Classmates

My Nerd Prince [BACK FROM LONG HIATUS]

What a drag this day is already becoming, I thought angrily as I walked inside the girl's washroom. And it's not even past lunch yet. I stood in front of mirror and took out my makeup bag. I started fixing my hair and my makeup. First, I woke up late, then soup fell on my uniform so I had to change, then the car ran out of gas in the middle of the road and now, that careless person bumped into me and I have to redo everything I did earlier this morning. Its the first day of school too! 

20 minutes later I walked out of the washroom. What's my homeroom again? I thought hard. Oh, that's right C-1. I began walking around the hallways searching for my classroom. There it is, I sighed in relief. I peered through the glass at the front of the door and glanced at my watch. 8:43 am. Great, I am so late. Well, whatever. It's not like it never happened before. I opened the door carefully, hoping no one would notice me. Unfortunately, the second I came into the class the teacher stopped talking and all eyes were suddenly on me. 

"You're late, whoever you are." The teacher looked at me. "Your name?" 

"Kang Mi Jin" I said with gritted teeth and clenched fists. The teacher looked at the student list. "Ah, Kang Mi Jin. Good morning. I am your teacher this year, Mr. Shim" He held out his hand. I ignored him. "Can I sit down now?" I said impatiently. "Of course. You can sit over here at the front beside him." He pointed at the guy that was looking down on his notebook. He seemed to be taking notes. I trudged towards the chair beside him and groaned. I hate being in the front!

I looked at the guy on beside me. My eyes instantly grew wider. This guy. . .isn't he the one that made me fall this morning?  He turned to look at me and stared at my face. He continued to stare at me until I barked "What are you looking at?!" I looked at him with fierce eyes. He looked back at the notebook in front of him and started taking the notes down from the board. I guess I should start taking notes as well. With a sigh, I took out my notebook.

An hour passed by and we were still taking down notes. What the heck, all we're writing are school rules and requirements. I complained silently. "Can someone tell me the formula on how to get the volume of a cylinder?" Mr. Shim asked out of nowhere. "This is an easy question. I'm pretty sure you all learned this in middle school. I just want to refresh your minds. Would anyone mind answering this?" Hands shot up everywhere. Such nerds. I snorted. "How about you Mi Jin? Do you know the answer?" My eyes immediately rounded. "Um, what?" Mr. Shim repeated the question. I froze. "I. . .don't know the answer." I looked away in defeat and annoyance. Laughter erupted around the room.

"I guess she never changes. She's a beauty but no brains."

"She's so stupid!"

"She will never graduate high school!"

Taunts filled the whole room. I clenched my fists tightly. "Ok, that's enough!" Mr. Shim called out. "Does anyone else knows the answer?" He called out a random kid's name and he answered correctly. He continued to ask questions for a while for an hour or so. He never called out my name again. 

After what seemed like an eternity the bell finally rung, signaling lunch. I was packing up to leave when Mr. Shim called me up as everyone left the class. What is it now, I thought. You already embarrassed me today when you asked me that stupid math question I couldn't answer. Don't tell me you're going to embarrass me yet again by asking me to get tutoring lessons. With a groan, I went towards him anyway. "Yes, Mr. Shim," I said with a smile that's too forced. "You are aware of your grades aren't you, Mi Jin?", he asked, focused on the paper in front of him. I raised an eyebrow. "What are you talking about? It's only the beginning of the year and we haven't even started lessons yet. There's no way I could be failing school already."

"I'm not talking about that. I'm not talking about this year because you are indeed right. I'm talking about last year's. And the year before that. And the year before that. And so on. You got the lowest marks out of your whole class, Miss Kang. I know this is your last year in high school but if you don't pass senior year you are not allowed to graduate." "I know that. And so? I don't care. I can just ask my dad to let the school board let me graduate. After all, he-" "That's not the point, Mi Jin." Mr. Shim looked up from his papers, eyes focused on me now. "I am aware that your father is one of the founders of this school. But even that isn't enough to convince the school board to let a failing student graduate high school. I stiffened a bit.

Mr. Shim continued talking. "I looked over your school records and there's one thing I don't get. It seems you graduated at the top of the class in elementary and you also got the highest marks in your class in the first year of junior high. But after that everything went downhill. What happened?" I looked away. "I d-don't know!", I said a bit too defensively. "Well, never mind that. I arranged with your father for you to have a tutor this year. It's a classmate of yours and I'm pretty sure you know him. He's very diligent and he will help you with you studies. Be good to him because he just might be your way out of high school." Ugh, could this day get any worse?

"Here let me introduce you to him. Lee Sungyeol, will you please come up here?" He called to the guy sitting alone at the front, reading quietly. "Yes, Mr. Shim," he obediently followed his orders. Wow, such a goodie-goodie. I haven't even met him personally yet but I hate him already. I rolled my eyes. "Let me introduce you to the girl you're going to tutor this year. This is Kang Mi Jin. She is your classmate. You're going to help her with her studies." I looked at this "Lee Sungyeol" guy. I gasped. This the guy that made me trip this morning! Ugh, this day is officially the worst day of my life!

I looked at Mr. Shim and my so-called tutor. The tutor looked at me and raised an eyebrow. I gave him a what-are-you-looking-at look. He quickly looked back to Mr. Shim. "Yes, Mr. Shim. I will gladly tutor her and I will also sure that she passes every test." "Thank you, Sungyeol. You are a lifesaver. I will leave her in your care for now. I'll leave you two alone to get you to to know each other before lessons and tutoring sessions begin." He left the room. "Forget what he said. I don't need and I don't want a tutor," I turned towards Sungyeol, trying to convince him. "Whatever." He turned towards the door and left. That was easier than I thought. I smiled. I gathered all my belongings and turned towards the door. 

"Oh yeah, I don't have a locker yet." I said to myself. I turned towards the homeroom door again when I remembered Mr. Shim wasn't there. Screw that, I'll just ask later. I walked downstairs and into the cafeteria. I scanned the whole room for my friends. Oh, there they are. I walked over to the table beside one of the windows. "Oi, Cho Hee, Min Hee, Lina" They all looked up at once. "Hey there, Mi Jin." Cho Hee smiled. I gave a small wave. "Mi Jin!" Lina stood up and gave me a huge hug. "You're suffocating me!" I complained but laughed anyways. We both sat down. "So, how was your morning?" Min Hee asked. "It was terrible! First, I was late then later on I got asked a difficult math question and then just as I was about to leave the room Mr. Shim told me I'm getting tutoring lessons." Cho Hee laughed. "Well, you do need them." 

"This . If we were all in the same room then I could just have asked if Cho Hee could tutor me instead. After all, she's always the top in her class." I groaned. "Who's your tutor anyways?" Min Hee asked. "I don't know. I think his name is Lee Sungyeol." I shrugged my shoulders. "Hey, I know him. He was in my class first year of high school." Lina spoke up. "Really? What's he like?" I asked. "I don't remember much but he's quiet and he always hangs around Myungsoo and Sungjong, his two best friends." 

"Well, whatever. Don't care. Should we get food? I'm hungry." I stood up. Everyone else followed. We stood in line and took whatever food we desired. We were on our way back when a girl bumped on me, making me spill my soup on the floor. "Look what you did!" The girl looked up and apologized. "I'm really sorry! I didn't mean to do that." She bowed 90 degrees. "Whatever." I grabbed the cup of water from Lina and threw it on the girl's face. "Mi Jin! What are you doing?!" Lina grew furious. "It's her fault." I shrugged my shoulders. I walked back to to the table while Lina and Min Hee apologized to the girl. 

"Mi Jin, you should stop doing that to other people! That's really mean and disrespectful. How would you feel like if someone did that to you?" Cho Hee scolded me. I pretended to think hard. "Um, I don't know. I'd probably swear in their face." Cho Hee  rolled her eyes. "Seriously, learn how to control your temper." "I'm sorry, umma." I mocked an apology. "Just. . . eat." Cho Hee broke her chopsticks in half. "I would but my soup spilled on the floor." Cho Hee pushed her plate in between us. "Here, share with me." I smiled. "Thanks umma!" 

Lina and Min Hee came back. They opened their mouths to start lecturing me but Cho Hee stopped them. "Already scolded her." We started to eat but whispers filled the room regarding about the incident. 

"Wow. she's so evil."

"I hate her." 

"I'd hate to be the girl that she spilled water on."

"She's so pretty but if only her attitude was better. . . "

"Looks like your fan club's at it again." Min Hee snickered. "Like I care." I continued eating. Everyone did the same. 

 

 

 

And thus the princess' true nature is revealed. The first encounter of the princess and the poor man wasn't a pleasant one. What will happen from here on? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, naemiyoung here! lol I'm such a liar. I said I would update everyday but I didn't. Oh well old habits die hard. Anyways, to those who are reading this story I hope you are enjoying everything so far. Hahaha who am I kidding? I bet no one's reading it anyway. Thus, I will still update anyway. K bye guys *waves* :3