Chapter 21: Meeting

Even Silence is Beautiful

Chapter 21: Meeting

A 'Chanbaek' chapter...


“Bai! We’ll be friends forever, right? Right?” A hyperactive Chanyeol asked giddily to the older who just chuckled at him and ruffled his hair.

“Of course, Chan. We will be best friends forever.” The older grins as he showed his pinky finger to Chanyeol, who in returns, grins back and held out his finger and they sealed their another  promise.


“Bai!” Chanyeol wakes up with head throbbing and sweat drenched over all of his body. He looks around and found himself in his room, he took note that he fell asleep because the last time he checked the clock it was 10 in the morning and checking the time now, it was 1 in the afternoon.

I’ve been asleep for 3 hours already? That’s great.

Instinctively chuckling, Chanyeol rakes his hand in his drenched hair. He remembered another fragment of his memories in the past and how he could only chuckle bitterly at the memory.

“Friends and promise.” he mutters before letting out dry laugh.

“Friends and promise…how ironic, could it be?”

Getting off his bed, Chanyeol makes his way to the bathroom and gladly takes a warm shower to get off the sticky feeling his body is feeling.

~*~

 Getting dressed up after shower, Chanyeol heads down to the kitchen to get himself a drink. As he enters the kitchen, a voice startled him.

“Yeol?” His brother’s voice startles him a bit as he snapped his head toward the caller. He his head to the side and let out a raspy respond.

“What is it, Myung?” he blinks before raising an eyebrow to his brother. Myungsoo’s face shows worry but why? Did something happen? Chanyeol couldn’t thought of anything so why is his brother like this.

“Yeol…” Myungsoo paused, hesitation clearly evident in the tone that he used. Pondering whether to let him know or not, Myungsoo took the first one. Taking a deep breath, he lets out a shaky breath.

~*~

Baekhyun finishes playing the piano as he takes deep breath and opens his eyes. He hears the claps and cheers from the customers and he grins. He stood up and bowed to them and taps Junhwang’s shoulder before stepping off the stage and the latter took his previous seat.

He walks toward his office-well, no; more particularly he walks towards someone. He eyes the latte from Sungyeol’s hand, waving it with a cheeky grin plastered in his face.

“Here ya go~” Sungyeol cooed to him as he held out his hand to the younger. Baekhyun rolled his eyes before snatching away the latte from Sungyeol’s hold. Sungyeol grins as Baekhyun takes a sip on the latte.

“How is it? I added some jelly and a bit caramel and I’m not sure if those two would go well….so how is it?” Sungyeol asks, his eyes pleading to him that it’s great and so. Baekhyun rolled his eyes before a smile contorts his face, making Sungyeol pumps his fist in air and squeals; happy by the fact that it’s great and not bad.

The older leaves with a happy aura and Baekhyun couldn’t help but chuckle in respond. Customers were leaving and entering while Baekhyun has his back leaned on the wall, sipping the sweet taste of the latte.

He was thinking about their dinner as a whole as he contracted some new recruits and he wanted to welcome them. His processing thoughts were interrupted when a tap on his shoulder was made. He turned his head to the side and found Ailee beside him.

Ailee grins and pointed on the corner of the shop near the window and the plant vase on the corner of it. He quizzically looks at her before following what she is pointing at, or moreover, who. He saw a young male sitting on dine on the corner, sipping his green tea shake and somewhat looking dazed. He looks at Ailee after and she nods her head.

“He’s the young prince who left a generous amount last time he was here when in fact it’s 3 times the pay he should have paid for. “ Ailee explains to Baekhyun who he was and Baekhyun snaps his finger.

Right. He told Ailee to tell him when the person who she served food to, comes back. He nods his head and mouthed a ‘thanks, Ailee.’ Ailee softly smiled at him before bowing and leaves to attend to the trays that are needed to serve.

 Finishing off his latte and throwing it the trash bin, he walks towards the male sitting on the corner dine.

~*~

Chanyeol stuffs his hands in his pockets, eyes glazed with mist as he wanders around. He doesn’t know where he is headed to, but he lets his legs lead him where it wants and he would deal it later. Remembering the conversation with his brother added to his throbbing head that didn’t leave him since he woke up.

Feeling his head light, Chanyeol finds himself halting. He looks up from the ground and found himself in front of the café that he hadn’t visit for some days. He contemplated whether to go inside or not because adding the noise inside would probably add the pain he is feeling in his head but then, he would be able to hear the soothing play.

Smiling a bit, he trudges inside the café and a familiar soothing feeling filled his heart. He snaps his head to the stage and found the young male he has his eyes on playing the piano. Turning his attention away, he looked around for any vacant dine and found one in the corner like the last time he visited the café.

Breathing in, he walks to the empty table and settles himself comfortably in the seat.  Somehow, he finds the seat he is settled on very comfortable because when he looked at other dines; he felt his stomach twist and it was uncomfortable. Claiming that the dine he settled at is his property by now, a young girl approaches him.

“Ah, young prince, you’re back.” A familiar voice softly said making him turns his attention to the waitress who gave him a warm smile. He quickly recognizes the waitress and he grins.

“Ailee?”  His supposedly firm answer gave out into doubt to who the waitress was. Giggling a bit, Ailee nods her head.

“In your service, young prince."

~*~

After Ailee left him to get his orders, he shuts his eyes as he drowns at the soft music filling him. It was soothing, calm and beautiful that it eases the pain in his head and somehow, drowns all the thoughts and problems that were bothering him.

He lets out a soft sigh as a smile grace his lips as Baekhyun gets on the middle of the piece and Chanyeol is sure to ask the name of the young male who is playing the piano like a professional.

He lets out a soft sigh and a smile graces his lips as he let himself drown into the soothing music.

~*~

Baekhyun approaches the young male with prepared pieces of paper and a pen in his pocket for situations like this when he is going to talk to someone. He approaches the younger with soft steps and as he halted in front of the man, Chanyeol looks at him.

Blinking, he his head a little to the right, trying to fumble some words as his eyes took in the appearance of the person in front of him.

“Um, hi?” Chanyeol unsurely greeted and gave the older a nervous smile that made Baekhyun smiles a little. He motioned for the chair and instinctively, Chanyeol pondered if he was mute. Nodding his head to let Baekhyun knows that it’s okay, the older mouthed a ‘thank you’ and settles himself on the seat across the younger, making Chanyeol conclude that maybe indeed that the male across him is mute.

Setting aside the thought for awhile, Chanyeol realizes that there’s a reason as to why the male approaches him. He eyed the older before speaking up.

“Um, how could I help you?” The auburn haired male asks nimbly before sipping his shake. Baekhyun’s eyes widen a bit in the slightest recognition remembering what he was supposed to do.

Taking out a paper from his pocket and a pen, he wrote down something before passing it to male across him.

Hi, I’m the owner of the café and I’m sorry if I’m bothering you, but I wanted to ask you something.

His words seem vague at Chanyeol’s mind as he fails to register what Baekhyun is trying to point out. Blinking a bit, before giving the paper back to Baekhyun, he whispered.

“Uhm, okay…” He trailed off, not really sure what to answer to the older. Baekhyun nodded and wrote down again, slashing the words above and adding a new sentence below.

Could you tell me why did you pay so much?

Blinking at the sentence that he read, eyes shifting between the male across him and the paper, Chanyeol lets out a chuckle. Now he remembers. He remembered paying a bit excessive amount of money instead of the amount that he should have paid only. his lips, he responded.

“I didn’t pay that much. I paid for the food, Ailee’s tip and the others amount for the café’s expenses and halt it.” Chanyeol paused as he Baekhyun wanting to mouth something to him. Baekhyun shuts his mouth and motioned the younger to continue.

Chanyeol grins at him. “Why? Can’t I give some money for the café and for the staffs?”

His lips tug upward as he heard Chanyeol’s reply. He shakes his head and wrote down on the paper before passing it back to the younger. Chanyeol takes the paper and read its content.  His eyes eyed the paper and he could feel his throat constrict and his chest tighten.

I’m Byun Baekhyun.

Drop the formalities.

He shifts his gaze the older male in front of him and he could feel the pain coming back to his head. He smiles and places the paper down on the table before locking gaze with the older.

“Could I call you hyung? Judging by your appearance and the way the staffs greets you and moreover you’re the owner of the cafe; I concluded that you’re older than me. I’m just 19.” Chanyeol utters as he eyed the older across him, observing his face.

Baekhyun blinks before grinning. He took the abandoned paper and wrote his answer before giving it back to the younger.

I suppose you could call me that. I’m 21, by the way. So yeah, you could call me hyung.

Chanyeol grins at the response and he was glad that the older agreed to call him hyung. Chanyeol felt his heart swell as he observes Baekhyun a bit more. He was beautiful, as he concluded. No other words were to describe the man in front of him.

A warm smile graces his lips as he watches Baekhyun held out his hand.

“Baekhyun hyung it is. My name is Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol.” he grins widely as he takes Baekhyun’s hand and both shaked their hands.


A/N:  /bangs head in the table

Er…hi guys. Sorry about that, just haven’t gotten over the crappy chapter of Kaisoo…oh gash….noo…ugh.

So, Chanyeol and Baekhyun meets…..

Woot <-- Take note of the lack of enthusiasm.

Share your thoughts?

No question today~

Later guys, love ya all.