The First Meeting

Just Another Fairytale

AN: Well.. here is the next chapter..I hope you'll like it :3

 

 It was a few months later that Jonghyun decided to go and get Key at any cost. The boy did manage to get a job, and for a few weeks he seemed to have a happier life than before but his job had started to exhaust him more and more. To be able to pay the bills, he worked full time, and even more, he grabbed any chance to get some extra by staying in the restaurant for a few more hours. He was a waiter there, but he did the cleaning as well. After a few months, the bags under his eyes became even more visible. He rarely had the time to eat or sleep, most of his time was spent at the restaurant. His boss didn't worry about him, he was just  an orphan boy without anyone, in his opinion, no one would miss Kibum. But Jonghyun cared to much and seeing his only one suffer made him extremely angry. He went up to his father, and looked into his eyes. He seemed confident and strong.

'Father, I think it is my time. How can I get him?' he stated and asked his father a bit nervously.

He expected the king to doubt it, but the older man smiled. 'Then do as you should, son.' he said.

'But.. what should if do?' Jonghyun asked.

'The mirror will help you..' said the king mysteriously.

Jonghyun shrugged and went to his room. He stared into the mirror, seeing Key's empty and dusty room. He had left the mirror at home after almost loosing it a few times. Sighing, Jonghyun touched the mirror as if he could get through it. His eyes widened when his finger had disappeared. Suddenly he felt a strange force him into the small object

.The way to the other side of the mirror was painfully long. Jonghyun's eyes were closed, the colors were just too bright. He smiled to himself as he dropped onto the floor of the small, familiar room. It was even smaller than he expected. He sighed as he touched the small wardrobe, it was just too  small, and dusty. 'He can't keep on living here..' Jonghyun whispered to himself, and suddenly smiled. 'Today, I am taking him where he belongs.. 'he whispered. Suddenly, he could hear the faint sound of footsteps. Kibum was home. 'He can't see me yet.. 'Jonghyun mumbled and jumped back through the mirror.

Kibum walked into his room. Even the small steps he took hurt. He was exhausted because of work, because of life. He felt hungry but he didn't have the energy to eat. Something strange caught his eyes. His room had the faint scent of something he couldn't name, but it was extremely calming.

'Is anyone here?' he asked weakly, but right after that, he chuckled darkly. 'As if.. Who would want to save me, anyway..' he asked himself and sat on the dusty bed. His uniform was already dirty, he knew but he didn't want to wash it now.. He lay down slowly and fell the comfortable darkness engulf him as it always did, welcoming him with open arms. 

Jonghyun smiled sadly as he watched the scene. The moment Kibum was asleep, he walked into the mirror again. Looking around for the last time, he collected everything that Kibum would want to keep. He traveled back to his home with the few clothes and the broken pendant Kibum had, then waited for a while. On the other side, Kibum had woken up when the scent had entered the room again. He looked around frantically for his belongings, but he couldn't see anything. Gasping for air, he curled up. Someone was there.. Suddenly a bright light shone from his mirror that was on the desk, as always. He closed his eyes, the light had blinded him so much it hurt. Suddenly he felt a gently touch on his cheek. He opened his eyes slowly. A pair of beautiful,puppy-like eyes were staring into his own, feline ones. The gentle hand was still resting on his cheek. Normally, Kibum would have moved away, but this felt right.

The man in front of him smiled. 'You must be confused.. I will tell you everything, but first, we should go home..' he said and Kibum nodded slightly. He was really confused but somehow he knew that the man wouldn't hurt him. Suddenly he was being picked up into strong, muscular arms. He smiled slightly, instantly feeling safe. He hadn't felt this safe since he was young. Suddenly, he felt like being dragged through water. He was once again blinded by a strong light and when he opened his eyes again, he was in a huge room. It was bigger than his apartment. There was a king-sized bed in front of him, and suddenly he was placed on it gently. He jumped up instantly.

'My clothes are dirty, I can't sit on this.. 'he whispered and sat on the floor. The man who had brought him there chuckled, rolling his eyes.

'Who cares? You will catch a cold if you sit there..' he said and placed Kibum on the bed again. Kibum decided against arguing and leant back, smiling at how fluffy the bed was. He yawned widely, but didn't want to sleep yet.

' Who are you?' he asked. The man smiled.

'I am Kim Jonghyun, a prince of this kingdom. I have been watching you for a long time, but I couldn't reach you.. I am sorry about that. From now on, this is your palace too..' he said and sat next to Kibum, gently taking his bony hand in his own, bigger hand.

'But..why?' Kibum asked and smiled at the feeling of being safe.

'You will understand soon. You should sleep now, you seem so tired..' Jonghyun said and caressed Kibum's hand gently.

'I have to get back to work soon..' Kibum mumbled, but he was already falling asleep.

'You won't have to work from now on, Bummie.. 'Jonghyun whispered and kissed the boy's forehead. 'Just sleep..' And Kibum did so.. He didn't know why he was there, her was confused, but at the moment he didn't care.. He knew that Jonghyun wouldn't hurt him.. He just knew it..'