Picture Day

My Nerd Prince [BACK FROM LONG HIATUS]

After all the hype about the test results, the bell rang and Mr. Shim came in. "Why does everyone look a little fancy today?," he asked, scratching his head. "Because it's picture day!," everyone in the room chorused. "Ah I see. Everyone, line up." Mi Jin unexpectedly stood up in outrage. "WHAT?! I TOTALLY FORGOT!" She scrambled away from her chair. "I HAVE TO FIX MY HAIR AND REDO MY MAKEUP!" She was one step away from the classroom doors when Mr. Shim stopped her. "You look fine. Just get in line." 

"No, I don't! I told you I forgot today was picture day. Please let me go through, Mr. Shim." She looked close to tears. Mr. Shim sighed. "Fine, just get to the gym before 9 because it's our class's turn exactly at 9," Mr. Shim said, looking through the class schedule. Mi Jin nodded and dashed out the door. 

Mr. Shim led the whole class into the gym. "Just wait for your turn while another class is getting their pictures done," the photographer's assistant said to our class. "Let's see, C-1 right? There's still three second year classes before your turn," the assistant informed us. "Don't worry though, it's doesn't take long. Only about 10 minute per class." 

I sat down on one of the wooden benches that was placed around the gym. I honestly don't understand why some girls go through all the trouble to put makeup on just for picture day. I mean, it doesn't matter. The pictures are just for our ID's. And the guys, oh my goodness, I don't even know what to say. They put bb cream on and some even put some eyeliner on. What are you trying to be,  a kpop star? I sighed. I told this all to Myungsoo who was sitting down beside me. "Well, I don't know, I think they're just trying to look unique because we all look the same in our uniforms," he said, chuckling slightly. 

I looked at my watch. 8:45 am. A few more minutes and then it's our turn. Mi Jin should be getting here soon. Wait, what? Why am I suddenly so concerned with her? A lot of weird things has been happening to me lately. I mentally slapped myself. 

"One more class then it's your turn," the assistant came back to inform us. "If you need to do some preparing please do so now." A couple of people stood up and went towards the washroom. I guess I should I fix my hair a little, I thought. I was rushing this morning so I barely had the time to fix it. 

When I came back they were already starting to call people's name. 

"Ahn Hee Jin."

"Ahn Su Min."

"Baek Woon Ha."

They continued calling others names and taking their pictures. After about 20 people, they called out her name. "Kang Mi Jin." No one appeared. "Kang Mi Jin." No response yet again. "Is Kang Mi Jin here?," he asked Mr. Shim. "Yeah, she's just getting ready." After about a minute of waiting the assistant got fed up. "Ok, if she doesn't appear here within ten seconds she's not getting her picture taken AT ALL." A few people gasped. 

"Ten, nine, eight," he started counting. "Seven, six, five, four." A few people were tensing up. They knew Mi Jin would scream at everyone in the class, telling them "Why didn't you look for me then! Now I'll never got my picture taken!," which we all knew was impossible since her dad could easily arrange it for her. "Three, two." The clock continued ticking. "On-"

"I'm here!" The doors of the gym burst open. "I'm here," she reassured. "Ok good. Now get into the booth and get your picture taken." The assistant looked irritated but Mi Jin of course didn't care.

I took a look at her before she entered the booth. I must say, she looks beautiful. I slapped myself for real his time. 

WHAT THE HELL SUNGYEOL! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, naemiyoung here :3 Short chapter again, eh? Don't worry, I'll make up for this in the next few chapters. It'll be a little special since we're going to learn about Mi Jin's past. Yay! 

Remember, subscribe and comment ^^

See you in the next chapter :)