Lock & Key

My Nerd Prince [BACK FROM LONG HIATUS]

I think I'm starting to like you. . . 

 

Aish, was I on my right mind last night? Yes, I admit I'm attracted to Sungyeol but it's only aesthetic. As I said, he's cool. And besides, I don't think he's boyfriend material. I only want to be his friend. 

I got up and put my blinds up. Sunlight filled the room. Min Hee and the others groaned. "Ugh, can you put the blinds back down? I was in the middle of a really good dream." I chuckled. "Let me guess, that Baekhyun guy was in it." Min Hee's face broke into a smile. "How did you know?" I rolled my eyes. 

"Let's eat breakfast." I led everyone out the door. We sat down on our usual places at the counter and started eating. Usually, food is able to take my mind off things but today, however, my mind was not at ease. I kept thinking back to Sungyeol and why I possibly said I liked him. Cho Hee caught my sullen face and nudged me. 

"What's wrong? You look a little down today." I put my fork down and faced her. "Cho Hee, there's something wrong with me." She looked at me with eager eyes. "I'll tell you later. Right now, I just want to eat. I'm kind of hungry." She glowered her eyes at me. "I know you're not hungry," she mumbled. 

After eating breakfast, we quickly climbed back up to my room. "So, mind telling me your problem now?" Cho Hee sat down on the empty space next to me. "I think I l-like Sungyeol," I whispered. Cho Hee inched closer to me. "What? Sorry, I didn't hear you." I said it once more. Cho Hee squinted. "Say it louder Mi Jin. I can't hear you." I grew impatient. "I SAID I THINK I LIKE SUNGYEOL!" 

Everyone's eyes turned towards me, their eyes big and wide. "WHAT?!" Loud voices filled my room. Everyone suddenly had questions. I'm willing to answer all their questions if only they shut up,  I grumbled. "Okay, everyone lower your voices down. It's still a bit early." They stopped talking at once. 

"What do you want to know," I asked, folding my arms in front of me. 

"Why?" 

"Are you sure you like-like him or are you just playing with him?"

"Why?"

"Well, he is pretty cute. . ."

"Is this is for real?" 

"Are you trolling us?"

"You haven't liked anyone since-" 

Everyone stopped talking. "Do. not. mention. his. name," Cho Hee warned. Min Hee backed away. "Okay, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." I shrugged. "Whatever." 

"But seriously though, why do you like him? I don't have anything against him but this is just unexpected news," Lina said. "Well, to be honest I don't know as well," I said shrugging my shoulders. If I tell them the real reason all hell would break loose, I thought. Cho Hee and Min Hee sighed. "It's only been a week since you met. You liked him that fast?," Min Hee said in bewilderment. 

I smiled. "Guys, this isn't a serious crush though." Oh's filled the room. "Why don't we clean up? I want to go shopping today." Everyone sighed. "Easy for you to say. At least you have money. We don't." I laughed. "Well, if you're extra nice to me today I just might treat you guys." Everyone got up and started cleaning. I started laughing like an idiot. Works like a charm, I thought.

An hour later, we were all in the car and heading to the COEX mall (a/n: yes, it is a real mall located in Seoul :3 I want to go there someday *sigh*). For the next few hours, we ran around the whole place trying to buy the latest trends. After about a few hours, I decided to give my credit card a break and decided to eat. 

"So guys, what do you want to eat? My treat by the way," I said as we stood in line of our favourite restaurant. Min Hee and Lina started squealing. "YAY, FOOD!!" People around the restaurant gave us weird looks. I nudged Min Hee and Lina. "Calm down." I glared at them. 

After ordering, we sat down on our table. As usual, Min Hee kept blabbering about all the cute guys she saw and the clothes she bought while waiting for our food to come. When our order came, I devoured it like lion with a prey. We left the mall soon after and went our different ways. 

The weekend passed by quickly and I found myself sitting in class once more. I looked at Sungyeol. Do I really like this guy? I mean, he's a nerd, I asked myself. Soon enough, the lunch bell rang. Without even realizing, I was following Sungyeol and his group once more. "Erm, can I join you guys for lunch?" Myungsoo and Sungyeol squinted their eyes at me while Sungjong gladly accepted. 

Sungyeol's table was quiet. I sighed. "Are you guys always quiet like this?," I asked. Sungjong snorted. "No, we're only quiet because you're here with us. We're always awkward around girls." Myungsoo slapped his arm. "Yah, what are you doing? You're hurting my pride." Smoke was coming out of his nose. Sungjong giggled. "Whatever hyung." 

I turned my head towards Sungyeol. Amidst all the commotion, he remained unfazed. I cocked my head sideways. "Why are you so quiet? Gosh geez, I'm talking to you. Don't space out on me." He turned towards me. "Oh, sorry. I was busy memorizing the notes given to us earlier," he chuckled. 

We finished eating and headed  outside. "Why aren't you with your friends anyway?," Sungyeol asked. "Oh so now you talk to me." I glared at him. He backed away slowly. "Just kidding." I stuck my tongue out. "Anyways, I'm not with them because they're eating inside their class. They're studying for a test. Such nerds," I lied. 

"Ah I see. Well, thanks for hanging out with us. Myungsoo and Sungjong have been bugging me about you. They said they find you, erm, interesting?" I squinted my eyes. "Why is that a question?" Sungyeol laughed nervously. 

I continued walking. Without noticing, I tripped on a crack in the pavement. I fell in slow motion. What the hell?! Why did I trip? That wasn't even a trip-worthy crack. Kang Mi Jin, get your head out of the clouds! I landed on the ground with a loud thud. Ow, my face. No wait, my whole body hurts. I stood up groaning. 

Sungyeol immediately came to my rescue. "Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere? Hey, you have a bruise on you face and you nose is bleeding. We should get you to the nurse." He held out his hand. I felt my heart skip a beat. Awww, such a nice gesture, I thought. By the time I got up I realized a crowd had gathered around me. I scowled at the people. "What are you looking at? There's nothing to see here!" I shooed everyone away.

As days passed, I unconciously found myself hanging out with Sungyeol more. The little things he does always seems to make my heart beat a little faster. I eventually became more comfortable with Myungsoo and Sunjong. Our quiet lunch table days are gone. People are starting to get suspicious but I didn't care.

One day, I finally came to a conclusion: It's offiicial; I like Sungyeol. The Sungyeol. As in, Sungyeol the Nerd. I smiled to myself. Sungyeol, you hold the key to my heart. Will you unlock it someday?

I cringed at my cheesiness.

What the actual living crap, Kang Mi Jin. Since when were you into these kinds of things?

 

 

And alas, the princes confirms she likes the poor man. However, somewhere deep within the princess' heart, doubt lingers. She asks herself, Are my feelings truly geniune? Time will only tell. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys, naemiyoung here :3 Okay, I have to admit, this chapter was bleh :( To put it bluntly, I think this chapter is absolute crap. I don't know, I've been feeling a little down lately. School is approaching soon and I can't hide my nervousness. I'm really sorry guys *bows down* I promise a better chapter next time. 

Btw, are any of you watching Answer Me/Reply 1997? That show is so BAMF! Idk, for some reason Sung Shi Won, the main girl, reminds of me. LOLOL it's awesome ^^ 

P.S. Are any of you watching Infinite Ranking King as well? OMFG It's hilarious >.<