A Test to Pass

My Nerd Prince [BACK FROM LONG HIATUS]

"Okay class, listen up," Mr. Shim said as soon as he entered the classroom doors. Everyone settled down. "As you all know, classes start tomorrow and as a way to start things off there will be preparatory test." Everyone groaned. "Oh, stop complaining," Mr. Shim said sternly, "This is for your own good anyway. The test isn't even long anyway. Only 50 questions or so." More complains were heard around the class. 50 questions? I think that's a lot for a preparatory test. I bit my lip. "The purpose of this test is to see everyone's academic level. I will use the results of the test to start monitoring your progress throughout the year. Does everyone understand?" Everyone nodded their heads. 

"I will let you use the rest of this afternoon to study. Use your time wisely. If you don't want to fail then you better study last year's notes well." And with our teacher left. Everyone immediately formed study groups. I looked over to Myungsoo and Sungjong. Looks like they already have enough people in their group. Looks like I'm going to have to study with Mi Jin. I looked beside me. Huh? Where is she? My eyes searched everywhere for Mi Jin. There she is. She was sitting beside a group of girls and she was reading a book. Looks like Mi Jin's finally starting to take responsibility over her grades. I took out my notes from last year and started studying. 

The afternoon passed by slowly. By the time the dismissal bell rang, everyone looked tired. Our brains got fried from all that intense studying. I was about to leave the classroom when Mr. Shim called me. "Why weren't you studying with Mi Jin?" He looked really angry. He looked like those people in those cartoons where smoke is coming out of their noses when they're mad. I swallowed my spit. "I saw her studying with a group of girls." Mr. Shim looked like he was about to explode. "Well, according to her 'study group' she wasn't studying at all. She was reading a fashion magazine." I flinched. "I want you to find her right now and study with her." I swallowed my spit once more. "Yes, Mr. Shim." I left the classroom. Kang Mi Jin, you are a burden. Nothing but a burden. My hands were forming a tight fist.

I gathered my things at my locker and met up with Myungsoo, Sungjong and Daeyeol. I told them I won't be able to walk home with them. They said they understand and left the school. I think they know the reason. I looked around the school for Mi Jin. I looked in the first floor. No Mi Jin here. In the second floor. No Mi Jin here either. In the third floor (which happens to be our floor). No one's here except for the teachers. I stopped to catch my breath. I've been running around the school so much I forgot to stop and catch my breath. Finally, I made my way towards the rooftop of our school. Chances of Mi Jin being there was low since no one ever goes to the rooftop. Everyone's afraid of going there because the school delinquents hang out there. I was afraid but I was more afraid of Mr. Shim getting angry at me again. And besides, I thought, the school delinquents are regular tutoring customers of mine. I slowly opened the doors and peered in. Luckily, no delinquents were there. I entered. Cold spring air greeted me. No Mi Jin here either. What if she went home? I was losing hope when I saw something out of the corners of my eyes. Of course, how could I forget?  As quickly as I could, I dashed out of the rooftop and ran all the way to the school entrance and into the ice cream shop across our school. 

I opened the doors and huge crowd of students greeted me. They're crazy. It's still a bit cold and yet they're already eating ice cream. I shook my head in disagreement. My eyes scanned for Mi Jin. I squinted my eyes. Bingo. There she is. I walked over to the table by the window. She was laughing and enjoying ice cream with her friends. How dare she? I was frantically looking for her all over the school and she's sitting here enjoying ice cream? And we're supposed to to be studying for the test tomorrow. I was becoming annoyed. "Yah, Kang Mi Jin what are you doing here when you're supposed to be studying?" She looked up at me. "Look, Mr. Tutor, I don't care about that stupid test." She continued eating her ice cream. She sparked my anger. I've had enough of this. I've already wasted enough time. I need to do what has to be done. I grabbed her arm and headed towards the door and into the school. 

"YAH, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!," Kang Mi Jin screamed once we were outside. "We need to study. It's already 4:30 and we have plenty to study." I looked at her right in the eye. "I told you, I don't care!" What happened to the Kang Mi Jin earlier at lunch? "Well, I do!" I continued dragging her towards the school. She kept trying to get out of my grip but the more she did, the more I made the grip on her arms tighter. We entered the library. "Sit down," I ordered Mi Jin. She sat down, at least but she still had that look on her face that told she'd rather be anywhere in the world than here in the library with me. I looked around the shelves for books we could use. I came back to the table where Mi Jin was sitting down. I'm impressed. She didn't try escaping. "Make it quick, I still have things to do at home." I rolled my eyes. 

We ended up staying at the library until 8. I admit, I was quite impressed that she managed to sit down for 3 hours to study. Although we kept being interrupted by her ringing phone which of course caused me take it away which then made Mi Jin whine and  complain for 10 minutes straight. But still. I went home with a triumphant smile on my face. 

 

 

The next morning, everyone in class either had dark circles under their eyes or was sleeping. I chuckled. Mi Jin appeared and sat down. "Good morning, Mi Jin." She gave me the 'sup nod. The bell rang and Mr. Shim went in. After the morning announcements through the intercom we started the test. I finished the test pretty quickly but Mi Jin, however, was having a bit of trouble. I had to fight the urge to whisper her the answers. After two hours, the last person handed in their test. Mr. Shim gave us some free time after that. After the one hour of free time Mr. Shim sent us out for early lunch. 

As I walked out of the classroom, only one thought crossed my mind: I wonder how Mi Jin did on the test. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, naemiyoung here :3 Sorry I didn't update for a while. I was busy so I didn't have time to update. I went to a conference over the weekend last week and when I came back AFF was doing some maintenance so I couldn't update anyways. Okay, well I started typing chapter 7 on Sunday but then I was tired so I  just saved it. When I came back to finish it the next day, it got deleted! And, idk I got depressed so I didn't come back until today. To save my depression, I watched Kimi Ni Todoke, an anime (forever shipping Kazehaya and Sawako <3). So yeah, that's the story :P 

Btw, thanks to moshicuteChaeWon1stShippercindytang825 and nothingsover for subscribing ^^ I love you guys <3 I hope you're enjoying my story so far.