Chapter 7: Bellflower

Even Silence is Beautiful

Chapter 7: Bellflower

A 'Sulay' chapter...


It was an early spring in the busy city of Seoul. Love birds flying together with the winds, leaves swaying and dancing together with the wind. Sun rays shining ever so brightly passing through a big window, letting the rays touch the soft skin of the angel.

Feeling the rays of the sun touch his face, his eyes slowly lift up. He sat up, rubbing his eyes with his hands. Once eyes was completely up and awake, he scanned the area. He was in his room, of course. And as usual, clothes were already hanged at the wall even though he didn’t iron it. He already knew who could have done this.

His phone rang.

Picking it up beside the lamp shade, he opened his phone and looked up whom texted him.

Do Kyungsoo.

A smile broke on his face as he saw the name of his lover. He opened the message and his smile grew wider.

From: Kyungie <3

Suho ahh~ I’ve prepared your breakfast downstairs and also I ironed your clothes for work. I’ve also prepared your lunch and prepared another for Sehun. I’m sorry if I couldn’t stay and see you eat breakfast because the shop needs me immediately. Some customers want to buy white roses. But next time I’ll try, okay? Even though we’re cool off...I Love You!

He lightly chuckled before whispering ‘I love you too’ and does his morning routine.


White ceiling, white door, and white bed - white room with a small window that’s enough to see the world outside; breathing lingers in the room as a fragile looking bo-Oh. Wait. He is a fragile boy. Lying on the white bed; covered with a warm blanket and punctured needles on his hands; the young boy wearing a white shirt and pants with blue markings on the hem. The IV water drops one by one and silence except for the breathing can be heard in the white cold room.

Rays of light passes through the small window; moving, the rays touched the pale, fragile boy’s face. His eyes slowly flutter open midway. His eyes looked at the white ceiling before looking at the right and saw that it’s already morning. A small smile formed on his face as he saw two butterflies flying together in circular motion which he commented ‘beautiful’. He slowly sat up and rubbed his eyes before yawning.

After yawning, his eyes caught something. He looked at his side and saw a basket of fruits on the table beside his bed. He reached, grabbed it and put it on his lap. His eyes glitter at the fruits and the colours.

It was colourful.

He saw a card behind one of the fruits and decided to look at it.

He read what it contains and a small bitter and painful smile broke out on his face.

To: Yixing, our beloved son.

I and your father decided to visit you today. But you are asleep so we didn’t bother to disturb your peaceful sleep. We brought you a basket of fruits. I heard from Dr. Xing, you like eating fruits so we decided to give you one. I’m sorry if you aren’t able to see me and your father in person. Maybe next time? I don’t know when will that be, but we’ll visit soon.

Get enough rest and get well soon, Yixing.

From: Mrs. & Mr. Zhang

A painful lone tear escaped his eye as he smiled bitterly.

_

“Yixing?” A voice came behind the sliding door. Yixing looked at his side and saw the door open. He quickly wipes off his tears and puts the basket on his side. His ‘father’ entered the room with plastic bags on his hands and puts the plastics down on the table and went beside him to sit down on the chair beside the bed.

His ‘father’ held his hand and gently caressed it, looking up to him and asked.

“Are you okay?”

Yixing nodded his head and smiled a little, hoping at least that his ‘father’ didn’t notice his red and puffy eyes, but, unfortunately for him, Director Xing isn’t blind. He caresses his ‘son’s’ cheek and whispers a ‘sorry’.

Yixing smiled at him; he knew his ‘father’ let his parents visit him because they practically begged or they just wanted to check. He knew it was painful for him, but they still have the right. And he couldn’t blame the guilty person in front of him. Patting his back with his free hand, a long thin cord tube attached to his hand followed as the IV bag jingles a bit at the action.

He pats his back and Dir. Xing looks at his ‘son’ with tear-filled eyes. Seeing the smile of son, yet contradicting of his eyes.

Pain.

Pain was filled in Yixing’s eyes and Dir. Xing could only mutter another multiple ‘I’m sorry’ and cries as he gripped harder on Yixing’s hand who only returns with a soft smile.

_

Suho his lips as he closed door 214 after he gave the prepared breakfast for the patient. He went back to the ‘Patient Food Preparation’ and gave back the tray before heading out to his office to get some files.

Rummaging through his drawer, he received a brief call tone from someone. Patting his pants, he looks around the room and spots his phone lying near the flower vase. He took his phone from the desk and answers the call.

“Hello?”

“Ah, Joonmyeon hyung!” an unknown voice greeted him making Suho crease his forehead and furrows his eyebrows in response.

“Who are you?”

“…I can’t believe Sehun didn’t introduce me.”

At the mention of Sehun, something clicked on Suho’s mind and he immediately knew who the person was.

“Jongin?”

“Yes? This is the Almighty Beautiful Jongin. What could I do for you?” Jongin replied with a sarcastic voice, completely annoyed by the lack of acknowledgement earlier. Chuckling a bit, Suho rested his elbow on the desk.

“So what do you want Jongin?” Suho asked the younger who responded with grunt.

“Sehun won’t be on work today.”

“Huh? But why?” Suho asked in bewilderment and already feels Jongin sighing.

“He wants to pay his parents a visit.”

And that’s all what Suho needed to know. It pained him to know the young nurse’s past (excluding the boyfriend part) about his parents who died in a plane crash. Nodding his head, he muttered an ‘okay’ before ending the call. Jongin wouldn’t bother say goodbye to him, anyways.

He solemnly went back to his drawer and rummaged through the drawer to get his files.

_

After checking the 10th floor patients, Suho took a quick turn to the information desk. Nurses greeted him with glee as he smiled back in response.

“Check their blood vitals for me and ring me when you finished them. I’ll be rewriting them again.” He left the note to them and went his way to the 7th floor to check on one of his favourite patients.

Once he arrived at the door, he knocked and opened the door.

He poked in his head and grinned once he saw a young girl touching a puzzle piece, crouched on the bed and multiple puzzle pieces scattered on the white sheets.

“Hey Ciela,” Suho greeted as he slips in the room and closed the door behind him. The girl stopped and looked at him before grinning.

“Hey Suho.” No greeting? Don’t be shocked, she’s older than him. Suho grins as he went his way to the girl and ruffled her hair.

“Hey, stop it!” Ciela whines as she attempts to yank away Suho’s hand from her hair. Chuckling, he stops and retreated his hand back. Sighing in relief, Ciela returns back to the puzzle. Feeling again the abandoned piece, she pats the board and traced it.

Suho looks at the puzzle pieces and smiled sadly.

“So what do you want from me?” Ciela asked as her blue eyes stared at the board. He smiled.

“I brought you some donuts. Cherry flavoured just as you like it.” Suho grinned as Ciela looked at him, a bright smile plastered on her face.

“Really? Oh my gosh! Thank you!” Suho handed the bag of donuts to Ciela as she grabbed it with delight and glee. She opened them and was ready to grab it when something clicked on her mind.

“Aren’t I not allowed anything that relates to sweets?” Ciela narrows her blue eyes to Suho, who responded with a smirk.

“But eating sweets sometimes doesn’t aggravate your sickness. Rules are meant to be broken sometimes, right?” Suho grins as he saw Ciela digging a donut out.

“I’ll be leaving ya.” Suho bid farewell and left the young girl who was happily munching her donut. As he closed the door, one thing crossed his mind.

‘It’s a shame she can’t see the beautiful red colour of cherry. She even bragged to me how beautiful it were if she could see it.’

Shaking his head, Suho left to go to his office.

_

Dir. Xing pulls away as he sniffs and wipes off his tears and retreats his hands that were gripping Yixing’s hand. Yixing took a small white board beside him and scribbled down on his white board.

I’m okay baba, don’t worry about me. I’m old enough for this. How about you? Are you okay? Is there something wrong?

His ‘father’ nodded his head, letting Yixing know that he is okay. Yixing sighed in relief even though no sound came out. He smiled brightly showing his dimple which caused his ‘father’ to chuckle.

“My son is so cute!” Yixing’s ‘father’ complimented, face shown the expression of the slight streak of sadness. Yixing let out a soundless chuckle, but stopped soon when he saw his ‘father’ has a worried expression. He grew worried and scribbled again on his small white board.

What’s wrong baba? Why do you have a worried expression? Has something come up? Is there something you need to tell me?

His ‘father’ read what his ‘son’ wrote on the white board and looked at his ‘son’ who has a worried expression. He let out a small smile before speaking up.

“Yes. There is something I need to tell you. But I’m afraid you will grow worry about this....do you want to hear it?”

Yixing thought for awhile before nodding his head in response. He was curious what his ‘father’ have to say. His ‘father’ let out a sigh before speaking up.

“You’re going to have a private nurse starting the day after tomorrow, Yixing.”


A/N: Told you that I made some revisions XD Well I hope this is okay for you *smiles sheepishly* Tell me what your thoughts about this chapter :D Thank you and Lots of Love <3

Question: Outside of EXO fandom, what fandoms do you belong? I mean what other fandoms do you belong to aside from EXO fandom. Care to tell me? And also tell me your favourite pair there.

Oh, right. I want to promote my friend's fic. It's a Bangdae fic together with other members and some Exo members. Check her story out for me? She's too shy to go to an advertisement shop, so yeah, I'll be rescuing her from her dilemma. Check it out, please? Thank you! ---> Perfect Symphony