Chapter 16: Beating Heart 1.1

Even Silence is Beautiful

Chapter 16: Beating Heart 1.1

A 'Kaisoo' and 'Taoris' chapter...


 

Tao sighs with frustration lingering in it. He was back in the devil’s hole and he wonders why he was back in the hole where he was casted away from. Oh, right. His mother begged him to. He says it was his freakin’ birthday and that he needs to at least celebrate with his own family at least once in his lifetime.

He wants to scoff so terribly at his mother. At first, he thought she was just joking and that she was going spurt nonsense about him being and a stubborn hypocrite who doesn’t want to take hold of the company. He wanted to yell so much at his mother, he wanted to scream at his mother’s face for all the things that they did to him, he wanted to snap at her telling her that she was crazy to think that he was at fault and that he has at least do one last responsibility as their child; to in’ celebrate his birthday with them.

On the contrary, Tao knew he wouldn’t be able to do that. He couldn’t speak, he hated them so much that he chose to lower his actions and just take in their hurtful words that pounds in his pride as their chid, he knew he was handicapped. He knew he couldn’t do that and how he wished and longed to say that to them.

He listened to his mother’s plea to celebrate his birthday together with them, he listened to her monotone voice telling him to celebrate his birthday with them, he listened to her sickening sweet voice telling him to come back; he listened with a broken heart.

“Please come back home, dear. Please celebrate with us. Don’t just celebrate with others! We, your family, are here for you and we have one blood so you must at least celebrate your birthday with us. Please. Come back home. We will wait for you.”

Oh, how the raven haired male wanted to smash his phone on the wall of his room but he knew better than that.  He knew that his phone is much better than his parent’s plea and that his phone doesn’t deserve such treatment just because his mother begged him to celebrate his birthday with them. He knew better than that and he swallowed his pride down and pushed the voices on the back of his thoughts and decided to go.

“Panda, are you sure?” Luhan worriedly asks him with furrowed eyebrows; his eyes showing concern and his face expressing that he was undoubtedly worried for his friend. Tao raised an eyebrow on him and motioned a shoo gesture to Luhan telling him that he’s going to be fine.

Luhan pouts and takes a sip on his bubble tea and worriedly cast a glance to the bored raven haired male.

“Are you really sure? Do you want me to prepare you a car just in case you leave unexpectedly?”

Tao shakes his head and kept his lips firmly shut showing Luhan that it’s enough and that’s it’s alright. Luhan huffs out an exasperated sigh before giving Tao last worried glance and nodded his head. Taking his bubble tea, he looks outside the transparent window sighting a hooded man, covering his face so well, jogging on the other side of the road.

Luhan narrows his eyes on the person who was jogging until the person left his sight, he spoke.

“Just wait for your cake and let me drive you there. I want to make sure that you’re okay when you get there.” He calmly spoke and Tao didn’t complain. He knew the daze look of Luhan would mean that the words he spoke are final. He knew not to complain anymore and just sit back and wait for the cake to be finished.

After getting the cake from Chen and Luhan driving him to his house, Tao stands in front of the large double doors. He dazedly looks at it and pressed the doorbell. He turns back to look at Luhan at the window pane, smiling at him. He smiled lightly and turns back to the door and after waiting for a few minutes, he watches the large doors open by the maids and watch his mother rush toward him with her sickening smile that Tao grew tired of.

He didn’t bother hugging back and just watch his father, with his hands on his back, walks toward them. His mother quite displeased at the lack of reaction, pulls back and gives a chaste kiss to her child’s cheek.

“Welcome back dear!” She greeted happily and Tao holds back to roll his eyes instead just hummed.  Feeling constrict and her mood drowning in a quick pace, she shifts her gaze to the person at the car.

“Oh! Luhan dear!” She greeted with a wide grin. Luhan scoffs mentally and fakely smiled back to her.

“Good morning Mrs. Huang. It’s been awhile hasn’t it?” Luhan greeted in a slightly monotone voice and Tao grins a bit as his mother took a step back at the tone before fakely responding with a smile.

“A-Ah, yeah…it’s been awhile…” She trails off and Luhan smirks. He shifts his gaze to Mr. Huang and bowed his head in courtesy. He calls out to Tao and the younger looked at him with a small smile.

“Have fun in your birthday!” Luhan jokily uttered and Tao playfully grins and nods his head.

“Yeah, I will.” He mouthed to him and the older just hummed before driving off, his arm outside the window pane. Tao inwardly chuckles at Luhan’s way before his moment was destroyed with his mother’s sickening voice.

“Let’s get inside, dear?” His mother said and he turned his heel and walked inside, passing by them. His mother’s lips twisting into a scowl.   

“What a disgraceful child.” Mrs. Huang muttered and Mr. Huang rolled his eyes.

“This is what you wanted, honey. And this is what you get.” Mr. Huang muttered back to her before getting inside leaving his wife outside with a displeased face.

“Tsk. Like father and son.” Mrs. Huang shakes her head and gets inside, making the maids closing the large doors with a bang.

Tao sighs with frustration and plops his body on his bed. He thanked his parents for letting his room the same as it was after he left and he thanked the maids for cleaning his room; thanking all of them in his mind.

He takes a deep breath and shuts his eyes and let slumber take him for awhile. Just talking with his parents for a while drains all of his energy already. The maids informed him that food is still in the process of being cooked and that he could take a rest. He obliged and now here he was, eyes dropping as the sand of slumber sprinkles and he slightly caught them and the last thing he saw was seeing the door creak open and a familiar red shoe stepping inside his room.

‘Mom.’

~*~

Kris yawns as he watches his younger brother do the works of the company, he boredly watches him and praises himself for taking Education in his course and not business because seeing the load of papers in Minho’s desk, he knew that it’s not pleasant and that he was going to have a migraine as a result.

Minho was busy doing the paper works when the constant yawn of his older brother bothers him a lot. He stops writing and looks up from the paper, eyes trained at his brother who was lazily settled in the couch of his office.

He scoffs at him.

“Seriously, hyung?  Can’t you do anything better than yawn?” Minho spoke, irritation lingering in his tone because of Kris’ constant yawns. Kris’ eyes lazily gaze at his younger brother and motioned him not to mind him and just continue to work.

Minho scowled at the response.

“Hyung, could you please go back to the university and teach?” Minho gloomily said and Kris shakes his head.

“I don’t have classes until 8: 30, Minho. I’m tired from staying up and doing the test questions so could you like, uh, don’t mind me here and just go back to whatever you were doing?”  Kris lazily motioned him to go back to his work making Minho grit his teeth.

“What are you even doing here in my office, brother?  If you’re that tired, can’t you go back home and just sleep there or do whatever you want?” Minho exasperatedly uttered. Kris cast him a glance before taking a look at his watch. He groans when he saw the time. He stood up and lazily tuck out his button down shirt from his pants and stretched for awhile and clears his throat.

“I’m going to leave now.” He mumbled when a brown envelope caught his eyes. He then remembered why he came here in the first place. Taking the brown envelope, he placed it on Minho’s desk, who in response, the latter gave him a quizzically look.

He sheepishly smiles.

“I forgot to give you this. Father was telling me to give this to you for the, uh, the meeting, I guess? I think the meeting is in 9 and that he needs you to look at the documents presented in the envelope. I think the meeting is about the Paradise Time hotel.”  Kris uttered and watches his younger brother quickly taking out the documents from the envelope and a gasp leaving his mouth.

He takes a few steps back and turns his heels away and left the room not after hearing curses and profanities leaving Minho’s mouth. He smirks and leisurely walks away.

~*~

Kai yawns and draws doodles on his notebook, not really paying attention to the teacher in front. He didn’t have time for History and stuffs. It’s not worth it to hear such boring lesson. As he draw doodles on his notebook and blocking his senses, Kai thought of questions he is going to ask Kyungsoo for today.

He wants to ask the older some questions and knows a bit more about him. He doesn’t know why he was being like this. Knowing a stranger that you accidentally bump into with, wanting to know more about him; he was truly out of his mind.

He wasn’t the type of person to meet up again with the person who you accidentally bump into with nor was he a person who takes the first step, but seeing what he was doing now and what he did for the last few days, he knew he was not on his right mind.

His mind was in contradiction with his heart, which swell of affection for the older when he smiles and or even gave him the slightest acknowledge or glance. His heart defies his mind and he wasn’t so sure if he was going to meet up with Kyungsoo today.

Eyes widening, a sudden realization shook him, he was thinking of Kyungsoo just right now and he was even contemplating what to ask about him! Biting a gasp from escaping his mouth, he warily glanced at Mrs. Lee who was busy writing on the large board.

Kai takes a brief glance to Chanyeol (yeah, they have the same classes) and saw the older giving him a concerned look. He sheepishly smiles at him and turns back his attention to the teacher in front, who gave him a tentative glance at him before returning back to the board to write.

He lays his head on his table and huffs out a lazy sigh before lifting it back up again and takes a look at the clock.

8:28 am

The time blinking brightly red at the black background, Kai groans. At 8: 30, Kris is going to teach and it wasn’t going to be pleasant at all.

Banging his head on his table, he didn’t mind the look of his teacher gave nor does he mind the weird looks that his fellow classmates gave him.

Kris Wu teaching in his English class, what another spectacular day.

~*~

Kyungsoo sprays water on the plant and affectionately watch the green hue. He warmly smiles and gently pats the leaves before shifting to the side and doing the same. It was a bright morning; he was alone at the shop spraying waters to his precious plants. Customers arrived a few hours ago and awhile ago to take orders and some taking their orders that they have reserved a few days ago and picking it up today.

These past few days made him smile and made his heart swell in small affection of warmth. Jongin was coming by in his shop, randomly asking him some questions in a prepared ¼ paper and him answering it, and Jongin drinking different teas and watch him do his work as he spends his off time before going back to school to teach.

He grew fond of the younger as they spend their time together for the past few days (w/wo the courtesy of Sehun), he has this warm feeling when he was with the younger but he would shake of the feeling as he take it as his fondness for the younger. Jongin promises him to visit him every day to accompany him in his lonely shop, to which he disagree because he has Sehun and the plants around him, in which Jongin disagrees and retorts that another presence should be with him and that there should be someone to make the shop not too quiet and that he boasted that it was him.

He just chuckled at the sudden boasting of the younger and just waved his hand in a teasing manner and nods his head with a smile playfully gracing his lips. He remembered Jongin pouting deeply and whining. Chuckling at the memory, Kyungsoo sprays on the last plant on the last level of the shelf before tucking the spray on the cabinet and getting himself an earl grey to ease his dry throat.

His eyes filled with glimmer of anticipation for Jongin who would be coming by later.

~*~

Kris arrives in the school campus a few minutes ago, a yawn escaping his lips as he took his book; his colleagues looking at him with wide eyes. Well, Kris being Kris, you already know what I mean.

He left the facility and walks on the polished hallway, passing by some girl students who immediately blushed and swoons over him. Kris didn’t mind them and just continued to walk before halting in front of a familiar door.

He raked his hand through his hair before yawning again. He holds the handle and slides the door on the side and enters the room. The room fell silent as they watch their professor comes in with a bored face, his long silky hair brushing his shoulders with a gentle dance.

The students watch him in marvel (well, except for Kai, of course) as they watch their professor with awe because of how he looks so handsome and y even when he wasn’t trying to. Girls dreamily looks at their professor as the boys in contrary, yet unexpectedly looks at their professor with a dreamy eyes like the girls and Kai couldn’t help but scoff at their childish actions and mind. How could they even fall for this guy? Kris only had one heart for someone and he bet that none of them could top Kris’ crush even in a billion years.

Scowling as he heard one of the girls swooning over Kris who had just arrive a few minutes ago, he rolled his eyes and scowled in distaste. Kris takes a look around the classroom and nodded his head. Placing his hand on the desk, he spoke in soft, husky smooth English.

“Good morning class. I, Kris Wu, humbly ask for your cooperation today. Could I be assured that from you?”  Kris smiles and Kai swears he could make out in the corner of his eyes, girls and boy were about to faint and some piss in their pants.

Rolling his eyes, Kai boredly looks at the window and watch the world outside and Kris caught his motion. He smiled and asked him in his bright English with Mandarin accent slightly lingering in it.

“Jongin Kim? I think you haven’t heard me or were you just bored of my class. I suggest you to look at me and just listen as I discuss, write notes and I suggest you to listen to me because I require obedience.” Kris uttered with a dangerous tone that Kai knew so well. He sighed and nodded his head. He responded with a thick Korean accent as he responded with a husky deep voice.

“Yes, Professor Wu.”

Kris cheekily smiles at Kai’s response and claps his hands. Students getting their notebook ready and pen and hands either on the lap or desk as they attentively look at the handsome and y guy in front. Kris flashed a warm smile that seems to melt each and everyone’s heart (except for Kai, as usual.) and started writing on the board for the topic they are going to go on about today and Kai desperately wished to get out of the place right now because being in Kris Wu’s class is hell.

~*~

After dealing with Kris for an hour and finishing up his morning class, Kai takes a brief tour to the library to check some things out before leaving the school campus and heads to Kyungsoo’s place. 

After 20 minutes of walking, Kai halts and looks at the flower shop in front of him. He was early than usual, but he didn’t mind; he wants to spend time with the older and know more about him. Taking time with Chanyeol would be a waste since every time he would look for him; he was already out of the school campus. So dealing with Chanyeol would be a waste of time (well, not always, but sometimes, yeah).

He takes a deep breath before pushing the door and takes a hesitated step inside. He looks around the shop and found no one inside.

Somehow, his heart was beating fast and his eyes were glazed with worry. Where was Kyungsoo? Why isn’t Kyunsoo the first one he sees? Why is there no one in the shop?

“Kyungsoo hyung?” He squeaked, his voice slightly echoing in the empty shop. Kai was now convinced that something might have happened to Kyungsoo. He was about to leave and find him when a sleepy Kyungsoo emerged from the kitchen. 

Kai was stunned at his place, he could feel his heart beating fast from worry for the older and he doesn’t know why whilst the sleepy Kyungsoo looked at Jongin with a dazed look. Blinking a bit, his drowsiness seems to vanish as he takes the not so blurry sight of him.

‘Jongin?’ He thought as he takes in the sight of the younger. He looks at him quizzically.

‘Why is he here?’ Kyungsoo pondered to why Jongin was here. He knew that the younger would come but why is he so early? He looked at the clock and it was only 12: 23 pm, it’s too early for him to come by and he was sure to put up a sign that he was on lunch and that he would be back after 1:00.

He cast a glanced toward the stunned Jongin with a worry look as to why he is not moving and as if he’s shocked to see him whilst Jongin could feel his heart burst into worries for the older, thinking something might happen to him when in fact he’s not because as he could see that Kyungsoo could have been sleeping and that the voices in his mind was screaming to him that he was an idiot.

 

While on the other hand, Kris bumped into a crying Tao, who looked at him with a broken look and Kris swears his heart shattered into pieces as he saw him.


A/N: Yo~ mellissa here! *waves hand* So..uhh…yeah. Taoris and Kaisoo in one chapter and letting you know that Kris is a *cough*professor*cough*. Hahaha, yeah….so let me hear your thoughts?

Question: Okay, guys…like seriously, I’ve contemplated whether to let you know or not. But I won’t be letting you know what I have really in mind. Let me use the word ‘if’, okay?

If Kyungsoo or Lay would die….would you allow it? What will you do to me?

It’s just an ‘if’, guys, okay? Just an ‘if’!

And no, it’s not happening, just asking because it’s my daily question and the question is quickly directed to the story itself and not in reality.

Thank you and Lots of Love <3