Who is Lee Sungyeol?

My Nerd Prince [BACK FROM LONG HIATUS]

I stood quietly by the school gates with Cho Hee and the others, waiting for our ride. I kicked the ground as I replayed the events that happened earlier. Aish, what was I thinking?  I shook my head in frustration. I don't want to get tutored. I know my marks are low but they're passable. I laughed on the inside. Right. As if. I've had countless arguments with my dad about this. I thought back to the previous years where the school  board threatened to fail me but my dad embarrassingly begged them not to. I don't want to fight with my dad anymore and to be quite honest, I actually want to have decent and passable grades this year but I just don't know how. . .

My thoughts were disrupted by the sound of a honking car. "Oh, our ride's here." Lina exclaimed. I looked up. "Well, let's go in." I said, opening the door. I went into the front and the others piled in at the back. I looked at the mirror to confirm that they're comfortble and told the driver that we're ready. I smiled unexpectedly. We've been going home together since the beginning of junior high because we all live close together. I sighed at the memory. Back then we weren't even close.

After a brief while we arrived at Min Hee's house. She was about to get off when an idea came to my mind. "Wait, stop!" Min Hee looked back. "What?" "Um, can you go to my house? All of you too. You don't have to stay for long. There's just something I want to talk about with you guys." I pleaded. Everyone looked at each other. "I suppose. There's no one at home anyway." Min Hee shrugged. She went back in the car. "What about you Cho Hee and Lina?" They both nodded their heads. "My house then." I motioned to the driver.

10 minutes later we were all in my room. I sat on the floor and patted the space next to me, motioning the others to sit beside me. "What did you want to talk about?" Cho Hee asked as she sat down. "You know that I'm getting tutored by that Lee Sungyeol guy right? Well, I just wanted to ask you guys if you know any thing about him since I've never met him until this morning."

"I already told you what I know earlier at lunch," Lina said. I shook my head. "Do you know anything else? I meant, his personality." She thought hard. "That's all I remember. I was in his class a long time ago. First year of high school remember? I'm sorry."

"What about you guys? Do you know anything?" Cho Hee and Min Hee nodded their heads. "We were in the same class last year. The three of us." They started listing things they know/heard about him. Apparently, he's a choding, he talks loud and he's street smart. (a/n: lol if you watched Sesame Player with Infinite you'll know what I mean :3)

"Why do you want to know anyways?," Lina asked in curiosity. I sighed in annoyance. "We start tutoring once classes start which is in two days and I thought if I could find some embarrassing information about him I could. . . I could use it against him." I looked away in embarrassment. This was definitely not one of my brilliant plans. My best friends glowered their eyes at me. "Seriously? Mi Jin what's wrong with you?" I don't know. "Why can't you just obey properly? You need to get tutored anyway. No offense but your grades ." Cho Hee scolded me.

"Fine," I sighed in defeat. They all stood up to leave. "Wait!" I blocked the door. "Don't you guys want to eat first?" Lina's stomach grumbled. Everyone laughed. "Guess that answers my question then." We went downstairs and headed to the kitchen. I ushered everyone to the stools by the counter. This is where we've always sat to eat ever since the four us became friends. I smiled at the memories.

"So, what do you want to eat?," I asked, looking through the fridge. "Anything would be fine really," Cho Hee shrugged. Min Hee and Lina nodded in agreement. "How about bibimbap?" Lina's eyes turned to hearts. "I've been craving that since this morning!" I smilled. I took out all the ingredients and called our chef over.

"Oh, you hired a chef?"

"When did she start working?"

"Does she cook good?"

"Why'd you hire a chef?"

"Where's she from?"

"Or is she a he?"

I was suddenly bombarded with questions. "Uh, yeah we did hire a chef. She started working two weeks ago. We hired a chef because no one in my family can cook well. Of course her cooking is good otherwise we wouldn't have hired her. She lives here in Seoul. Yes, she's a she." I took a deep breath. "You guys are a too much." They giggled. "You didn't have to answer at once you know."

The chef suddenly came in. "You called?"

"Uh, yeah. Can you cook bibimbap for us?" She smiled. "Sure. Are they your friends?" She looked at Cho Hee and the others. "Ne. This is Cho Hee, Min Hee and Lina. Guys, meet Miss Ahn. She just graduated from culinary school a few months ago." I introduced everyone to each other. "Ah, no wonder she looks young," Min Hee remarked. The other agreed with her observation. Miss Ahn smiled. "You don't have to call me Miss Ahn. You can just call me by first name, Hyo Jin."

"You have a pretty name," Min Hee commented. "Thank you. I like your names too." After the friendly introductions we pretty much got kicked out of the kitchen. Yeah, Miss Ahn (or should I say Hyo Jin unnie) likes to have her privacy when she's cooking. We hung around the living room for a while, watching tv and talking about random things. Min Hee and Lina were in the middle of a 'Which Celebrity Wore It better' heated discussion when we got called back to the kitchen. We quickly took our sitting places on the counter and devoured the bibimbap Hyo Jin unnie had prepared.

After finishing our meal, went back up to my room. "I've been to your house loads of times but I'm still a bit overwhelmed by how bit it is," Lina said, her eyes wandering all over the place. I chuckled as I opened the door to my bedroom. "What time do you guys want to go home," I asked, faking a yawn. "I'm kind of tired and I need my beauty rest."

"Pssh, you're such a grandma. It's only 6 pm and you're already sleeping?," Cho Hee joked. "What can I say, beauty like mine can't be achieved overnight." I pointed to my face and made a silly expression (a/n: derp ftw lol) The room immediately erupted in laughter. "Fine, we'll leave. See you tomorrow."

"Do you need a ride home?"

"Don't be silly. We live close to you. We can walk home."

"Be careful. Watch out for pedo bears."

As soon as I made sure my friends were out of sight, I quickly dug out my yearbook from the first year of high school. I skipped to the last names starting with L. I scanned the pages for Lee Sungyeol. Bingo. I found him. I looked at his picture and giggled. He looks like a kid. Maybe I could use this to blackmail him. Nah. . . I suddenly recalled the discussion I had with my best friends earlier. . . . he's a choding. . . 

I tried to remember how he looked like this morning. He was to totally cool, calm and collected with a hint "good-goody" aura. His face practically screams Teacher's Pet. He's a choding, you say? But he's a nerd. . .

Yah, Lee Sung Yeol, just who the heck are you?

 

 

Surprises seem to be around the kingdom today. The poor man teaching the princess? The king must be out of his mind! "I cannot allow this to happen," the princess thought. And thus, she cooked up an evil plan. However, the princess' friends were tired of her foolish games. "Enough," they  told her. She agreed but don't let her innocence fool you. Her evil plan is still well under way. Will her plan work or will it backfire?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, naemiyoung here :3 Sorry I didn't update for three weeks *bows down* Our computer had a virus so we had to get it fixed at the computer hospital lol. To make up for it I will do a double update tomorrow ^^ I would have done it today but I'm too tired to plus it's 2 am. Mianhe :(

Oh yeah, pardon my bad old English OTL. I am not very good at this. . . .

See you in the next two chapters :D

 

P.S. If you're wondering "Is Kang Mi Jin a rich brat?" then the answer is yes. I've always imagined that their house looked something like this:

or this:

 

Idk, anything that looks modern-ish or rich. LOL.