Halmoni

Morning tears

Author's POV

Jiyeon and IU walk into their new home that their parents bought for the both of them. They were amazed at how big the house was.

"IU ah, its amazing!" Jiyeon slowly walked up the staircase gracefully. 

They were both so happy.

 

"Jiyeon, we finally got our own mansion!" They started jumping around whiles hugging each other. It was a wonderful thing to see them so happy. 

Suddenly, the phone rang in the living room. They both rushed to answer the phone.

"Kamseyo?" Jiyeon turned to IU "Its Chansung" ,

"Oh neh oppa?",

"You and IU have to get dressed right now, me and Wooyoung hyung are bringing you guys somewhere", Jiyeon pulled IU to her and told her what Chansung had said. 

"I wonder where they are bringing us." IU thought out loud.

Jiyeon pulled IU to their closet and picked out their outfit. Soon, someone came in to do their make up. The moment they stepped out the room, it was as if they were not like themselves.

"IU ah.. Do i look weird?" IU stared at Jiyeon with her eyes wide open and jaws wide open. "Jiyeon You look awesome!" They both laughed as they walked down the staircase slowly. 

The boys stared at them, they were speechless. Breaking the silence, IU coughed,

"Eherm.. Oppa what do you think?" He held her hands and smiled into her eyes. "You look wonderful."  They were interupted by a booming voice at the back , "Yah get a room!" They then left the house with laughter.

End of POV

IU POV

As we drove, I recognized a familiar place that we were heading to. As i remembered everything that happened to halmoni, i felt tears just flowing down. She was always the best person i could look for if i had trouble. She was always there to help me and Jiyeon. "Child, never cry because i will always be there with you." I could still remember those last words. I clutched onto my skirt.

Suddenly, I felt a hand on my back. I turned to oppa and Jiyeon. They were giving me looks of encouragement. Jiyeon had tears in her eyes, It was as if she was telling me i had to face this. We all walked to the cemetery. I stared at halmoni's tomb stone while Oppa put the flowers on it. I carrassed the tomb stone. 

"halmoni, im sorry i didnt visit," I looked down. "I was just too busy to even come. I miss you halmoni" 

Dear child.. I am just here. Beside you.. I will appear in your dreams when you need me most, I miss you too. But always know you are never alone. make the right choices in life or else someone else around here would be affected. Saranghae IU ah.. Jiyeon ah..

A blast of wind blew towards their direction.

As i closed my eyes, I heard everything she had said.. I felt the wind blow towards us. I looked up to the sky and smiled, eyes still filled with tears. I turned to oppa and smiled at him. "Oppa, you should talk to halmoni too.. Chansung, Jiyeon you too"

Jiyeon walked towards the tomb stone full of tears, her unsteady breathing from her crying caused her to stutter.

 

"Halmoni, Chong..g..mmal saranghae.. I miss you. Thank you for everything you... have done.. for me... Sniff.. For IU.. Please be beside us, never leave us behind please." She placed her hands on her face, covering it from us..

 

Jiyeon.... I will never ever ever leave you or IU behind. Sometimes though, the people around you are also another me. Make use of them in your life. Never ever let them go. Child, I remember the times you and IU spent with me, I will never forget, Live a great life. Chongmal saranghae..

Chansung and Wooyoung oppa walked towards us and hugged us from the back.

 

"Halmoni, I am Wooyoung. IU's boyfriend." , "halmoni, I am Chansung, Jiyeon's boyfriend" . "IU always the bubbly girl i loved at first sight. She was heart broken in the start when i met her." Oppa looked towards me, "She always thought that no guy would like her for her. I have to admit. It all started as an arranged marriage. But now, I admit. That i love her."

I gripped onto his arm and smiled. 

"Halmoni, Jiyeon has always been the person for me." He held Jiyeon tighter, "At first she was always angry towards me that i didnt actually think that this would ever happen to us. I always thought that she was treating me like a friend and nothing more. I really care for her. I love her. The moment i entered the class, i stared into her eyes. It all made sense and at the same time i felt my heart beat so hard." He looked up to the sky, remembering everything that ever happened to them that very day, "If she were to choose someone else, i wouldnt be able to take it. I would do anything for her." 

Children, wooyoung and Chansung. Thank you so much for bringing them over. You boys better take care of my children well! They chose the right boys for them. This has been fate for the four of you to meet each other. Love and cherish them for your lives. Never let go.

A wind blew past us all, blowing our fringes away from our faces.

We smiled in each others arms as we left the cemetery. Im glad they brought us here.