Sleepover

My Nerd Prince [BACK FROM LONG HIATUS]

I'm not going to lie, it's been a hectic day. The rush I felt when I found out I had passed the test is still alive inside me. I can't wait to tell my best friends and my dad. I bet they're going to be so proud of me! I let out  fangirl squeal when I thought of all the compliments they were going to tell me. The class stopped abruptly. "What happened?," I asked looking around.

"You sounded like a pig just now," Sungyeol said, laughing. "Shut up Sungyeol, I DID NOT sound like a pig!" By now, everyone in the class was laughing. Mr. Shim ahem-d loudly to get everyone's attention even though he was laughing himself. "Whatever." I felt all the blood rushing to my face but I simply rolled my eyes and waved it away. We continued on with the class. 

By the time class was finished, it was time for lunch. I hurriedly went downstairs into the cafeteria. "Hey, everyone guess what?," I said as soon as I got to our table. "What?" I let a fangirl squeal. "I passed the test!" Our table suddenly became quiet. "I thought you guys would be happy for me. After all, this is-" I didn't get to finish my sentence as my best friends started crowding around me. 

"OMG Mi Jin, I'm so happy for you!" 

"What score did you get?"

"You should say thank you to Sungyeol."

I laughed. "Thank you, Min Hee. I got 26/50. And Lina, yup, I already did." They each gave me a thumbs up. "We should celebrate by having a sleepover tonight. It's a Friday after all," I proposed. My friends took this into consideration. "Agreed!" I smiled. "Ok, this is settled then." 

All throughout the afternoon all I could think about was the sleepover. It's been a long time since we had one and to be quite honest we haven't been bonding as best friends together lately. The last time time we had a sleepover was first year of high school. After that we became busy and I concluded we were becoming childish for this. 

I kept humming a happy song  as we worked on our textbooks and Sungyeol kept looking at me all weirdly. Nothing can break me off my happy mood. Whenever something irritated me I just simply waved it off, telling myself I'll deal with it after the weekend.

Finally, school ended for the week and I happily skipped down to the front gates. I waited patiently for Cho Hee and the others. They came exactly at the same time as our ride. I dropped off everyone at their respective houses to pack their things for the sleepover. When I got to my house I instantly got to work. I asked our chef to prepare food and I went to our living room and picked a few movies that we liked to watch when we were younger (Mean Girls anyone? hahaha) as well as some new ones that I thought we would enjoy together. Finally, I went to my room and cleaned it up a bit even though it was already clean.

An hour later, the doorbell rang and my best friends came in together. "It sure is convenient to live together, huh?" I laughed. "It sure is. "So, where do you want to sleep. The guest room or my room?" 

"Your room definitely. It's bigger and we're more comfortable there." I led them all to my bedroom. Min Hee instantly flopped onto my bed. "It's so soft~" She started drifting into her own little world. "What do you guys want to do first?" I expected the same response they always say when I ask them what they want to do. "EAT!" I laughed. They never changed, did they. I chuckled. "Of course." 

We all sat down on the stools by the kitchen counter and started eating the fettucini and garlic bread Hyo Jin unnie had prepared. "This is so delicious I could cry!," Lina exclaimed. "I know right," Min Hee agreed. "Who wants seconds?," Hyo Jin unnie asked. Everyone, including me, raised their hands up. "ME!" Hyo Jin unnie laughed. 

After our delicious meal, we thanked Hyo Jin unie and went out into the patio to get some fresh air. We sat down and started sharing stories of our first week of school. As usual, Min Hee was talking about the cute guys in her class. "Omg, mostly all the guys in my class are ugly, no offense, but there's this guy named Byun Baekhyun and he is so cute!" Her eyes instantly turned to hearts." 

"Calm your hormones down, Min Hee," Lina commented. I burst out laughing . "Nice one Lina." I gave her a high five. "Hey guys, what do you say about a homemade spa? We used to this all the time junior high, I wonder what happened." 

"Oh my god, I miss that," Min Hee exclaimed. "Me too," Lina and Cho Hee exclaimed. "Homemade spa it is." I trudged into my parent's bedroom and took out a few my mom's face masks. Is this still okay? I looked at the expiry date. Yup, it's not going to expire any time soon. I don't understand why dad still has these though. Mom's already gone. I sighed and went back to our spacious washroom. 

"We should work on everything. Let's fiix our hair, skin and body. Oooh, I'm so excited!," Min Hee, being the beauty expert, took charge. "Uh, I have these face masks. Do you want to use them?," I asked, handing her the packs. She looked at them carefully. "Yup, we can use these to moisturize our faces. Thanks, Mi Jin." 

For the next three hours, we pampered ourselves. We made hairs masks to moisturize our hair, scrubs to exfoliate our skin and other sorts of things. After we finished, I felt more refreshed more than ever. "Hey guys, what do say about a movie marathon before going to sleep? It's still kind of early." I looked at the clock. 9:10 pm. "Nothing better than relaxing on the couch while watching movies on a Friday night," Cho Hee said brightly. "Great. I'll go pop some popcorn while you guys choose what movies to watch."

I went to the kitchen and grabbed 3 packs of popcorn. Yeah, we're a hungry bunch. I was finished popping two packs when I heard the main door open. "Good evening, Mr. Kang," everyone greeted him politely. Dad? I immediately put the third popcorn pack into th microwave and dashed out of the kitchen. 

"Hey, dad guess what? I-" 

"I know, you passed the test. I heard earlier. Congratulations, Mi Jin. How's the tutor working out for you?" 

"Good." 

"Your mother would be so proud of you," my dad smiled warmly. I sighed once again. I wish umma was still here. "Is there anything you want as a prize?" I shook my head. "Nothing really but if it's not much of a bother, can you raise my allowance? By at least ₩ 20 000?" My dad nodded his head. "Thank you so much appa!" 

Beep beep beep. 

The popcorn was finished. I went back to kitchen and took it out. I went to the living room with the big bowl of popcorn and found that the others had already chosen movies to watch. They decided to watch Korean comedy movies and the titles they chose were: My Sassy Girl, y Teacher, 200 Pounds of Beauty and Sunny. (a/n: all of these movies are hilarious :3 If you haven't watched them yet, I recommend you to LOL) Looks about right, I thought. 

Laughter was heard throughout the whole house for the rest of the night. We got shushed every time we laughed by my dad and Hyo Jin unnie who had been already sleeping. It was about 3 o' clock when we finished the movie marathon. We were all sleepy but we still had energetic smiles on. We went back to the washroom to brush our teeth and change into our sleeping clothes. 

We went back to my room to sleep. I had already turned off the lights and the night light (a/n: Mi Jin is scared of the dark). The drowsiness that I felt earlier when we finished the movie marathon was gone. Instead, it was replaced with anxiousness. There's something that's been bothering me for a while now and I just needed someone to talk to. 

"Hey, are you all sleeping?" 

"Nope."

"Still completely awake here."

"Same." 

I took a deep breath dared myself to ask the question "Do you remember the first time we all met?" 

 

 

The princess wasn't always what she is now. What she was back then is different from what she is now. What happened? What turned her into this? The princess' past is still unknown. Her past wasn't sweet. It was bitter, it was sad. Will the princess be able to find the strength to tell it over again? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, naemiyoung here :3 I had a lot of fun writing this chapter. I think this is my best chapter yet lol. Anyways, you know how they always say there's a reason for everything? Yeah, well, there's a reason why Mi Jin turned out to be the coldhearted evil queen she is now. And you will know the reason in the following chapters. Btw, this is part one of Mi Jin's past. The following chapters will be written in Cho Hee's, Min Hee's and Lina's POV. They will help tell Mi Jin's story. I hope you guys will find Mi Jin's past interesting.

See you in the next chapter ^^ 

Remember, subscribe and comment :)

 

Btw, don't you find Mi Jin's house mesmerizing? 

LOL I wish I lived in a house like this T___T 

Oh and hey guys, want your own homemade spa too? LOL I found a website while writing the part about Mi Jin and her best friends homemade spa ^^ 

Here it is: http://allnaturalbeauty.us/hbr_mainpage.htm I want to try this out too hahaha :3

Oh, yeah, haha I almost forgot. Baekhyun from EXO made a cameo appearance :D I'm a BIG fan of EXO so I'll slip some cameo appearances from other members from time to time. Hope you gus don't mind ^^