Music Room Mystery

My Nerd Prince [BACK FROM LONG HIATUS]

I wonder where Cho Hee and the others are, I thought as I roamed the school grounds. After looking around everywhere, I gave up and headed towards the school building. Oh geez, I'm so thirsty. I should head to cafeteria to buy a bottle of water. As I made my way towards the cafeteria I saw the doors of the music room open. I slipped in quietly. 

I spotted the piano immediately. Hey, when was the last time I played the piano? Oh gosh, I miss playing my favourite songs on the piano. Without a moment of hesitation, I sat down and touched the piano keys lightly. The question is, do I still remember how to play? I touched the keys once more. Then I started playing. 

___________________________________________________

My Nerd Prince Playlist:

Now playing: Dear Old Home - Clannad OST 

___________________________________________________

Hey, what do you know I still actually remember the notes of this song. I should start playing the piano again. Oh, how I miss this, I thought. As I continued playing the song, happy and sad memories came rushing to my mind. Don't cry, Mi Jin. I know your past was terrible but you must not remember the sad memories. Think of the happy ones instead. You must stay strong. I continued to play. 

However, with each note I play, more memories join in the mix, clouding my thoughts. I felt tears b my eyes but I blinked and forced the tears back in. Think of the good times. Think of how you became friends with Cho Hee, Lina and Min Hee. My mind instantly felt at ease. 

As I continued playing the song, I felt courage building up inside me. My hands were shaky but they continued pressing the keys. Before long, I was completely immersed in the song. Keep playing, Mi Jin, I told myself over and over again.

 

. . . 

 

"I'm impressed Mi Jin, you've only been taking piano lessons for a year and yet you're already at such a high level," my 12 year old brother gawked. I smiled. "Yeah, but you've been teaching me some simple songs since I was 8 so it's really not a big deal." I shrugged my shoulders and kept playing the song that my piano teacher gave me. 

"We should let umma hear you play," my brother suggested, "I bet she'd be proud of you as well. After all, she was once a piano player as well." I nodded. "Let me just finish this song. I have to perfect it before my next piano lesson or else my piano teacher would go ballistic. You know how she is, you had her when you were younger." My brother cringed. "Oh god, how much I hated her." 

I was on the last page of my sheet music when my mom walked in and started clapping. "Wow, I remember when your brother started teaching you two years ago, when you were only eight. Your fingers kept touching the wrong keys and your brother would always go insane, telling everyone that there's no hope in you and yet look at you now. You must be a prodigy!" 

"Aigoo mom, don't overreact. Mi Jin just learns fast that's all." I laughed and stuck my tongue out. "Someone's jealous," I taunted him. My brother looked away in embarrassment. "Aish!" My mom laughed along side me. "You're too sensitive," my mom said, "Someday, your sister will surpass you." 

My brother turned around and stuck his tongue out at me. "As if that will ever happen! You'll have to live a hundred more years before you even surpass me." And with that, my brother ran off to his own piano. 

 

. . . 

 

I miss my mom and my brother so much. I stopped playing the piano when they left. Whenever I looked at the instrument, my heart would always hurt and tears would threaten to fall down my face. Why did they have to- , I stopped my thoughtsknowing that if I continued them tears will  immediately come streaming down my face. A few moments later, my fingers stopped moving. I had finished the song. I was about to stand up and leave when I heard clapping behind me. 

"I never knew you played the piano. You actually play pretty well." I froze. Someone heard me? I turned around and gasped. Sungyeol? Out of all the people why Sungyeol? I look like a total wreck right now. . . 

"Uh yeah, I've been playing since I was eight years old," I said as casually as I can to hide the fact that I was close to tears a few moments earlier. "Cool," Sungyeol said, "do you still play?" I shook my head. "No, I stopped two years ago." Sungyeol sighed in disappointment. "You shouldn't have. I bet if you continued you'd be as good as Yiruma by now." I chuckled. "Yeah, I bet." 

"Anyway, now that you're here you should help me in the volleyball court. Cho Hee's there too so you can cheer for her team." 

"Cho Hee's really good at volleyball for some reason. I'm sure her team will win."

"Yeah, I heard almost everyone in her team is in the Volleyball Club." 

"We should go now." Sungyeol checked his watch. "The game's starting soon." I nodded but stayed in my spot. Should I confess to him right now? I mean, why the not. We're all alone in this big music room. If I get rejected, then whatever. I've been rejected before so it should hurt less this time. However, if he accepts then it's happy advanced birthday to you, Kang Mi Jin. 

"Wait, Sungyeol I need to tell you something." He turned around and looked at me ever so innocently. But wait, isn't it a bit too early? You've only know him for a month. I ignored my thoughts and walked slowly towards Sungyeol.

I took a deep breath and said, "Sungyeol-ah, I like you. Will you go out with me?

 

 

The princess finally decided to confess her feelings to the poor man. Will he accept or reject the princess' feelings? 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys, naemiyoung here :3 So Mi Jin finally decided to confess to Sungyeol, eh? Lol I wonder how Sungyeol will react. 

Subscribe and comment :) 

Btw, today is Sungyeol's birthday ヽ(*≧ω≦)ノ Happy birthday to our one and only choding in Infinite! *throws confetti*