for taking care of him and helping him to get back on his feet.

“What is her name? Suho hyung’s first lover?” the younger asks curiously, eyes twinkling in curiosity and sympathy.

Daehyun glances at him for a moment, before turning around and take his leave, but before that, he replies to his question

“Zhang Ji. Zhang Ji is her name.”

~*~

Chanyeol sits at the usual corner dine, having a cup of tea settled on the table, hot and fragrant. He looks outside, a bit daze and thinking something a bit too hard and deep. They have some progress as he had checked on it, the memories are coming back bit by bit but there is no progress at the coming of the voice.

He thinks that he’s been thinking of it too fast, to think that Baekhyun would regain his voice so early that they have only started the session since a few days ago. Chanyeol heard from Jongin that they are also having the session of having Kyungsoo regain his voice back. It’s good news, a very good one, since Chanyeol heard a lot from Baekhyun about Kyungsoo and how things end up that way. And he thinks that that fate is cruel once again, playing one’s lives like a game.

Just cruel, he thought.

He suddenly remembers the memories back then, the good ones first before it shifts to the bad ones. How his world came crashing all together in one day and how his life turned for the worst. Life is just really a game, he concludes, playing the pieces so easily, living the life of a chess piece in the world of survival and death and when everything goes wrong, when the player makes the wrong move, everything ends so easily.

Game over.

Just like that, life is so short and easy that everything passes by so freely yet time doesn’t seem to care for people at all. And to regard about his life, he thinks that the time is drawing close, where everything will end soon. Not only his, he assumes, but also for others. There will be the time, the day, where everything will end; their storyline in this world would end in just a pop and nothing.

And so his life, his storyline in this world together with Baekhyun would be over soon, when everything is settled all together and is on the right places. Good, bad, happy or sad ending, it doesn’t matter anymore. All that matter is, are the memories that have been created during those time that have been spent, good or bad, cherished or pained, it doesn’t matter anymore.

Because memories aren’t worth to be kept when everything comes in mixed ways that it’s so confusing and unbearable enough to handle anymore.

He smiles bitterly; thinking of life is just so tiring and hard to deal with. Why was he doing this anyways? Oh right, Baekhyun isn’t in the café today, by the fact that Wu family went out for a trip in Daegu yesterday and that he is currently resting at the house  for today as he have heard it from Kris. He sent his message to Baekhyun awhile ago, telling him to rest well and tell him what he had done in Daegu yesterday to him when they meet again.

Baekhyun changed a lot, since the last time he saw him. The young, playful and cheerful child had grown to a beauty. Sweet, cheerful, playful and had grown to a mature man.  The young child, the young best friend and the young first love had grown to a complete different person now. Still the same, but he had grown to beautiful man, so mature and taking up his role and responsibility more.

The once young hyung that he had looked up to and been with has changed, so new and strange that it hurts. Everything hurts, he had concluded as he takes a thought of it. He had known Baekhyun existence since the start actually, since the first time he first heard the melody of the piano. He knew it was him, the person that he had been waiting for a long time now, he knew it was him. Even though, he couldn’t see the face, but by the same stand, the same play and the gracefulness of the fingers that taps the keys, he knew its Baekhyun, he lost long best friend.

He was happy, yes, but soon it fades away and was replaced with confusion and sadness. There are a lot of things he wanted to ask about Baekhyun, lot of questions to throw to the older and answers to be revealed, but knowing that Baekhyun is mute and lost his memories, he pushes it all away and everything was replaced with disappointment with a line of sympathy for the older.

He wants to help Baekhyun to regain his voice back, to let the older know what it’s like to hear his voice again and to also recover the memories on the process. It may take time, but it doesn’t matter to Chanyeol. All that matters is that Baekhyun to regain his voice and memories back and everything ends with a few final touches.

He takes another sip on his tea, feeling the hot tea flows down to his dry throat. He sighs, feeling contented and suddenly, an unsettling feeling settled back on his stomach since he woke up. He knew something is up on this day, but he didn’t try to mind it, shaking it off, but when the unsettling feeling came back, he knew something is off and he needs to pay attention to it.

His right eye twitches, his fingers wrapped at the porcelain cup, bringing the exquisite tea cup on his lips and take a sip again, to fill his stomach and stop the tightening of his chest. He settles the cup back again on the table when a familiar voice echoes in his ears that the twist of his stomach grew harsher and stronger and Chanyeol takes note of it and realizes why.

“Hello, Chanyeol.”

His head was bowed a little, not being able to see the person in front of him, but he assumes that he doesn’t need it anymore, because he knows too well who the person in front of him. The corner of his lips twitches downwards, wanting to frown at the uninvited guest, but he suppresses it and tries to conceal it with a poker face. He looks up, eyes gazing to the beautiful lady in front of him, taking notice of her soft features.

She hasn’t changed one bit.

Her eyes were still hazelnut, long brown hair gracefully flowing until her waist, her face still the same and she seems so young and still innocent since the last time he met her. He really wanted to frown, but he doesn’t want to be rude to the guest, so instead he forced a smile, hurtful and so forced.

“Hi,” he says blankly, not minding his monotone voice. The lady in front of him doesn’t seem to be affected, but instead she smiled, her eyes turning crescent as she smiles.

“It’s nice to see you again, Chanyeol,” she softly says with her warm smile. Chanyeol forced his smile to be a bit wider, trying to conceal his true feelings in front of the lady.

“Yeah, it’s nice to see you again, Ying Mi.”

They shared their smiles, greetings, fake or not, the day is up turning the half into black as Chanyeol meets her again.

His ex-girlfriend is back.

~*~

“Does it hurt? Do you feel nausea or something?”Suho asks with concern as he takes a look at the almost soaked cotton. He took blood from Lay for the monthly blood test result to check if there is anything wrong or not. Lay shakes his head, telling him that he is okay and that he doesn’t feel anything.

Suho sighs and nods his head, but still worried for the younger’s health and what could happen to him.

“Okay then, if you say so. Just push the button or pull the string if you need me, okay? I’ll be in my office when you need me,” the older says before giving the younger a warm smile, clasping his hand with the other’s before pulling it away and left the younger’s side.

As Suho left, Lay felt an unsettling feeling his stomach, a very bad one as he could sense it. He doesn’t know what it is, but he had been feeling it for the past few days and he could guarantee that it wouldn’t turn out good at all.

He tries to ignore it, but the overbearing feeling is just too strong that it can’t be ignored at all.

The flowers dance a bit, playing along with the breeze outside; the room seems to look so small, hollow and empty, the silhouette of darkness swallowing half of the room.

 

Suho takes half of an hour in the library, finishing the test results of the blood. So far, there is no problem at all, everything is negative and all is well. He walks until the information desk, taking a thorough look at the new data that he had accumulated.

Lay seems to getting better as he have taken notice of it. The younger could exert more ‘energy’ that he usually does, the bones seems to be much stronger and the younger’s body is becoming healthier and stronger than before.  He has some proven facts and evidences of it and definitely it was a successful mission to have Lay overcome his fear of being touched. Well, not completely overcome his fear, but you could say that they are getting there, fast.

He nods his head, taking in the information, flipping the page to scan the notes and extra results of the tests that he had done to the younger when his phone rings. Taking it from the lab coat, he answers the call.

“Hello?”

A click-clack of shoes was heard through the corridor.

“Dr. Suho?”

A young lady wearing a mint green spaghetti tank top matching with a sandy pullover sweater with a tight fitting sequin jeans donned with ankle boots as her wavy brown hair loosely flows beyond her waist and a young man behind her following suit.

 “Dir. Xing?”

Nurses seems to gossip at them, murmuring their appearance in the hospital. They ignored it, not bothering their gossips for they have no time as they make way to the busy nurse at the information desk.

“Listen Suho, there’ll be two people looking fo---,”

They halted in front of him and Suho was bothered at the fact of someone’s presence in front of him. So he looks up, eyes meeting with a familiar purple-brown hue eyes that seem to know his soul and he feels compelled to stare back at it.

And even though he feels like it, he didn’t forget to greet the guests that came to approach him.

“Good morning, what could I do for you?” he bows a bit, showing his greeting and politeness before hanging up the call, not bothering what Dir. Xing has to say as the lady and the man nods their head, acknowledging his greeting.

“I assume you are Dr. Suho?” the lady asks, her voice laced with thick accent that makes Suho shivers from it. He nods his head slowly, wondering how they know his name and how they know what occupation he holds.

“Um, yes, I am. May I know who you are?” he asks, feeling the judging stares of the two people at him, feeling suddenly small and weak.

A playful smile appears on the lady’s face as she mentions her name, “Zhang Li Mei.”

“Zhang Cha Liao,” the man says with a small hint of smile on his face and Suho suddenly had a weird thought; a thought where he found the smiles of the two people similar to someone; someone who he knows all too well.

“Oh…I see. What could my service of be help to you?”

Li Mei smiles at him, her eyes turning crescent and something inside of Suho stirs, but not enough.

“I suppose you could take us to Lay’s room?”

Silence enveloped them.

 

Lay was playing with his blanket, feeling a bit bored and empty. The unsettling feeling in his stomach hasn’t left yet, but he tries to ignore it. The IV drops forms the sound with the clock and the chirps of nature outside, creating a whisper-like symphony and that makes the younger smile a bit.

His ears perked up a bit as the sound of the door opens and come in Suho with a daze look. Lay wonders what’s wrong with him when his eyes widen at the sight and a soundless gasp escapes his lips.

Li Mei and Cha Liao enters the room, following Suho who approaches the younger’s bed, not noticing his shock look until the older got near the younger’s bed.

“Lay? What’s wrong?” Suho asks worriedly to the younger.

Lay didn’t respond to him, instead his gaze was focused on the two, eyes locking with the familiar purple-brown he eyes. He felt his throat suddenly became dry and constricts of pain and felt his breath shortens.

A small smile plays on Li Mei’s lips.

“Hello, Yixing.”

Lay feels his heart stop a beat on the name.

 

He doesn’t know why he is leading the two unfamiliar guests to Lay’s room. He doesn’t know why how it happened, but it did, because the way Li Mei talks to him, how she asked the favour and how her voice sound, was simply hypnotizing. It was like that, he assumes, together with Li Mei’s rare hue eyes, both were hypnotizing that made him do what they want.

It happened way too fast, halting at the room of the door, ignoring the ringing of his phone and opening it, leading them inside and quite dazed. He only snapped out when he saw the expression of the younger, shocked and surprised.

He wonders what caused the expression on the younger’s face as he questions him. He didn’t receive an answer at all, instead the younger’s focus is on the two guests instead that he lead. He takes a look at the guests and next to Yixing when he heard Li Mei speak, her words bringing him into curiosity.

“Yixing?” he says out loud.

Li Mei looks at him with a tight smile before nodding her head.

Suho casts the younger a glance before he looks at the couple in front, disbelief painting his face.

“I think you’re mistaken. He’s not Yixing. His name is Lay. Xing Lay. He is director Xing’s son,” he states with a firm voice, definitely believing the fact that Lay is director Xing’s son.

Li Mei laughs hollowly, amused at Suho’s nonsense talk. She was amused at the fact that Zhu Yix didn’t tell about his son’s real parents nor did he tell them that he adopted the boy only. Completely amusing and intriguing.

Suho raises an eyebrow, not getting why Li Mei is laughing at what he said. The lady gives him a smile, before she casts her eyes towards the trembling boy at the bed, shivering and sweating at their presence.

“I think you’re mistaken, young boy. Lay’s real name is Yixing. Zhang Yixing, our son,” Cha Liao says to him.

Suho stared at them but shakes his head, not believing what he is saying. L Mei purses her lips, getting slightly annoyed at the stubbornness of the doctor. A playful smirk graces her face.

“You’re still stubborn like last time, Dr. Suho. Still the same stubborn boy,” she says, her eyes twinkling in mischief. Suho gave her a wary look, confused and wary. What is she talking about?

“She didn’t tell you anything? She didn’t tell you about having an older brother?”

Suho sees red, his head being light as the memories rushes to his head. He fisted his hands and Lay sees it, eyes filled with worry and concern for the older, momentarily forgetting his parents. He wanted to know and ask if Suho’s okay. He worries for the older as his eyebrows furrows together in concern together with his eyes that were circling with emotions and feelings of worry and affection.

Li Mei and Cha Liao see it all before they shift their gaze to Suho. Suho, on the other hand, composes himself again, throwing the thoughts away before looking up, meeting their gaze as he puts up an expressionless face.

“Leave,” he states loud and clear. Eyes blank yet the two could see past the blankness and they could see the anger, grief and the pain that circles around the eyes of the older boy. Li Mei wants to stay and talk to her son, but Cha Liao puts a hand on her shoulder, telling her that they shouldn’t today. Li Mei purses her lips before she snickers and mumbles some words inaudibly before she cast a undefined look towards the two.

“Fine,” she breathes out, eyes still on the two, “but we will be back.”

And with that, they left the room, leaving the two people, disoriented and pained.  Suho stood motionless on his place and Lay forgets about the incident that happened and worriedly looks at Suho. He leaves the bed, putting on his slippers and approaches the motionless person.

He takes cautious steps, afraid that the older would burst out, just like what he had watched in the movies. He carefully approaches the older, halting beside him and his heart tore into pieces when he saw the tears that flow out from the older’s eyes.

Lay reaches out his hand, slightly tugging on the latter’s sleeve that quickly brought the older back to the world. The younger retreats his hand back, when Suho wipes the tears away from his eyes and that rolls down across his face.

He sniffles a bit, before he faces the younger with his forced smile.

“Is everything okay, Lay? Are you hurt? Are you okay?” Suho asks to him, deeply caring for the younger’s condition before his. He knew the condition of the younger when he saw the couple came in and where the incident led to it. He knew that they had a connection that they are not merely acquaintances, but before those thoughts, he considers the younger’s condition first.

Lay just looks at him with mixed emotions and he knew that the younger is worrying for him and that there a lot of emotions that the younger having with. He sighs, clasping Lay’s hand with his. He looks tenderly at the younger, eyes filled with affection and comfort. He smiles at him, warm and comforting.

“I’m okay, Lay. I’m okay. Don’t worry about me, okay? I’m fine,” he says to him, patting the younger’s hand, assuring him that he is okay even if it is not. The younger doesn’t want to buy it, but his mind tells him otherwise. He sighs, nodding his head and forcing up a smile instead to the older.

“Good boy. Now go back to your bed and sleep. You had a long day today.”

Lay nods his head, going back to the bed and pulling over the blanket. Suho approaches him, slightly pulling the blanket more over him, brushing away the bangs and caresses the boy’s cheek.

“Have a good sleep, Lay,” Suho whispers to him and Lay nods his head. The older gives him one last smile before he places a peck on the younger’s forehead and left the younger’s side. Lay burning in red at the action that Suho did, as the heart pounds loudly and fast.

 

Suho watched the city at the balcony, standing at the edge of the garden, watching the busy city goes on. The wind picks up as the flowers dances together with it and he pockets out his phone, pressing speed-dial 5 and placing it on his ear.

He waited for the call to be picked up, the continuous rings echoes for awhile before the call is picked up.

“Suho?”

“Director Xing,” he says monotonously.

“Suho! You, there are going to be two peo---,”

“Tell me.”

“What?”

Suho’s eyes darkened.

“Tell me. Tell me who Lay is really or should I say Yixing?”


A/N: And so...this is how I came up with this chapter. Suho and Yixing meeting Yixing's parents and Suho's identity being revealed and one of his past...and did you noticed something there? Yeah...and also about Sehun's life and sufferings and Woohyun's comfort and also meeting with Daehyun!!! Yeah, our new character.

Our daily question is...for hunhan...their ending....I wanted to know your opinion about it. If they should have a happy ending or not. Just wanted to know your opinion. And of course, comments are appreciated!