Good Bye Joon

Morning tears

IU POV

I stood at the porch, looking out of the window. I felt a blow of wind blow into my face. As if someone, somewhere was looking after me from heaven. And i remembered that Halmoni is up there, looking after me. "Halmoni, if only you were here." 

"IU ah.. Dont do anything stupid, follow your heart. You can do this IU ah.. I can see your omma meant good for you. You love him dont you.. That wooyoung. He did so much to help you. Follow your heart....

Follow your heart"

I looked up as i felt another wind blow as if there was a hand carrassing my face. I started getting teary all of a sudden. The last words i heard... "Follow your heart.". I will always remember those words. I turned my back towards the porch. 

"Dear girl, its time to choose your fate." Halmoni smiled from above. "Its time...Good luck dear girl" 

I ran and ran to Joon oppa's appartment. "Oppa, its me.. Lets talk." I used my extra key that he gave me years ago to open the door. 

"Oppa.." I teared up as i stared at his drunk state. He was holding our picture from years ago. "You have changed." 

Suddenly, he woke up from his sleep, "IU? What are you doing here?" I picked up all his beer bottles and threw them in the bin and cleaned the table. "oppa. We need to talk." 

He stared up at my face, confused. "Oppa.. Look, i have a fiance. I love him very much, im sorry for hurting you. I got your letter, but... Oppa, i want to move on. Jebal, let me go please." I looked down as I waited for his response. "Oppa... Please answer me. I not only want myself to move on but you too. I was told to always follow my heart." I told him as i looked out the window, into the sky.. "and my heart says.. Wooyoung oppa is the one for me. And i Love him." 

"Okay... Im sorry IU, for everything... But remember this, if he hurts you, you can always come running to me." He smiled in tears. 

I ran to his side and gave him a friendly hug. "Komawo oppa... Good bye oppa." I let go of his hug and walked out of the door. 

Thank you for everything you did for me oppa. I want to tell you, i loved you like how you loved me back then but that was then. I love Wooyoung oppa now.

"oppa, theres no need to find the letters anymore" I called Wooyoung oppa,

"Why IU ah?"

"No reason.. Oppa, lets go out today hm?"

"Sure okay.. Are you okay IU?" "Neh haha, im putting the phone down now" 

I looked up to the sky... feeling a slight presence around me.

"IU ah.. Halmoni's proud of you..."