Dazed and Confused

My Nerd Prince [BACK FROM LONG HIATUS]

My Nerd Prince playlist:

Now playing: No Reply - 그저 그런 하루

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I stood silently and awkwardly by the school gates. The dismissal bell was about to ring any minute but I've been impatiently waiting for everyone to come for the past thirty minutes. I got out of the school earlier than the rest since everyone's already started cleaning up. I didn't want to help and besides, I wanted to be alone to recollect my thoughts. 

Once again, I was rejected. But only this time I wasn't as devastated. I was entirely at fault on this. I was too reckless and thought only about myself. Not once did I even consider Sungyeol's feelings. 

But it still hurts. 

Only this time, not as much. 

Sungyeol thought it was a joke. I thought I was being sincere. But I guess it's better that Sungyeol thought it was a prank otherwise I would walk in shame everyday, being rejected by a nerd. I'm thankful that it was only the two of us in that music room or else rumours would be flying off everyone's mouth by now like there's no tomorrow. 

Ring ring! 

The bell finally rang and a horde of students came bursting out the door. The air smelled like sweat and deodorant mixed together. I pinched my nose as students passed by the school gates. 

"Mi Jin!" I turned around and saw Lina waving her hands in the air. "Where's the others?," I asked as soon as she reached the gates. "Oh, they're still fixing some stuff inside. They should be down in about 10 minutes or so." I nodded my head and slipped my earphones in my ears to drown out the noise from the crowd of students still passing by the gates. 

As the song I was listening to came to an end, the others came running towards me and Lina. "Have you been waiting for a long time?" Sungjong asked. I shook my head. Sungjong sighed in relief. "Shall we go then?," Lina asked excitedly. Everyone pumped their fists in the air and yelled "Let's go eat ice cream!" They started running across the street.

I giggled at their silliness but I stayed behind everyone else. I looked ahead and saw everyone else entering the shop. I sighed and started to pick up my pace a little faster. 

"Mi Jin, wait!" 

I looked behind and saw Sungyeol running towards me. Sungyeol? I thought you were with everyone else. "Did you come out of the school only now?" He nodded. "I was about to go out of the building with everyone else but a teacher suddenly called me," he said sheepishly, scratching his head.

"Were you waiting for a long time?," he asked. I shook my head. "Not really. Everyone came out about 5 minutes ago so it's okay. Sungyeol sighed in relief. "That's good. Shall we go then?" He held out his hand. I gulped. I hesitantly grabbed his hand. Together, we ran over to the ice cream shop, hand in hand. 

When we got there, everyone was already sitting at a table. Some were standing up, about to order. I hurriedly went over to the table and told them to sit back down. "Wait! Just tell me what you want and I'll order it for you. I'll pay." Myungsoo, Sungjong and Sungyeol stared at me while the rest were giggling in delight. "Wow, thanks Mi Jin! I actually forgot my wallet," Lina said sheepishly. 

I turned around and saw Myungsoo, Sungjong and Sungyeol still staring at me. I glared at them. "What?" Myungsoo squinted his eyes at me. "What's the catch?" I shrugged my shoulders and said, "Nothing, I just wanted to be nice." Sungjong gave in and sat down beside Lina. "I want vanilla ice cream," he smiled at me. "Oh, oh me too," Lina said. 

Myungsoo and Sungyeol sighed and eventually gave in as well. "Fine, whatever you say." 

Everyone told me their orders and I immediately went to the counter. "I would like three vanilla cones, two chocolate cones, one mint cone and one green tea cone please." When they finished my order, I called Cho Hee over to help me bring back all the ice cream. She skipped happily. 

"I know why you're treating everyone~," she said in a sing-songy voice. "Oh yeah, why~," I mimicked her voice. "Your birthday is coming up soon. You do this every year." She went back to her normal voice. I laughed. "Yeah, happy birthday to me."

Everyone grabbed their ice cream as soon as I sat down. "Thank you Mi Jin," Min Hee and Lina chorused. "Yeah, thank you," the three guys mumbled under their breaths. 

We ate our ice cream in peace. When everyone finished eating their ice cream, our booth suddenly broke into cheerful chatter. We stayed in the shop for at least an hour when we decided to bid our goodbye's. 

I was standing alone at the front, waiting for the driver. Cho Hee, Lina and Min Hee decided to go shopping. They had offered me to come with them too but I declined their offer. Right now, I really want to be alone. I want to gather my thoughts and come to a reasonable conclusion about my feelings towards Sungyeol.

I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I turned around. Sungyeol was standing there awkwardly. "Yes?," I asked equally as awkward as he  was standing. "I just want to say thanks. I enjoyed you and your friend's company. I had a lot of fun today. Forgive my friends for being a stiff around you. They just-" I reached for his shoulder. "It's okay, really it is," I assured him. He smiled. "Do you think maybe we can hang around like this another time?" I nodded. "Sure." I smiled. Sungyeol smiled back.

The car came at that time and honked, interrupting our moment. We both stepped out awkwardly. "Uh,I'llseeyoutommorow," I said quickly and stepped into the car. I didn't want to embarrass myself further by letting Sungyeol see my red face. 

As soon as I got home, I quickly ran for my room and collapsed on the bed. Everything that happened with Sungyeol today, I don't want to remember. I've embarrassed myself enough today to last at least for the next few years. 

To be quite honest, I'm not exactly sure about my feelings towards Sungyeol anymore. I liked him earlier today but doubt is controlling my heart. My actions today were much too rash and I regret it deeply. 

I still like him but this time, I think it's the kind of like that's between more than a friend but less than a lover. Maybe this is the feeling that I've felt all along but I deluded it to romantic feelings in hopes of healing the wound that Chan Ho still hasn't left me. 

Or possibly not. 

Either way, I know whatever relationship I had with Sungyeol previously, I will never get it back. I opened my phone to check the time but instead a dreaded feeling greeted me when I saw the background picture: it was a picture of me and Chan Ho during the water fight 5 years ago. I did a double take and wondered to myself how this picture became my background. 

Then realization hit me: that picture has been my background since that day. A deep hole formed in my chest and I immediately browsed through my phone to change my background into a different one. However, as I was about to hit Enter I backed out and a voice inside my head said, "Not now, Mi Jin." 

I sighed. Everything is so messed up. I just want to curl and go to a sleep slumber to forget all my problems. I pulled up my blanket and drifted to sleep. I didn't even bother to change out of my uniform but that was the least of my worries. 

Sungyeol, forgive me if I start to act awkward around you from now on but I just really need to sort out my feelings. . . 

 

 

 

The poor man rejected the princess but for some reason she doesn't feel devastated. However, dread fills her heart. The princess feels exhausted mentally and emotionally. Will she ever get out of this mess?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys, naemiyoung here :3 This chapter ended up being different than what I had intended it to be so I'm not really satisfied. But it's okay since it's somewhat similar to what I had in mind. 

Anyway, I just want you guys to know that school's starting tomorrow and I probably won't be able to update as much anymore. I'll probably only update once a week and it would be over the weekend. 

Goodbye, Summer 2012~

Subscribe and comment :)