Chapter 24: Strawberry Sweet 1.1

Even Silence is Beautiful

Chapter 25: Strawberry Sweet 1.1

A 'Taoris' chapter...


Kris isn’t sure of what he is doing now, but he knows that he has to take responsibility of the young boy. It was quite absurd, really. Just because of seeing a young raven haired boy crying; he took the responsibility of him already.

Taking him to a café after calming him down and was sure that he would never cry, he ordered some food for them to eat. He doesn’t know why he is doing this, but his subconscious did this and he knew he couldn’t go back.

Seeing the younger cry again, Kris cursed in his mind, scolding himself for making the boy cry again.

 “Hey, tell me what’s wrong?” He asked, hesitantly.

Kris learned a few from the younger today even without telling him, he already know a few facts from him. First, is that he is mute. Second, he is really sensitive. And lastly, his looks totally don’t suit him.

Tao hiccups before sniffling. Tears, somehow, stopped from flowing out from his eyes as he blocked away any thoughts regarding about his parents. He takes a sip on the smoothie that was in his sight before wiping off the tears away from his face.

He could still feel the stinging pain in his eyes but that’s the least concern for now. He was slightly intimidated by the person across him, well slightly intimidated and mostly embarrassed.

The random guy took hold of him when he accidentally bumped into him. He remembers bowing to the man and mouthing a sorry before leaving then the man caught his wrist and told him not to cry. He was quite flabbergasted at the sudden action and the man smiled at him. Somehow, his smile soothes his pain a bit and he wasn’t crying anymore as he realized it.

Then here they are at a café where the man brought him and ordered some desserts for them. He felt quite guilty at the sudden responsibility of the man over him. He doesn’t have to do this, anyways and he is really sensitive to begin with and he could feel himself as a burden to the man.

He sniffles one more time, before looking p to the man who took responsibility over him. The man is good-looking, handsome to be in fact, and he seems to be a nice guy after the trouble he had gone through for him.

Kris smiles a bit as he saw the younger stopped crying and took recognition of him. He wasn’t sure how to deal with him crying again because he really doesn’t know. He sips his coffee and takes a good look on the younger. The younger looks good and somehow he is quite cute, in his point of view. There are some motions of the younger that ‘cuteness’ screams to him.

He places the cup down on the saucer and by using his fork, he nudge the small plate that contained a slice of strawberry cake to the younger.

Tao looked at him with a slight puzzlement and he grins.

“Eat up. The cake is good,” he says before taking a bite of his own strawberry cake. Truth to be told, Kris isn’t fond of cakes, especially strawberry but in order to make the younger try some of the cake that he ordered, he simply takes a bite on it.

The sweet taste of strawberry with the sweet syrup fill his tongue with sweetness that makes him wince a bit at the taste, but nonetheless, he takes another bite. Tao watches him takes a bite n the strawberry and seeing how the man likes the strawberry cake and judging how he is taking another bite-the cake must be really good.

Taking his fork and knife, he slices a portion of the sliced cake and takes a bite of the strawberry delectable. The familiar sweet taste brushed his tongue and his lips tugs upward. He loved sweets considering by the fact that he was showered with sweets and pastries when he was young and also because of Luhan constantly bringing him to Minseok and Jongdae’s café that contained a lot of sweets and pastries that no one could resist.

Taking another bit of the sweet strawberry cake, Tao grins and forgot about the issue about his parents. Seeing that the younger is happy, Kris unconsciously smiles at the cute sight in front of him.

What?

Kris snaps from his thought and blinks. Was he thinking that the scene was cute? Kris lightly taps his cheek to make sure he didn’t get any coffee poison or so. Sighing a bit, he wonders why the raven haired boy is crying in the first place.

Considering that he is sensitive and that if he somehow asks some stupid questions that could resurface the horrible incident that caused the younger to cry; he knows that something terrible might have happened to the younger to make him cry.

Taking a sip on his coffee and placing it back to his saucer, Kris decides to introduce himself.

Clearing his throat and by doing so, he caught the younger’s attention. Tao looks at him with confusion, fork still in his mouth, eyes wide a bit as if asking him what’s wrong, hair somehow tousled and Kris felt a gooey feeling in his stomach; feeling the incredibly feeling settling in his stomach.

One word sunk on his mind.

Cute.

Letting out a nervous chuckle, he ignores the feeling in his stomach and focuses the task in hand. Smiling a bit at the younger, he introduces himself.

“I’m Wu Yi Fan, but you could call me Kris,” he says with a smile and Tao felt smiling back. He swallows the cake and smiles at the older.

“Huang Zitao,” he mouthed to Kris.

“Chinese?” Kris asks, quite surprised by his name. Tao nodded his head before taking another bite of the strawberry cake. Kris nods his head in understanding and sips his coffee, a secret smile hidden by the cup of coffee.

~*~

After paying for the food, Kris takes the liberty to drive Tao home. The whole ride was quiet but the atmosphere was comfortable and nice making both men eased. As they had arrived, Kris familiarizes the surroundings and realized that they went to Luhan’s hotel.

“You live here?” he asks with a bit of surprise. Tao nods his head in response. He looked at Tao and was slightly astonished that a young boy like him lives in Luhan’s hotel. He nods his head slowly before smiling at him.

“Don’t cry anymore, okay?” Tao nodded his head making his smile wider, “That’s good to know. Have a nice day,” he bids farewell to Tao and the younger bowed his head and mouthed a ‘thank you’. He smiles and entered his car before driving off.

Tao waves at retreating sight of the car before putting it down. He met a nice guy named Kris Wu, it was really unexpected but somehow he was glad to have met the older. 

Tao smiles briefly before someone pranced on him. He jumps a bit as he was startled before eyeing the person who pranced on him.

“ZiZi!” Luhan gleefully calls out his name. Tao rolls his eyes but didn’t push Luhan away.

“Come on! Let’s see ChenChen!  He said they have a new recipe of drink!”

Tao sighs before nodding his head. He knew Luhan would get his way any time and he wouldn’t have it in any other way. Luhan cheers at his agreement. Tao smiles at his childish hyung. He knew Luhan wants to treat him for today because of what happened and he knew Luhan probably knew what happened back in his house.

Tao wanted to tell Luhan that he already ate, that someone treated him for mid-lunch, but he thought for awhile and decided that it’s better this way. It’s not easy to get a treat from Luhan’s anyway, so why not?

Smirking a bit to himself, he let Luhan pulls him to Chen’s café.


A/N: So short >< yeah...i know. The other update would be later~ So expect it! Try to guess who is the next two couple chapter :) Your thoughts about this? Thank you <3