The Plan

My Nerd Prince [BACK FROM LONG HIATUS]

Damn, I am so ed. 

That was the first thing I thought to myself once I got home from school. It's official. My reputation's down the drain. All those years of hard (haha yeah right) work to get to this point. From my outcast self 5 years ago I somehow evolved into this being in which the students at school worship yet fear me at the same time. 

So basically, I'm like a goddess. 

Well, let's not get too vain. 

Anyway, you get my point. Because of the stupid rumour (which thankfully got resolved the same day it erupted) I am no longer considered a higher-up at school. And it's all because of that rumour. 

Let's not get too hasty here. The rumour did actually contain a bit of truth. 

But still. . . 

Okay, Sungyeol's a nice guy and all and I like being his friend. I just don't want people to misunderstand. Yes, I did like Sungyeol as more than a friend, but that was in the past. To be more precise, yesterday.  I don't want people to misunderstand especially when I'm confused about my feelings. 

But nonetheless, my position from school as a higher-up has been demolished. Unless I can find a way to resuscitate it. And I think I have a solution to that right now. 

I slowly got out of bed and quickly texted Cho Hee, Min Hee and Lina. 

Hey guys, do you think you'll be able to come over right now? I need help :( 

A second later, Cho Hee responded. 

What's your 911 this time? 

I texted back. 

Please guys. I'm having a mental breakdown here. I know it's a weekday and all but it's only 5 o' clock. It's still early. I can always ask our driver to drive you home if it ever gets too late .

A message came a minute later from Min Hee.

You know, there's a reason why they invented cell phones and text messaging. So that communicating with people would be easier and faster rather than dragging their friends over at their house on a weekday while that person has a ton of homework.

Ugh jeez, okay then Min Hee. I rolled my eyes.

Okay, fine fine. We'll talk it over right now through this magnificent invention called text messaging. 

A message came almost immediately after I've sent it. 

Thank you very much, dear darling Mi Jin. 

I then proceeded to tell them my plan. Basically, it consists of bribing this boy named Kris - who's social status at school is also quite superior -  to become my "boyfriend." I thought that if I could somehow coax him into being in a fake relationship with me my social status at school would return to normal. Or perhaps maybe even go beyond my previous position. But I knew that was basically impossible since I'm already at the top of the social chain at school. 

After I told my plan to the others, well, they didn't seem to happy. In fact, I got caps locked to death by Cho Hee. Here's what her message said:

ARE YOU ING INSANE?! NO ONE CARES ANYMORE MI JIN. THE ISSUE ALREADY GOT RESOLVED EARLIER. AND WHO THE HELL CARES IF YOUR SOCIAL STATUS HAS DROPPED TREMENDOUSLY? i know i dont

OK NO OFFENSE BUT WE ALL KNOW THAT WAS BOUND TO HAPPEN SOMEDAY AND UNFORTUNATELY I THINK THAT TIME IS NOW. IT'S ABOUT TIME YOU STOPPED BEING SUCH (again, no offense) A AND START BEING NICE AGAIN AND BE THE MI JIN WE FIRST KNEW. YOU HAVE TO LET GO OF WHAT CHAN HO DID TO YOU 5 YEARS AGO. YOU WERE, LIKE WHAT, 13? 

I WANT YOU TO DROP YOUR PLAN IMMEDIATELY. pls im begging you :(

Okay, so that stung a bit. Who am I kidding, it stung A LOT. I know Cho Hee's serious because she swore twice and she practically loathes swearing. But I am not dropping my plan. I can't stop right now. I know it's been five years and I know that's hell of a long time but I still haven't gotten my redemption. After all, I got bullied for almost six years. All those harsh words, innumerable bruises and cuts, nights spent crying myself to sleep are all still embedded deep within me. Add them all up and multiply it by six and they wouldn't even come close to the way I treat everyone at school. 

Oh my gosh, I am a mentally disturbed person and yet somehow I still have best friends. I will eternally wonder about this for the rest of my life. . . 

After Cho Hee's message no one dared to say anything else. My phone was suddenly quiet. The loud pings were no longer heard. I sat  down quietly on my bed and waited for someone to say something. Min Hee still haven't voiced her opinion.

Approximately ten minutes later, my phone emitted a very loud ping. A message has arrived. I dove for my phone under the covers and opened it. It was a message from Min Hee. It wasn't from our group message. 

I opened the text message and read its contents. 

So, how exactly are we going to bribe Kris, who by the way is very hot?

My face broke out into a grin. I was smiling so hard my jaw was practically hurting. I texted Min Hee to come to my house so we could discuss my plan and she came in less than ten minutes. 

"I thought you had a lot of homework," I said to her the moment we entered my room. "I lied. I just didn't feel like getting up but now that we're discussing something that has something to do with a very hot boy I suddenly felt so energized," Min Hee said nonchalantly. I chortled. "Tsk, tsk Min Hee. Is there ever anything else that enters that mind of yours other than boys?" Min Hee eyed me playfully. "Well, let me ask you this: Is there ever anything else that enters that mind of yours other than getting revenge?" I laughed. "Touche." 

I then carefully explained my plan to Min Hee. "Okay, so tomorrow at lunch you're going to get Kris into that empty classroom near the basement and I will come and explain to him my plan." Min Hee just nodded. "Wait, are you sure you can talk him into this? I mean, you never even talked to him once so how will you be able get him into the room?" Min Hee waved her hand at me, as if she's sending min e away. I could tell she was starting to get annoyed. After all, I've been bombarding her with questions since she got here. My plans are usually flawless but I had doubts on this one for some odd reason. 

"Will you please just relax? I can do this. Don't worry," Min Hee said while looking straight into my eyes. I inhaled deeply. "Okay, you said it yourself."

The next morning, I woke up feeling anxious. Time seemed to have passed slowly for me. My mind kept wandering off during class and I got punished several times by Mr. Shim. When the bell finally rang for lunch, I felt nothing but dread. My feet slowly dragged me over to the classroom I was supposed to meet Kris in. 

When I opened the door -Voila- he was just standing there, looking all casual and hot amidst all the pile of broken desks and chairs in the background. I had to catch my breath to make sure I was still breathing.This boy literally took my breath away. I've always heard the other girls talking about him but I never realized he was this gorgeous. I've seen him a few times but I haven't been this close to him to see his godly face. His classroom was on the other side (Min Hee told me) of the school so given the situation, we didn't cross paths much. But now that I'm within a  few feet away from his presence I could totally see why the girls in my class like this boy so much. 

"Hi, Mi Jin," Kris smiled as he walked closer towards me. "Your friend, Min Hee said you wanted meet me. I've heard, uh, a lot of things about you." I instantly felt myself turning red. Oh God, I'm going to embarrass myself, I thought. I better do something quick before I back out on this. "I'm going to cut straight to the chase here. I'm pretty sure you heard about my rumour," I said assertively. He slowly nodded. "Because of that rumour I have lost my position as a queenka around here. I want you to help me to revive it." I was gaining a bit more confidence. One side of Kris's mouth turned up. "Ah, I see. I think I know where you're going with this but I'll let you finish explaining yourself." 

I put one hand on my hips and looked at him directly. "I want you to pretend to be my boyfriend." His smirk suddenly became prominent. "So I was correct. I'd be willing to be your fake boyfriend but my service comes with a price. Literally." I stood up straighter. "I know that. That's why I came here prepared. I have brought with me 40 000I hope that is enough for you." He put his hand in front of my face all of sudden. "Wait a minute, how long are you planning on making our fake a relationship last?" I shrugged. "I don't know, maybe a week or so."

He started pacing around the room. "40 000? I guess that's enough. But I get to dump you okay, sweetie? Oh, look at that I'm already starting to become your boyfriend." He laughed and put an arm around me. I cringed from his touch so I slowly wriggled from his arm. "No way! I said I'm trying to revive my queenka position not worsen it." He started his chin. He paced around he room yet again. "Let's see. I'm going to become your fake boyfriend for a week and you're the one doing the dumping? Hmmm,I'm sorry but ₩ 40 000 ain't gonna cut it sweetheart. Either you give me more money or you just forget about the whole thing." 

Oh wow, this guy's a douche. His looks are a gift from the gods but his personality is a curse from the devil. "Fine. 50 000. Is that good enough for you?," I managed to say between gritted teeth. "Now we're talkin' baby!" He put his arm around me and together we walked out the door. Immediately, people started staring with envy. Kris leaned down on one of my ears and whispered rather demandingly, "You better give me my money after school today or else you say goodbye to your popularity forever." He quickly placed a peck on my cheek. "Babe, you look so cute today," he cooed. The people's eyes around us immediately widened and they quickly grabbed their phones and started texting away. 

Okay, this guy's good. Almost too good it's making me sick. 

 

 

Rumours started around the kingdom the day after the princess confessed her feelings to the poor man. Luckily, the princess and her royal subjects were able to resolve the rumour quickly but the she was left with a shattered throne. The princess quickly composed a plan along with her one of her royal subjects. In the end, the princess's plan worked perfectly. She is practically a few steps away from reviving her throne back. But the question is, could the new guy in the kingdom that's making every girl in the land swoon really help her? Or is she just heading towards another disaster?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys, naemiyoung here :3

OTL OTL OTL I AM SO SORRY。:゚(。ノω\。)゚・。  I D-DIDN'T UPDATE FOR A REAAAALLY LONG TIME *creys* Blame it all on school fml. I have homework every night and it's been stressing me out lately. I start writing a chapter the day after I update but because I have so much to do I end up stopping after writing a few paragraphs. And then when I finally have free time, I pick up from where I left off but then I get writer's block. My life's just a constant cycle of this *breaks down on the floor* 

BUT I PROMISE YOU GUISE THAT I WILL TRY TO UPDATE AT LEAST EVERY TWO WEEKS.

High School tbh

image

OH BUT BTW DID I TELL YOU GUISE THAT THE GUY I LIKE LOOKS LIKE A MIXTURE OF CHEN FROM EXO AND KIM SOO HYUN?? NO? WELL, HE DOES. HE'S SO CUTE OMFG *blushes*

image

See you all on the next chapter  ヾ(@^∇^@)ノ

 

Edit (11/4/12, 10:35): Mianhe, dear subscribers for updating again just to make fix my mistakes in this chapter *bows down deeply*. I finished typing this chapter at around 2 am plus I was super duper tired so I didn't really bother to check for mistakes. So, uh, yeah there you go. 

Btw, I'll probably start typing chapter 22 somewhere around this week. Please wait for my next update (^v^)