Chapter 20: Embarrassed and Knowing

Even Silence is Beautiful

Chapter 20: Embarrassed and Knowing

A ‘Kaisoo’ chapter…


Kai doesn’t know how it happened or what the heck his mind was thinking that day, he knows he is not going to live this down and that it’s going to be awkward seeing Kyungsoo from that day on until maybe when he talks to the older about it.

Kai buried his head deeper in his pillow and Sehun gave him a puzzled and annoyed gaze. Kai was at his apartment, at his bed burying his head in his pillow for some unknown reason and Sehun doesn’t know what to do with him.

He was having his sleep when numerous loud knocks from the main door attacked and disturbed his sleep. He got up with a gloomy aura and was ready to send a death glare to the person who dared to wake him up.

Opening the door with a huff, he found his oh-so-lovable cousin clinging into him like he didn’t saw him for ages and that he misses him which he doubts it because he just saw his cousin last night who drop by to check on him if he was alright and so-usual routine.

Now seeing his cousin sulking in his bed, crying or not, he needs to get the older male off his bed because he would like to sleep and to add his reason, it’s only 5 in the morning.

Frowning, he walks over to Kai and smacked his arm earning him a groan from the male. Rolling his eyes, Sehun hissed at the older. He didn’t want to do this, but he has to. He knew it’s a waste of saliva, but he needs to speak a word to this idiot cousin of his because if not, the older male would be hogging his bed and he’ll be moping for a week.

Sighing begrudgingly, Sehun calmly whispered.

“Get up and tell me what your problem is.”

Kai stopped squeezing his face deeper in Sehun’s soft pillow and snapped his head to Sehun with wide eyes and lips parted apart, shock completely evident in his face.

Sehun thought of ways how to kill his cousin for making him spare a sentence to him when he doesn’t deserve to get one from him.

~*~

When he heard Sehun talk-more of like a whisper-Kai couldn’t believe his ears. He knows that his cousin isn’t really mute, but it was hard to get a word from the latter. His cousin speaks rarely in a month, a word or two in a month and all he gets was a ‘yes’ and ‘don’t care, Jongin’ from him and hearing him sparing a sentence to him was kind of shocking to him.

It’s been a month since he last heard his voice and he remembers saying his last word was ‘Where do you think Luhan hyung is now?’

Hearing him sparing a word to him, Kai knows that Sehun is formulating how to kill him in his mind for making him spare a sentence that he doesn’t deserve. Recovering from his shock, he sits up and stared at the younger’s displeased and annoyed face.

He felt guilty for bothering his cousin early in the morning but he is the only one he could think of and even though Taemin was there, he didn’t feel like talking to him.

Sighing as he shut his eyes, he reminisced what happened 3 days ago.

[Flashback]

Yawning, Kyungsoo blinks more to lift up the drowsiness in his eyes whilst Jongin was stunned in the ground. Kyungsoo was fine, he was fine and he’s not in danger like his mind is thinking of.

It was quite of absurd, Jongin thought before chuckling making the older male look at him, more confused than ever.

He walks toward the older with a soft smile and tender gaze as he slowly wrapped the older into an embrace. Kyungsoo was puzzled as to why Jongin is embracing him as his body grew stiff when his body took in an unfamiliar warmth.

Jongin seems to be out of his mind, because clearly he wasn’t himself as to now. ‘I’m glad you’re safe, hyung.’ Jongin wanted to tell but decided to keep it and just hugged the older a bit more before breaking off the hug.

Kyungsoo’s cheeks were flushed and his body was stiff like a tree because of Jongin’s unexpected and sudden embrace.

After what seemed like hours, reality registers in Jongin’s brain. He gasped in horrification and his eyes widen as he stared at Kyungsoo’s puzzled look and stiff body. What was he doing? Why did he hug Kyungsoo? What the hell was he thinking?

Jongin ponders why he did that and he was left with two answers: One, is because he was worried for the latter that he thought his hyung got kidnapped or what and second-he truly lost his mind; he chooses the second one because it somehow fitted the situation he is now.

He just met Kyungsoo a week ago and true to be told, he was somehow attached to the older and that he was worried for him when he was used (a week only, Jongin, really a week) to seeing Kyungsoo the first thing he comes inside the shop and seeing him nowhere rendered him into a panicky child worrying for his hyung where he could have gone.

Jongin was sure that was it and that he didn’t lose his mind so he took back his decision and chooses the first one. It was a normal thing for him to get worry when he found himself attached into a thing or someone.

Make Chanyeol an example, he was once a stranger to him, but when he first became friend with him and when he found the older wasn’t in his sight or like that, he was worried for the latter. They were attached to each other like a chain and they were somehow inseparable back then, but as a year-or were it months?- passed, he wasn’t a worry kid and gave Chanyeol the space he needs.

It was natural of him of being worried and attached to someone he just recently met because after months or a year, it would pass and he would give the person its space. It’s not like he doesn’t give space to the person, but he doesn’t worry every time for the person he was with anymore. He would only worry when the situation calls it, not like every single day where in fact the person is fine and nothing is happening to him.

Seeing it that it has happen to Kyungsoo, Jongin knew that it’s starting again. The clingy type of him is starting to grow and him, also, being a worrywart.

He smiles awkwardly at Kyungsoo and laughs nervously.

“Hey hyung…” he trailed off, not sure what to say next. Kyungsoo seemed to recover from the initial shock and puzzlement and smiles at Jongin. He wasn’t uncomfortable with Jongin embracing him but rather he was confused why Jongin did that.

Thinking of some reasons, Kyungsoo thought that the younger just wanted a hug for a moment, like Sehun would do to him and Kyungsoo concluded with that. Not really knowing the reason and brushing it off, he motioned Jongin to sit on the chair as he disappeared to the kitchen to get some delicacies and tea for the younger.

Jongin was stuck to the ground, awkward and dumbfounded at himself-well maybe to Kyungsoo because how could the older just brush it off like that? Wouldn’t the older think of him weird for hugging him out of nowhere?

His reverie was stopped when Kyungsoo emerged from the kitchen with a tray of delicacies and teas and his feet led him to chair, finding himself settled on the chair.

He gulped as he took one cookie and lowered his gaze to the ground. The atmosphere was awkward for Jongin while Kyungsoo was oblivious. Jongin looks up to him and caught Kyungsoo drinking his tea as their gaze locked together and Jongin swears the atmosphere is getting more uncomfortable than before.

“Um, hyung?” Jongin started as he stared at his cookie with a pathetic look. Kyungsoo places down the tea back on the saucer and Jongin flinches. He really is embarrassed by his action and he couldn’t deal with the awkwardness anymore. He shuts his eyes before rambling.

“I’msosorryhyungforhuggingyousounexpectedlyandohmygodI’msoembarrasedpleaseforgiveme.”

As soon as he finished his sentence, he bolts out of the flower shop leaving a dumbfounded and blinking Kyungsoo watching the bell rings pass by his ear his eyes taking note of the door.

[End of Flashback]

Jongin groans at the memory and he found himself face-palming himself because of embarrassment. He knows he couldn’t live this down until he talked the older about it. Jongin plops down again on Sehun’s bed and buried his face again on the younger’s pillow. His mind occupied with a thought of meeting with the older soon, forgetting Sehun who was patiently waiting for him to tell him his problem or to get up and leave him alone.

Feeling a nerve popping in his head, Sehun menacingly glowered at Jongin as he cracked his knuckles.

 

“OW!”

 

Jongin was kicked out of his apartment.

~*~

Kyungsoo closes his notebook as he finished adding up the bills for the house and how much he would pay for it. He stretches his arms, back straightening and Kyungsoo could hear some of his bones snapping.

Yawning, he looks up at the clock and found it was quarter to six in the morning and that he’s been up at 4. Pushing back the chair and swivels the chair, the older looks up at the ceiling and a memory of what happened 3 days ago fleeted in his mind.

After Jongin left him, he found himself chuckling at the younger. He caught every single words of what he said and he couldn’t believe that Jongin was embarrassed about it, but he couldn’t blame the younger-it was his opinion.

Kyungsoo knows that his cheeks flushed as Jongin embraced him and he admits that and somehow, he found the younger’s hug warm and he smiled while remembering it.

He remembers Jongin’s flushed face and cute rambling before he bolted out of his shop and Kyungsoo couldn’t help but laugh silently at it as he replays the memory. It never occurred to him as weird as a stranger that you had just met and been with for a week, hugs you unexpectedly.

Kyungsoo was brought up with his parents teaching him that everything has a reason and Kyungsoo thinks Jongin has a reason for it. He knows that it was quite far from what he concluded with Sehun’s childish needy hug and he knew Jongin has a reasonable reason as to why he hugged him.

He was quite sad for the last 3 days because Jongin didn’t visit him in the shop but when he remembered what Jongin said about being embarrassed, he brushed it off with a chuckle.

Smiling childishly, Kyungsoo stands up and plopped down on his bed, pulling the blanket over him. He’ll talk to Jongin later about it. And with that, Kyungsoo fell into deep slumber with a smile gracing his lips.

~*~

5 hours later—

They indeed met.

Jongin with a red face still because of what happened 3 days ago whilst Kyungsoo was sipping his tea calmly. Jongin tried hard to remember how the heck he was in a café and was across Kyungsoo?

Oh, right. The older texted him, but that wasn’t the reason why he was here because he remembered deleting the message as soon as he saw the person who messaged him. They exchanged numbers between the days in the week they have been with each other.

 He remembered strutting down the road with a gloomy state and found himself right in front of Kyungsoo’s shop. Why was he there? He doesn’t know, his feet led him there and as he was about to leave for the sake of not facing Kyungsoo, his wrist was caught and he turned to look and found Kyungsoo right in front of him, caught his wrist and yeah, practically he was stunned, embarrassment flushing over him as memory of 3 days ago fleeted in his mind and Kyungsoo-well dragging a stunned Jongin with him,

And here they are, Jongin reminiscing how he got in a café and Kyungsoo drinking his tea.

Jongin looks up and met with a pair of orbs staring at him and Jongin wants to bury himself in a hole because of mainly of his act like 3 days ago and he was embarrassed by it and looking at Kyungsoo made it harder for him to get on with it.

Kyungsoo grinned and pushed a piece of paper (that was written like 5 hours ago, yeah, Kyungsoo prepared his questions and somehow he knows what the younger’s reaction would be-he’s that smart) to Jongin and the younger reluctantly took it.

Jongin’s eyes read the words on the piece of paper before shifting his gaze to Kyungsoo who gave him a cheeky grin.

So, I’m going to ask you directly about it.

Why did you hug me?

 

Jongin questions why he wasn't running away and why was he even living? He should have let Sehun kill him.

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo would probably laugh it off if he told him the truth, right?


A/N: I honestly don't know what I wrote, but I do know one thing-a crappy chapter

Heck, what am I doing with Kaisoo? Embarrased Jongin because of his weird attitude when he first meets someone but only when he feels attached to the person or should I say 'fond of' and Kyungsoo shrugging it off and like the embrace? Oh ggashhhh, what the heck am I doing?!

Harr Harr....share your thoughts about this?

Lol, I don't know anymore.

Can't question today, because yeah, because of this.

Rawr, bye.

 

P.S. Forgive my randomness.